What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (135 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took it to the dealer for a free pre-epic snowstorm wash. They had a new LX570 if I could justify $91k for a vehicle it sure would be a nice one.

It was not this week, more like last month, but I helped my daughter buy a new 2016 Tacoma Access Cab Off Road truck, so I will always have someone to go off road with
3f62ebbc-619b-43a0-a94a-c1a3b76cca69_zpsvhcelnm4.jpg

Last edited:
Finished the exterior trim stripe painting. Bottom pic is a halfway pic showing the difference.

Used a Duplicolor Arizona Beige color. Pretty close to the UCA46 light grayish beige color.

CA_11151508271240-XL.jpg

CA_11151508270117-XL.jpg

CA_11071516362580-XL.jpg

I was missing some smalls, so ordered those up. Historically, I tend to procrastinate and wait to buy/do things in order to sell something. And I always say why didn't I do that sooner.

So I put on a hub cap, snapped on the rear PS cargo door and replaced the rear drink holder in the console since my cover was broken.

IMG_7373.JPG

Where did you find the rear cupholder? I need one of those!

I bought that same exact rear cubby cover when I first bought my truck :)

Where did you find the rear cupholder? I need one of those!

I bought that same exact rear cubby cover when I first bought my truck :)

I got them from @beno

This was my problem. The gray cover was busted and you cannot get just the cover. It was a little tricky to remove and I removed much more than needed since I had never taken one apart before and didn't want to break it.

To RnR it, you pull the cupholder out. There is 1 very small screw on a metal plate on each side that you remove. Then push in on the arms that are on the cupholder itself, the inner ones. I used a long flat screwdriver to push it out where the two pieces meet (it's where the metal plate is if that makes sense). One of them will come undone then you can just remove the other side. Install is the reverse. I then asked my kids not to kick it :)

IMG_7237.JPG

Last edited:
I then asked my kids not to kick it :)

Ha ha ha Been asking the kids that for years...... I should probably buy a spare.

Ditto. If only there was an easier "fix" than taping it, I'd be all over it.

Cleaned and polished all the glass, removing hard water spots/stains.

Used polishing compound and elbow grease...

I then asked my kids not to kick it :)

Ha ha ha Been asking the kids that for years...... I should probably buy a spare.
Ours was damaged when we bought the Hundy recently. One of the plastic screw points was broken and the face plate was hanging off. Clearly the PO's kid or passenger had stepped on it. I found the part to replace the whole thing, but at $80ish I figured I'd try some gorilla glue first. It's holding up but it appears one of the "drawer slides" is busted too. My kids are in boosters for a few more years so the floor cup holder is useless anyway. I need a cup holder solution up by the armrest.

Sent from my iPhone

just fyi, don't wait too long if you need these or any interior part. Mr T is already discontinuing 100 parts. Tan goes first, then gray, then black.

what's wrong with the cupholders in the front? I wish it was a little deeper as my 20 oz coffee mug tips while cornering. if someone knows a solution for that, I'd like to hear.

Replaced my rear sway bar bushings, swapped out my rear diff fluid, and replaced the inner axle boot on the passenger side.

Threw on some depo clears, front looks way better now.

Put on depo clears. Front looks so much better.

image.png

Replaced my driver side front lock actuator. Previously, the only way to lock the door was with the key in the cylinder. Now the alarm works and I can lock/unlock with the fob.

Also received a set of valve cover gaskets in the mail today and will tackle that either tomorrow or sometime this week to cure the burning oil smell/leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom