What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaned seatbelts with an OxyClean + purple degreaser + hot water mixture. Disconnected belts top & bottom with 14mm wrench, pulled them all the way out and clipped them so they wouldn't retract:

View attachment 1544542

Let them soak overnight in 5-gallon bucket on the front armrest:

View attachment 1544538

Next morning, pulled belts outside the car and around the back, held with a bungee cord, closed doors, and hosed them down:

View attachment 1544539 View attachment 1544540

Belts are shiny new now and retract much better. I also added the tape kit (part no. 73205-48011) to the shoulder loops to help retraction.

Water in bucket was completely nasty, just from soaking overnight:

View attachment 1544546

Man I need to do this. Thanks

I think I dialed them back 5 clicks from full stop... making that 4? I'll click em up 1 or 2 before hitting the highway in the am.
What do you recommend offroad? I have a pretty washed out dirt road in my hunt club that I bomb around 25mph. Some washboard and mud holes.

Cleaned seatbelts with an OxyClean + purple degreaser + hot water mixture. Disconnected belts top & bottom with 14mm wrench, pulled them all the way out and clipped them so they wouldn't retract:

View attachment 1544542

View attachment 1544538

Next morning, pulled belts outside the car and around the back, held with a bungee cord, closed doors, and hosed them down:

Belts are shiny new now and retract much better. I also added the tape kit (part no. 73205-48011) to the shoulder loops to help retraction.

View attachment 1544546

TIP: Before you start check the weather for the NEXT day so the belts will be able to dry completely before you let them retract back. I pulled them up onto my roofrack and let them sit there in the sun for a few hours after rinsing.

Darn it! Serves as a reminder that I need to clean mine as well. They're starting to retract slow, but this is not a task I'm looking forward to. Good on you for getting 'er done.

New 100 (60 and 80 series too) REAR antenna OR LED pod mount. I'll have a price on these in a couple of days. Need to weld them out and finalize numbers.

Hoping for a 85-95$ shipped bare metal price per PAIR. Once I get to Redding I can get some powdercoated for ~10$ more per pair.

Thanks guys,

J

View attachment 1540944 View attachment 1540947 View attachment 1540950 View attachment 1540951
View attachment 1540953

Yes!! @reevesci J- need this and a diff drop from you when you have it all ready.

View attachment 1544542

View attachment 1544538

View attachment 1544546

TIP: Before you start check the weather for the NEXT day so the belts will be able to dry completely before you let them retract back. I pulled them up onto my roofrack and let them sit there in the sun for a few hours after rinsing.

That's a good idea using the bungee cord. I had my girlfriend hold them by the buckle as I pressure washed them. She wasn't too happy about that, but got a good laugh after it was all done.

View attachment 1544632 Installed new Tough Dog shocks all the way around.... And I did NOT cut holes! 45mm adjustables in rear, and 41s up front.
Thanks @reevesci! Maiden voyage tomorrow, will report back.
First hwy ride impressions: wow! night and day difference from the OESpectra shocks that came w the rig. I dialed the rears to 7 for highway and it handled beautifully. I have some weight in the back and the ride was perfect. Nice quick rebound, but not harsh. No longer is the truck floaty, soft and splashy on the dips. At 180k, it feels almost like a new ride on the road. Can't wait to test the trails next.

First hwy ride impressions: wow! night and day difference from the OESpectra shocks that came w the rig. I dialed the rears to 7 for highway and it handled beautifully. I have some weight in the back and the ride was perfect. Nice quick rebound, but not harsh. No longer is the truck floaty, soft and splashy on the dips. At 180k, it feels almost like a new ride on the road. Can't wait to test the trails next.

All I can say is when the "MAN" says these shocks are AWESOME and goes on about the technical/performance aspects and the "WOMAN" loves the ride of a lift and heavy cruiser... Enough said for me.

Glad you enjoyed the highway ride. NOW go find a washboard road, turn them down to 3-4 and run 35-55 mph.... I think you'll have the same reply afterwards.

J

All I can say is when the "MAN" says these shocks are AWESOME and goes on about the technical/performance aspects and the "WOMAN" loves the ride of a lift and heavy cruiser... Enough said for me.

Glad you enjoyed the highway ride. NOW go find a washboard road, turn them down to 3-4 and run 35-55 mph.... I think you'll have the same reply afterwards.

J
J, I couldn't have said it better. Bombing run in woods scheduled for this weekend.

Installed the Morimoto 2-Stroke LEDs from the RetroFitSource in my high-beams - so far, I'm quite pleased with the output and happy to report they work fine as DRLs (lower output, no flickering).

I've got a list of stuff to do and parts to install but no time! I ordered some Firestone Destination MTs today. I'm excited to get some new shoes on the LX in a week or so! Plus, I get to go from 16s to 18s. I'll post up some pics when they get mounted up

Replaced cigarette lighter socket with HDMI and USB port for my Aloine ILX-207
About to do the same.
IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2124.JPG

Popped on a set of Bora spacers...

image.jpg

It was a couple of weeks ago, but nonetheless I had a Borla Pro XS muffler (p/n: 40358) installed and got seated next to an 80 friend...
F2WN4SbMSaFSdR6B18-V4lA2AMbkUhIc3SuPLrNd4M7BNB_X-jTVLTd3GR0FcIQmWwE1MEKJypDGJJFtPzd2aFFWUoTXSkRbMcjtJ3BOYAKoE1SMbi82crnASQhPkcSqNnfKulX6ZxWtFpZsoolIeuOp2fnkYM9PkMQpNdiv4sv0G90Cops__q6qQ3_YMzHGyiRp3pmYCcfBzkjDKqCfc9i1tp--PNqEF3EO-kFoKLE3XY70Tm69ey17HCd2-s-u1QJMjMYH50u0fxOiU2pDR1IOmphXo2IhXLxWyUeeROhPcBe-W2-Qo64aeMn9LQh39KfJRQLRK-ofP2AMvQ-_0AyStFDwyEh9QaQ-zqNzgapNKgPbDbAFCo-UFdjC91JD_FQDNsOUpLIbD5lbxXnqDn7FzTAyGXzTmG89gBLHtwsunFzaH0S6CrDnmP36jOK4XoogxpcSAsJb7ro5f6lwxAkuTPl9I_OcXDOX1fjTlHHBgTZ7PEIzYmjyLtfZZDKUwQUVkF235i665vm8L1HJXoZW7dqFbfYBqufJsfAuKfotdL4XCo4QESzx-OTCjChWYyRUw-TKrHps8k4E_tNRdRjX3h1nM2EQsq5E=w1759-h989-no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom