Roadsafe Front Recovery Bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I wanted some heavier duty front recovery points. The stock points don't look terrible, but they're too small for a 3/4" shackle. I ordered a set of the Roadsafe brackets from Mark's 4wd in Australia. They looked pretty substantial and have a 5000kg rating. The US dollar is really strong against the Australian dollar right now, so even after paying for 2-4 day courier service, they still only ran me ~$135 for the pair. They showed up yesterday (4 business days) and they looked really nice. Much more substantial than the stock points.

They also came with 4x grade 12.9 bolts for a 100 (14 x 1.5) , along with another 4 for an 80-series (12 x 1.25).

1BZUzk4l.jpg

YOGHrLdl.jpg

Before:
shDguzwl.jpg

*Edited to update with installation*

I originally had some problems getting the brackets to fit inside the "box" of the ARB bumper as pictured above. I went back outside after it had warmed up a little and gave it another try (I saw a youtube video with somebody else using the same bumper/recover point combo).

Sure enough, I was able to get them on. It's very, very tight with the ARB bumper, but they just barely fit.

I'm very pleased to have some "real" recovery points on the front of my 100-series now.

Last edited:
Do you have the part number to this item?

I'm planning on ordering them too.

This one? MKF20126?

The part number on the bracket showed
RPPATO4l which was closer related to the Nissan patrol.

image.jpeg

Thanks Texas!

I've been looking for a bracket/recovery point system for my ARB as all should know that own one there are no true recovery points on it.

Looks like a tight fit. You mentioned "warmed up" to fit inside. Did you have to heat up the bracket or just used good ol brute force aka the sledge?

This one? MKF20126?

The part number on the bracket showed
RPPATO4l which was closer related to the Nissan patrol.

That's it. It apparently is the same bracket for the 80/100/105 and the Nissan Patrol.

Thanks Texas!

I've been looking for a bracket/recovery point system for my ARB as all should know that own one there are no true recovery points on it.

Looks like a tight fit. You mentioned "warmed up" to fit inside. Did you have to heat up the bracket or just used good ol brute force aka the sledge?

I didn't end up having to heat the bracket or hit it with sledge. It was just very, very snug. I suspect that there's a little bit of variance between both the brackets and the arb bumper and mine was just one the tight side of that intersection.

It's showing me almost $200 shipped to me in California. Is there a way to select a different shipping option than they provide?

Not that I know of. But are you sure that's not $200 Aus shipped? I think that's about what I paid. That should be less than $150 with the current exchange rate.

Not that I know of. But are you sure that's not $200 Aus shipped? I think that's about what I paid. That should be less than $150 with the current exchange rate.

It could very well be now that you say that. I've never ordered anything from out of country except for on Ebay. I assumed since it asked my state and zip for shipping, it re-calculated to good ol $'s, but we all know what assume really means.

It's showing me almost $200 shipped to me in California. Is there a way to select a different shipping option than they provide?
U want to see if we can save on shipping. I'm in the Bay Area and would be able to save us $50 in shipping charges for 2. $5.00 priority box from usps would ship to your house.

see if you can do a group buy !

Those look pretty stout. But, clarify something for me - ARB bumpers don't have a recovery point?

Those look pretty stout. But, clarify something for me - ARB bumpers don't have a recovery point?

They don't. I believe I saw somewhere that it was due to some pedestrian impact restrictions in Australia. I had heard they were going to be making some with recovery points specifically for the mining industry for off road use only.

I checked those out and the shipping is around $75 for a total of $200 U.S. dollars for the pair. I am interested but not at that price.

I checked those out and the shipping is around $75 for a total of $200 U.S. dollars for the pair. I am interested but not at that price.
Its in Aussie price like Texas mentioned earlier. Shipped would be $150 but hopefully we can do a combined shipping.

Nice, I ordered a set a month ago. I priced buying more boxes to save on shipping on their site, but it wasn't huge savings. Maybe they can work a better deal over the phone.

Those are the beef! I like 'em!

So I wanted some heavier duty front recovery points. The stock points don't look terrible, but they're too small for a 3/4" shackle.

YOGHrLdl.jpg

I had a friend looking for something similar so I enlarged the stock hole to fit a 3/4" shackle and welded a 3/16" plate on the inside that had the same enlarged hole. I wish I had taken a photo but the end result was pretty stout and only ended up costing about $10-$15 and some time.

Just an idea for the DIY folks if they're looking to save some $$$.

Its in Aussie price like Texas mentioned earlier. Shipped would be $150 but hopefully we can do a combined shipping.

I hope you are right about that but when I checked the website I clicked on the US currency conversion link and it converted the price and put US$ by the product price - which was lower than the listed Aussie dollar price, the shipping price and the total. So I think it is fair to say their website indicates a total price around $200 US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom