What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

had to replace steering rack,power steering fluid return lines and reservoir tank

Bought it :bounce:. Current plans are to bring it up to speed on maintenance, truck just rolled over 213k miles.
Turns out the owner removed the AHC unit, replaced it with coils and springs and rebuilt the transmission in July! I can't believe a 17 year old over car with over 200k miles still drives this well.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_6957.JPG

I finally have something worth posting....ordered up a Tough Dog suspension kit with Nitro UCA's...slap some 295/75/16s BFGs on there after the lift. No more stock truck!

drawers 1.jpg
drawers 1.jpg
drawer 2.jpg
drawer 3.jpg
drawer 4.jpg
drawer 5.jpg
drawer 2.jpg
Received and installed my Rocky Road sliders and Gamiviti rack last week, this week I started on a drawer arrangement for the cargo area. I removed the "double" second row seat and left the passenger side single seat (you never know when you'll have to give a Jeep guy a ride.) After talking with a few folks about the possibilities surrounding a cargo box, I decided to grab a left over sheet of Knotty Alder from my kitchen cabinets and get after it. Next.....building the drawers themselves. Then a few pieces of hardware, a finish of some sort and we'll be set. I sleep on the long side, wife gets the short one (OK guys, not that short one.) Oh, the box with the lid is accessed from the left passenger door or seat. I may want to hinge it so it opens the other way, toward the front.........we'll see.

Today I made this pile of parts (installed Slee heavy rear springs and OME shocks) and I didn't mow my lawn :cool: I also pulled all of the spare tire mount hardware out

p2545241312-5.jpg

Next, I'm off to the Funny Car Nationals... diggin that rake flashback from the 70's... now where did I put those air shocks and traction bars? :smokin: eh... maybe not... The LC is a bit short on horsepower. Is there even a Funny Car category anymore?

p2545240640-5.jpg

I think I'm going to like the lift. It rides fine. Once the rear bumper and front lift is on it should get better.

I've got to go to town and pick up a 30mm socket and 20mm nut. Around here going to town is 120 mile round trip so that will eat up my morning. Hopefully I can get the front part of the lift kit (torsion bars, diff drop, UCA's, and shocks) on by tomorrow. If not... maybe the rear bumper.

Hauled my pony up to the Mohonk Preserve this evening.

I love my rig. This truck and trailer seem made for each other. So smooth and never fishes for gears, and plenty of power when I need it.

IMG_20171001_205001-5076x1929.jpg

IMG_20171001_201503-5076x3807.jpg

IMG_20171001_182101624-3807x5076.jpg

That truck is obviously lifted, but is that bumper that lightweight? LOL, Looks like the front end went up a couple inches.

Not lifted but equipped with AHC shown in poser mode:D

I've had a couple of really annoying squeaks/rattles inside my LC. One coming from the dash that I have spent a lot of time trying to isolate and lived with for months. Happened to put my arm on the center console while going over some bumps and the rattling stopped. Ended up being the extra cup holder thing under the lid. Just wasn't latched in quite right I guess. One problem solved.

IMG_1874-M.jpg

The other rattle was coming from the rear driver's side door panel. Removed it and put a thin film of grease where the clips go on the the inner door skin. Second problem solved.
IMG_1873-M.jpg

Can't tell you how great it is to be rid of these rattles. Happy again. :)

I've had a couple of really annoying squeaks/rattles inside my LC. One coming from the dash that I have spent a lot of time trying to isolate and lived with for months. Happened to put my arm on the center console while going over some bumps and the rattling stopped. Ended up being the extra cup holder thing under the lid. Just wasn't latched in quite right I guess. One problem solved.

IMG_1874-M.jpg

The other rattle was coming from the rear driver's side door panel. Removed it and put a thin film of grease where the clips go on the the inner door skin. Second problem solved.
IMG_1873-M.jpg

Can't tell you how great it is to be rid of these rattles. Happy again. :)

OCD rattle chaser... My kind of guy.

I finally had the duiser 1” body lift and arb diff breather I had in my garage for the past 6 months installed by Tandem Automotive of Fort Worth. The blue hose I used was sourced from a vendor my company uses in the oil and gas industry. The arb kit only came with 25ft of tubing. I have plenty of it left if anyone needs any.

4260509C-0D00-4573-94EB-C301D22A1CD9.png

9A184C65-A9FB-4B5C-9AD7-4E8B8A1418DE.jpeg

I finally had the duiser 1” body lift and arb diff breather I had in my garage for the past 6 months installed by Tandem Automotive of Fort Worth. The blue hose I used was sourced from a vendor my company uses in the oil and gas industry. The arb kit only came with 25ft of tubing. I have plenty of it left if anyone needs any.

View attachment 1548222

View attachment 1548223

Very nice, I have a druiser kit laying around also... working up the courage to get it done. How much did your shop charge?

@oldbull ... Do you have access to more of that blue tubing and would you consider selling some of that to me? I really like it.

@oldbull ... Do you have access to more of that blue tubing and would you consider selling some of that to me? I really like it.

Yes sir. I initially tried getting more of the arb tubing (part number 170113) but everyone I contacted said it was on back order. A few places online said they had it in stock, but when I called them, they also informed me it was on back order. I did manage to find some arb tubing on eBay, but they wanted 3x the amount of the normal cost of it. That’s when I asked our vendor if he could get me some heavy duty Polly tubing, and he delivered. I will PM you shortly.

CF713DB8-AFA1-4B1E-8F4D-6C0B8148DE8C.jpeg

70513114-8192-43FF-B314-8C2631E65506.jpeg

Today I made this pile of parts (installed Slee heavy rear springs and OME shocks) and I didn't mow my lawn :cool: I also pulled all of the spare tire mount hardware out

p2545241312-5.jpg

Next, I'm off to the Funny Car Nationals... diggin that rake flashback from the 70's... now where did I put those air shocks and traction bars? :smokin: eh... maybe not... The LC is a bit short on horsepower. Is there even a Funny Car category anymore?

p2545240640-5.jpg

I think I'm going to like the lift. It rides fine. Once the rear bumper and front lift is on it should get better.

I've got to go to town and pick up a 30mm socket and 20mm nut. Around here going to town is 120 mile round trip so that will eat up my morning. Hopefully I can get the front part of the lift kit (torsion bars, diff drop, UCA's, and shocks) on by tomorrow. If not... maybe the rear bumper.

What are your plans for the air bags? Have plans on buying some in the future but if you don't need them let me know.

You can have them. I can't guarantee that they are good. They didn't have air in them but they didn't need air in them with the way I was loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom