What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

15 1/2yo first driving roadtrip to No Man’s Land OK/NM/CO
IMG_2742.jpeg
IMG_2740.jpeg
IMG_2707.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg

All,
the thread chaser worked really well. Not perfect but it will do. Made some turns in, backed it out, made some turns in, backed it out. Whenever I felt resistance, I backed off. I used plenty of oil and took my time. My test (and temporary) bolt fit and locked up tight. There is some damage to the threads towards the front but the damage doesn’t extend very far inwards. Even the left side bolt used for measurements and testing as well, locked up tight. Final picture is the shock mounted and the bolt torqued to 51 ft/lbs per the FSM.
A big thank you to those whom have been following and provided advise and help. This is great community and you are what make it even better.
All that’s left to do is torque up the rest of the rear suspension bolts and nuts per the FSM to be complete tomorrow. There is also a fuel filter change that I want to do tomorrow as well. It is still weekend after all. Happy New Year!

View attachment 3521190

View attachment 3521191

View attachment 3521192

View attachment 3521193
Now it's time to save up for your blown head gasket..haha..JOKING!! Happy New Year

Got this on Amazon for $150, includes external mic and backup cam. I haven’t upgraded the speakers yet but it sounds so much better. Install was easy just don’t forget to unplug the factory amp behind the glove box, if you plug into the two grey connectors. I’ll miss the tape deck…

IMG_4599.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

IMG_4587.jpeg

Just inching closer and closer. Put on the snorkel because there is a little more trimming that the has.
20231229_121251.jpg
20231229_121308.jpg

I fly over Holister all the time for work on the arrival for SJC. If this is the park I see, yes, I would like to go there someday. Kind of a drive for me though. lol.
Spare 80 in San Jose for when you fly in?

Spare 80 in San Jose for when you fly in?
Haha, man I wish. When at work, I never have enough time anyway, just overnight and back out. I always pray for enough time for Original Joes though. Love that place. Holister is pinned on google maps, I will make it out there someday, either vacation or retirement.

Another year, another leak!

1. Sunroof, yup that leaks. Taped it closed from the outside. ($&@& sunroofs)
2. DS passenger door gasket, yep that also leaks. Added some additional sticky backed neoprene around the door frame to divert water. Ordered new gaskets.
3. Rear cargo door gasket, yep that leaked too. Removed it. Cleaned about 16,000 grains of sand and mud from the frame and around the inner press for seal of the gasket. Seems to now hold back the water now.

Tests with a hose. Now waiting for mama nature to test again

IMG_9545.png

I haven't posted but been getting things done.
Warn 10k winch
Delta rear panhard bracket and front sway bar drops
30mm spacer in the front
Horns weren't working so I added a set of Hella horns
New inner and outer window felts plus the rear quarter, pulled the hacked up speaker installs and cleaned up a lot of dirt and muck.
Cleaned the fuel sender parts, Gas gauge works now but seems pretty slow to react, replaced the filter and tank seal while I was in there.
My oil leak(s) is coming from the front of the engine, I haven't pinpointed it but went ahead and ordered the wits end kit to do the oil pump seal and dist. seal.
EBC solid rotors and yellows for the rear along with the Dobinson's bracket, brakes feel much better but still not tons of confidence with them, New lines and a flush will need to be done sooner than later.
Started to do the drop down brackets for the radius arms, I'm having a hell of a time getting the holes lined up so I can get the bolts reinstalled, it says to do one side at a time but I don't see how that is possible, I think Ill have to take the other side apart to rotate the axle. My knee went out while I was working on this so the Cruiser sits undriveable with many loose bolts.
White Knuckle sliders arrived and are taunting me because I cant put them on yet, stupid knee, F getting old :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom