What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (97 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0881.jpeg
IMG_0882.jpeg
IMG_0883.jpeg
IMG_0889.jpeg
Pics?? 🧐

Those are some awfully shiny rock rings. Do you even wheel your truck?
that's the "new" wheel...
It's got some curb rash from the mall parking lot

You might want to change that heater control valve or at least keep an eye on it....it looks like it's on its last leg.
Have the parts to do that and rear heater bypass sitting in my garage. Plan to do it soon, although I’m considering not doing the bypass as my rear heater lines don’t look bad.

@Dirty Koala @Outsane so great to meet you and stuff ya full of Texas BBQ. Come back soon, y’all!

The only 80 related thing I did last weekend was slap a Valley Hybrids sticker on my 80…first sticker on the whole truck.

IMG_3717.jpeg

Have the parts to do that and rear heater bypass sitting in my garage. Plan to do it soon, although I’m considering not doing the bypass as my rear heater lines don’t look bad.
If I were you I wouldn't do the bypass...that's just some trendy BS. Keep it the way it's supposed to be. Looks like you are in Houston? I am sure you don't need the rear heater that much and it's not rusty but there are times when you will need it if you travel to colder places and like you said, if it's still looking good there's no reason to do it.

Looks great! Do they dim? Have a link the the lights you used?
Yes, they dim off of the dimmer as they should. I did a search and came up with a thread from here for them, but can't remember what the thread was. I used the same ones he did. One thing to note, and I think he may have mentioned it, is that the bulb and base are separate pieces, and need to go in a certain way. I put them in, and had no LEDs. Pulled the cluster and spun the bulbs, and then they worked great. Also, the cluster will not light up without the dimmer plugged in....was taking my time, all in all it took about 2 hours start to finish, including the CDL switch. I like them enough, I ordered a set of white bulbs for my LX also.

Yes, they dim off of the dimmer as they should. I did a search and came up with a thread from here for them, but can't remember what the thread was. I used the same ones he did. One thing to note, and I think he may have mentioned it, is that the bulb and base are separate pieces, and need to go in a certain way. I put them in, and had no LEDs. Pulled the cluster and spun the bulbs, and then they worked great. Also, the cluster will not light up without the dimmer plugged in....was taking my time, all in all it took about 2 hours start to finish, including the CDL switch. I like them enough, I ordered a set of white bulbs for my LX also.

cool...thanks for the info. 😁

Finally (an exhaust shop) did my exhaust. CAT delete. Full stainless 2.5” from the O2 sensors to the back! One silencer, no silencer at the back. Really happy with the sound. Also the engine feels more “free” than before!
How's the smell from exhaust?

IMG_2902.jpeg

My daughter took ours to Summersville, WV last week with a friend and a film crew to document the pair as they tick off some of the more difficult climbs in the US. The Landcruiser became the silent backdrop to the filming as the film crew fell in love with it and used it as a setting for some of the Q&A.

She came back noting the Land Cruiser was a center of conversation everywhere they went during the week. In time it will be moving out to Colorado with her.

Photo: Sunset Summersville Lake, WV - Coliseum Area

If I were you I wouldn't do the bypass...that's just some trendy BS. Keep it the way it's supposed to be. Looks like you are in Houston? I am sure you don't need the rear heater that much and it's not rusty but there are times when you will need it if you travel to colder places and like you said, if it's still looking good there's no reason to do it.

Meh, I disagree. I just did some winter camping this weekend in 17 degrees at 12,000 feet and the rear heater wasn’t missed. I did the bypass and pulled the heater from under the seat and plugged the hole.

Cruiser had zero issues warming up or staying warm and no complaints from my kid in the back seat.

YMMV but the rear heater even in those temps wasn’t worth the hassle of the replacing the lines underneath or ever having to worry about them again.

IMG_8261.jpeg

I added @Outsane hood risers, not sure how much it will displace some under hood heat but thought it cant hurt. Also installed Stedi Type-X-Pro lights and put the switch in the hand throttle location for now. Impressed so far.

IMG_2116.jpeg

IMG_2121.jpeg

IMG_2129.jpeg

IMG_2162.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom