What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (59 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought one! 2004 LX470. 247,000 miles. Clean carfax, everything works. Leaky steering rack only reported issue. Listed for $10.5k. Bought for $8.2k. Got it home and found small leak on right rear wheel (brake fluid?), crack in each CV boot; no jack or lug wrench included. Good tread, strong brakes, front end clear wrap on hood, bumper and mirrors, very clean overall (but tiny rust areas near door drains). 17.3 mpg on 1st tank of fuel. Off roaded 1st time yesterday and did well in low range, a little thump at times - not sure if mechanical or traction control. Up a hill so steep my wife watched from outside...picked up some tools last night and will be fixing the tire (screw stuck in it), and checking for the source of the brake leak this weekend. Will be asking for advice as I find more issues. Preparing for about 6 weeks of vacation this summer taking our family of 7.

What other parts are needed besides the wiper arm and blade? You mentioned linkage and nut. Do you have part numbers? This really looks good. Thanks for sharing.
I got the same thing, it comes with everything you need. I was just going reused the old nut and washer from the original but it had new ones in there.

Get ready for some hefty tech. Noticed I was having to reach clear the hell down to get the seat belt buckle, found out the little plastic stopper thing was gone. Maybe got mashed to oblivion closing in the door since my seat belt doesn't retract. So, got a new belt stopper thing.

IMG_20190321_175110.jpg

Trying to figure out where it goes . . .

IMG_20190321_175200.jpg

Installation success. Six bananas. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

IMG_20190321_175358.jpg

And amazingly for my track record of working on things, I was smart enough to move the buckle up the belt to the other side of the stopper before clipping it in place.

Got these 2.5” Tourflex constant springs in from Jason @TRAIL TAILOR today. I can’t wait to get these on next weekend!

Jason your quick communication, knowledge, and fast shipping continues to impress me. You are somehow always there when needed. Thanks again for the best customer service in the business!!!

33602FA1-EF76-478D-967B-BAC4DD328A64.jpeg

Get ready for some hefty tech. Noticed I was having to reach clear the hell down to get the seat belt buckle, found out the little plastic stopper thing was gone. Maybe got mashed to oblivion closing in the door since my seat belt doesn't retract. So, got a new belt stopper thing.

Installation success. Six bananas. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

And amazingly for my track record of working on things, I was smart enough to move the buckle up the belt to the other side of the stopper before clipping it in place.
Amazing success story! Such an inspiration to us all.:clap:

View attachment 1933634

View attachment 1933635

View attachment 1933636

Golf clap :D

Way to go!

Installed the PFRAN interior led light kit - so much light! And I got the 5w backup LED lights, they are very bright, wish they were more of a wider light pattern, but will try them out for a while. Popped the 10a fuse, bought asst. fuse kit with puller to leave in rig. Replaced burned out tail light.

A while back, got NuLens restoration kit for fog lights, they came out pretty awesome.

Also received YodaTEQ engine bay light kit, will install tomorrow.
IMG_0498.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg

Former FJ60 owner and Well, 5 weeks ago I bought my first 100 series, 1 owner 1999 with 181k. Since then, on the weekends, I have added a Dobinson 1.5 lift, Slee diff drop, ARB Sahara front, and arb deluxe rear bumpers, removed all of the fake wood, flares and running boards, added Sony ax5000, installed new oem black, center dash bezel and center console trims . water pump, belts, timing belt, idlers, pulleys, starter, 100a alternator, brake pads and disks all around, inner tie rods, repacked wheel bearings, 18 inch sequoia wheels and 275/70 ko2s, thermostat, constant pressure hose clamps and new main hoses and red coolant, weather tech mats, new 1st and 2nd row leather, 12k winch, removed all gold badges, received and will install Slee AGM battery, LED front spots, trail tailor front points, ordered white knuckle sliders and Slee Spaces (waiting) and finally Heater Tees.

The forum has been a great help and special thanks to TNTNola and his friend Ton on the sweet barely used rear ARB bumper, and to Ben at Slee. and Sam and Bill.

Last edited:
Former FJ60 owner and Well, 5 weeks ago I bought my first 100 series, 1 owner 1999 with 181k. Since then, on the weekends, I have added a Robinson 1.5 lift, Slee diff drop, ARB Sahara front, and arb deluxe rear bumpers, removed all of the fake wood, flares and running boards, added Sony ax5000, installed new oem black, center dash bezel and center console trims . water pump, belts, timing belt, idlers, pulleys, starter, 100a alternator, brake pads and disks all around, inner tie rods, repacked wheel bearings, 18 inch sequoia wheels and 275/70 ko2s, thermostat, constant pressure hose clamps and new main hoses and red coolant, weather tech mats, new 1st and 2nd row leather, 12k winch, removed all gold badges, received and will install Slee AGM battery, LED front spots, trail tailor front points, ordered white knuckle sliders and Slee Spaces (waiting) and finally Heater Tees.

The forum has been a great help and special thanks to TNTNola and his friend Ton on the sweet barely used rear ARB bumper, and to Ben at Slee. and Sam and Bill.

Whoa! You did more in 5 weeks than most would do in months! Congrats on your new truck and post some pics!

Got these 2.5” Tourflex constant springs in from Jason @TRAIL TAILOR today. I can’t wait to get these on next weekend!

Jason your quick communication, knowledge, and fast shipping continues to impress me. You are somehow always there when needed. Thanks again for the best customer service in the business!!!

View attachment 1933649

Which constant rate did you go with? I'm running the dual rate and thinking I actually be better with the heavy constant rate coils.

Which constant rate did you go with? I'm running the dual rate and thinking I actually be better with the heavy constant rate coils.
From what I understand the coils I have are dual rate. Tough dog just terms their “heavy” coils as “constant” 660-1100lbs. I was thinking all of the red Tourflex springs are dual rate and the gold springs are not. Maybe Jason @TRAIL TAILOR can chime in and clear this up.

Will you please forward to me as well? I’d appreciate it!

Hey,

I found the info in this page:

PFran MIA...

The chart is about half way down. I can’t take credit for it at all.

These are the lights I went with on amazon:

GrandviewTM Super White...
AUXITO 194 LED Light Bulb 6000K...
These two will cover everything except the two rear personnel lights with I left stock on purpose.

There are tons of options on amazon. These were just the ones I went with. I installed them the other night and man what a difference. Literally night and day. Haha.

@jlovold Thanks for that. And :rofl: at the image—87mph, driving in the center of the road, going all directions at once.

IMG_20190322_135246.jpg

Moved the GPS-HUD -Speedometer to a more centered position. The box and display is out of wiew from the seating-position.

Works really well, very accurate. Will be interesting to see how it works at night-time.

I finally gave my front end the 1" lift buy cranking up the Tbars. The front is now about .75" lower than the rear. And I settled on my Scanguage placement. I've tried on top of the column but I wasn't happy with it so I moved it to above my left knee. I haven't knocked it off yet and I can readily see it so I think that's the spot.

For anyone looking for an Exped Megamat 10, CampSaver has them at 25% off right now.

Anyone drop an Exped Megamat Duo LW onto this platform? It's 77.6" long, but that's the length you have to go to get the extra width (41" to 52" from M to LW) that makes it comfortable for two people. Does it scrunch in?
Following this as I thought the DUO Would be perfect for me and the fiancé

For anyone looking for an Exped Megamat 10, CampSaver has them at 25% off right now.
@tjb @krice118 I have the Duo on top of KISS drawers and folded-down rear seats, and it fits perfectly. Not sure about it fitting with the rear seats folded up & against the front seats. It's a very high-quality piece and worth the $$ IMO. Throw on a fitted sheet, comforter, and regular pillows and it's as good as home.

@tjb @krice118 I have the Duo on top of KISS drawers and folded-down rear seats, and it fits perfectly. Not sure about it fitting with the rear seats folded up & against the front seats. It's a very high-quality piece and worth the $$ IMO. Throw on a fitted sheet, comforter, and regular pillows and it's as good as home.

Thanks, went with two 72" single Megamats (wide) when it popped up on Campsaver earlier this week. Just thought the 78" Duo was too long, and the 72" Duo was too narrow.

Thanks, went with two 72" single Megamats (wide) when it popped up on Campsaver earlier this week. Just thought the 78" Duo was too long, and the 72" Duo was too narrow.

I have the 78" duo but haven't tried in the LC yet. I was thinking that I could just slide the front seats forward if needed. Not ideal but not really an issue either. In hindsight, two 72"x26" mats like you ordered is probably the best option. A little easier if ever traveling solo as well.

Installed a bunch of goodies on a beautiful Friday in JAX

1) OWL Expedition ASAP flaps. Amazing quality and fit! If these are ever available again, buy them. Great job @Ramathorn15 !
2) ARB 2500 awning
3) RAGO awning mounts (gx470 mounts worked perfectly on the factory rails)

IMG_20190322_154419110_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190322_153231060_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190322_153250870_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190322_153303143_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• LCT
Back
Top Bottom