What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (100 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed the rear driveshaft so I have 4WD again. Then took my son fishing. Went further in then we've gone before. About 5 miles deeper than we went last time when the DNR officer and his Jeep didn't want to go. Caught some smallies, large mouth, long eared panfish, walleyes, and pike.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1445120749.306254.jpg

Truly a peaceful and beautiful time.

The cruisers been down for a few weeks, new injectors, cleaned and painted the Intake chamber, totally cleaned the throttle body(port p was plugged), and installed new radiator. Just took it on a test drive
20151015_175309.jpg

Christmas came early this weekend!
View attachment 1148626
Will be great to retire those old saggy springs and shocks. Now I just need to figure out how to put them on! Between the FSM, Slee write up, and you guys of course....I should have all the info to at least attempt it!

Jen you could be the model for OME ;)

Great choice, Thats what im running on my 80 and luv it, drives way better than stock

Why am I still having a hard time believing this isn't the boyfriend just trying to get all of his questions answered first and by everyone? And that Jen has no idea all her gorgeous pics are ending up on some Land Cruiser forum. Ha!

Great job Jen you will love the new suspension, I feel like it even drives better on the road with the OME than the old floppy springs.

Bro, someone already put a ring on it, or maybe she put it on for this particular picture to deceive you fellas.

Went wheelin in the Gost with a friend. He busted a shock 400' from the start of the trail:( Great day after all!

Is that the Ghost River area Fly? You got your winch installed in the new bumper, nice! Man, the stance on your rig makes me want to go back to 33's.

Heh... I got mine stuck. Was following a buddy in my old 4runner... every mud hole we hit, he floored it thru. The 2nd to last one he mentioned that he thought he sucked some water, cuz it was coughing and sputtering... I warned him that hydrolocking an engine could be destructive... he disregarded, and hammered thru the last mud hole.

He made it, but as usual... I went in slow & steady, right thru the middle, where all the ruts from ford and chevy's with 48" tires had been stuck, got in, and started sinking, locked her up, and made it another 20', was almost to the end when she got hung high centered.... that was it. had to let her sit in the hole over night, as my buddy's 4runner wouldnt even budge it.

Came back with a 2500 silverado... still no budge, got a friend that has an old school german 20 ton come along... it got me out, but it struggled.

Thru this process, we managed to pull my brush guard off (I wanted it off anyway) and my front bumper (not entirely sure how that happened, must been same time as brush guard). WHY THE HELL didnt toyota put tow hooks on the front? all the 4runners I ever owned had 2 hooks in the front, and 2 in the rear.... NO HOOKS ON THE LC????

Anyway... she's home, and awaiting my loving hands in the morning :D

ETA: When my bud sends me the pic, I'll post it up...

Keep in mind... I have bologna skin tires :D

Power wash underside
Spray on cleaner
Power wash underside
Spray on salt remover
Power wash underside
Spray on rust converter
Power wash underside

Wait a week

Spray on wax
Spray Formula 3000 into the inside of the frame, rockers, body cavities around front and rear fenders.

It was a huge amount of work

Heh... I got mine stuck. Was following a buddy in my old 4runner... every mud hole we hit, he floored it thru. The 2nd to last one he mentioned that he thought he sucked some water, cuz it was coughing and sputtering... I warned him that hydrolocking an engine could be destructive... he disregarded, and hammered thru the last mud hole.

He made it, but as usual... I went in slow & steady, right thru the middle, where all the ruts from ford and chevy's with 48" tires had been stuck, got in, and started sinking, locked her up, and made it another 20', was almost to the end when she got hung high centered.... that was it. had to let her sit in the hole over night, as my buddy's 4runner wouldnt even budge it.

Came back with a 2500 silverado... still no budge, got a friend that has an old school german 20 ton come along... it got me out, but it struggled.

Thru this process, we managed to pull my brush guard off (I wanted it off anyway) and my front bumper (not entirely sure how that happened, must been same time as brush guard). WHY THE HELL didnt toyota put tow hooks on the front? all the 4runners I ever owned had 2 hooks in the front, and 2 in the rear.... NO HOOKS ON THE LC????

Anyway... she's home, and awaiting my loving hands in the morning :D

ETA: When my bud sends me the pic, I'll post it up...

Keep in mind... I have bologna skin tires :D
FWIW I'm fairly sure when I bought my truck it had two front tow hooks. Yours may have been removed.

snip.... WHY THE HELL didnt toyota put tow hooks on the front? all the 4runners I ever owned had 2 hooks in the front, and 2 in the rear.... NO HOOKS ON THE LC????/snip

Uh they do. Sorry yours were removed or something.

Finally after a year I got my cobra 18 installed in the dash under my JVC radio. Kind of a pain in the arse. In the process I accidentally blew the 10 amp acc fuse for the radio and clock. Does anyone know if you blow that 10 amp fuse can it reset the ECU? My truck is acting like I disconnected the battery. The rpms are off.
Message_1445118222581.jpg

Why am I still having a hard time believing this isn't the boyfriend just trying to get all of his questions answered first and by everyone? And that Jen has no idea all her gorgeous pics are ending up on some Land Cruiser forum. Ha!

Great job Jen you will love the new suspension, I feel like it even drives better on the road with the OME than the old floppy springs.
Sorry scottryana, no boyfriend....I'm married going on 10 years! My husband Mike isn't a LC fanatic yet....but he's starting to come around. If you prefer, I can just post pics of him in my posts...he's very handsome!

Hmmm that sounds like something Mike would say. :p

Keep up the good work Jen glad to have you here. Hopefully you know I am just teasing.

And no Mike we don't want pictures of you! lol

Sorry scottryana, no boyfriend....I'm married going on 10 years! My husband Mike isn't a LC fanatic yet....but he's starting to come around. If you prefer, I can just post pics of him in my posts...he's very handsome!

On behalf of everyone on MUD... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Finally after a year I got my cobra 18 installed in the dash under my JVC radio. Kind of a pain in the arse. In the process I accidentally blew the 10 amp acc fuse for the radio and clock. Does anyone know if you blow that 10 amp fuse can it reset the ECU? My truck is acting like I disconnected the battery. The rpms are off.
View attachment 1148748
WAG you didn't disconnect your battery while screwing with the electronics system.

WAG you didn't disconnect your battery while screwing with the electronics system.
No I didn't. I had left it connected to make sure I had power to both the radio and stereo when I was hooking everything up. Is that bad?

No I didn't. I had left it connected to make sure I had power to both the radio and stereo when I was hooking everything up. Is that bad?
Poor practice that is all.

It can lead to blown 10 Amp ACC fuses... :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom