What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally finished the swap from OEM nav to aftermarket stereo with turn knob climate control. Thanks Redjet for supplying me with the wiring diagrams. It was a big puzzle though but once you start there is no way back.

only thing I have doubts about wich I realized after the install are the Celsius controls versus Fahrenheight...dutch guy driving a US Landcruiser...:)

IMG_20160328_170605597_zpsv5cklj9c.jpg

IMG_20160327_192211533_zpsotql8ebz.jpg

IMG_20160328_204946943_zpsf5i8drux.jpg

Last edited:
Finally finished the swap from OEM nav to aftermarket stereo with turn knob climate control. Thanks Redjet for supplying me with the wiring diagrams. It was a big puzzle though but once you start there is no way back.

only thing I have doubts about wich I realized after the install are the Celsius controls versus Fahrenheight...dutch guy driving a US Landcruiser...:)

Wow! Have to say good job! Many have asked about doing this but this is the first I at least have seen it actually done! Kudos and Lekker!

IMG_20160328_170605597_zpsv5cklj9c.jpg

IMG_20160327_192211533_zpsotql8ebz.jpg

IMG_20160328_204946943_zpsf5i8drux.jpg
Wow. Was it just wiring or did you have to change any parts other than the nav and new knobs?

Got my Dissent bumper back from PC, got some time over the weekend to mount the winch ( ComeUp Seal Gen2 12.5RS) in the center section,
IMG_0936.JPG

after a fair bit of playing around with where to route the wires, I found a suitable location for the control box behind the grill with out extending wires, rigged that up, then finished the bumper mounting. I'm happy with the overall result.

IMG_0946.JPG

I am estimating the net weight add on the front end was about +150lbs+/- with winch, wires/control box & bumper (no second battery). Result was losing a little suspension height (about 1/2" at first measurement), but I'm still on stock TB's. The ride quality definitely changed a little, the cush is gone as the preload has been soaked up with the added weight. Decided to order the Ironman TB's & rear springs to finish off the suspension build (already put the foam cell pros on a couple of weeks ago). Building up the suspension incrementally has helped me to feel how each mod affected the handling and ride.

IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG

BTW- the big red crane hook is going away, to be replaced by a Factor55 Flat Link.

@RobRed still running front runner roof rack? Got wind noise down?

Still there. I had hoped I could melt it and destroy it by now but finding a suitable replacement has been a challenge. The 4x4 industry is so flaky sometimes.

So the wind noise isn't really the issue... it was the FR wind deflector being terrible by deflecting air flow directly in the sunroof. I've experimented with a few plexi solutions ala Yakima style.

The noise issue is the flex of the rack when off road. The groans and squeaks it makes are unbearable. I should have known better than to use a rack that you have to "assemble". Even without the tent or other load it still groans a bit... but whats the point of a $1200 rack if not to carry the tent or other load. Welded construction seems like a better solution.

Picked mine up from ACC Garage in Atl Friday after having them install a Slee diff drop to go with my raised up TB's . They repacked my Cv boots and installed a Slee AHC override switch!! :grinpimp:

Installed my seat mounted tablet holder.

12936532_1675881669346059_3341033701229667254_n.jpg

12933069_1675881656012727_8517437819502520233_n.jpg
Is that a RAM mount? If so which one? I really like how that one bolts on to the seat rails and I would be interested in purchasing one as well.

where did you get these?

Marks4wd.com. They came from Australia. I can't remember what they cost in USD, the USD was stronger when I bought them though. Duiser has some online cheaper but they wouldn't return my call or email and some people have experienced difficulty in receiving items from them.

Installed and tested out my Air Ride 1000's
Mounted the stems under the bumper figuring the trailer hitch would get hit first. She is pretty much beach / sand , boat and camping trailer at this time. If I do some harder off roading I will probably move these. I went without the T and have a separate stem on both sides.
Air Inflator.jpg

This is at 25 lbs

Air Ride 1000.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom