What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Head Steering
This is next on my list. Did you do the upgrade version to the 105 sector shaft of straight replacement?

I’m leaning towards the straight swap.

This is next on my list. Did you do the upgrade version to the 105 sector shaft of straight replacement?

I’m leaning towards the straight swap.

I did not. In hindsight I should have. But we only had a day to bang all this out and it just didn’t make it on the to do list.

Haha, I drove it into a rock.
20240311_105433.jpg

I was creeping down the trail looking at a map instead of the trail. Goodthing I was only going turtle speed 🤣 I still had to use the front locker to back up.

Other than that I used it to get where I wanted to hike.
20240311_150237.jpg

Cruiser always looks good from a distance.

20240311_112204.jpg

America!!!

20240311_103153.jpg

20240311_135915.jpg

It's been an interesting year or so out there,,, Luckily, I have no real plan whatsoever. :lol:
Trying to figure out how to fit my snowboards onto the old Baja Rack. Sideways, I guess. Not ideal, but a couple heater hose spacers, easy peasy. Resort board + splitboard. Poles, skins, etc…

Crawled under it to adjust the shifter linkage. Adjusted and adjusted, but couldn’t get it to light up the L light or hold 1st gear while in 4LO. So I read somewhere about the NSS box being adjusted and it fixing the problem of no L light and not holding first. I clocked it like 1° and it fixed the light and the ability to hold 1st gear in 4LO. My mom sat in the driver’s seat and watched the dash and shifted gears while I adjusted. It would have been a pain to do solo.

Replaced my shocks with OEM Tokico and added 30mm spring spacers all around.

Replaced my license plate lights.

Took the bull bar and bumper off so I could try my hand at bodywork. Needed to straighten a dented panel so my driver’s side corner marker light would fit. While I had the bumper off, I straightened out the entire lower valance under the grill and made it look waaay better. Used a special tool to pull the panels back in shape.

IMG_4564.jpeg
IMG_4565.jpeg
IMG_4566.jpeg
IMG_4568.jpeg

Last edited:
More pics of body work.

IMG_4570.jpeg
IMG_4571.jpeg
IMG_4574.jpeg
IMG_4573.jpeg

I don’t love the clear corners, but it’s impossible to find the amber ones.

What are those tires?
Thunderer Trac Grip MT, 285/75R16. There are a couple other manufacturers who make the same one under a different name. They are good tires for $179/tire.

So it tells you what your gauge cluster already does.
Sure....you can say that.

It's equivalent to OBD Fusion for us with OBD1 rigs. And it reads check engine codes. 😉

If it tells you an accurate ect then it's worth it. The temp on the gauge cluster just tells you when you've already overheated.

Last edited:
Got my hydro assist all buttoned up this weekend. Just in time for some warmer weather so I can knock out my 3 link. Coilovers may have to wait a couple weeks to get good weather again, but it's progress from where it was when I first bought it

IMG_6572.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom