What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (91 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know EXACTLY what youre saying about the flat shoe thing!!! Im also 6'5", but you have about 50# on me. I put a set of '00 4Runner seats in mine. Took some time/work to get them to fit, but are a huge improvment from the stock 450 seats in height and legroom. I did lose quite a bit of rear seat legroom though....
Let's do a height/weight rollcall real quick

6' 185#

Holler if you hear me

Ready to seek out more happy little trees.

387531091_654115683216163_2078698779972782030_n.jpg

I finally got around to installing my 17” Derale cooler for the power steering...just in time for the hot weather here in nor cal

I bought the derale 17”cooler and pieced it all together...I used rustoleum professional gloss black on cooler for easy touch up, 3/8’s trans hose with push lock fittings..

first pic is paper clip OEM cooler on top for comparison ....

View attachment 2663723View attachment 2663724View attachment 2663725View attachment 2663726View attachment 2663727
Sorry I know it’s old but how did you mount it to the frame? Existing holes or drill new holes? Thanks

Sorry I know it’s old but how did you mount it to the frame? Existing holes or drill new holes? Thanks
Looks like the wits end kit. If I recall it requires drilling and tapping.

Ok thanks
No problem. Being the wits end kit you can probably find plenty of more detailed write ups. There might even be info on his website still.

Let's do a height/weight rollcall real quick

6' 185#

Holler if you hear me
6' 1" over here and 165-170 depending on how good I am with meal prep and the gym.. haha but I fit way better in an 80 than I did in my 3rd gen Tacoma

Meanwhile I'm over here dailying a 77 Datsun and I'm comfy
I fit great in my 91 BMW E30 with race seats and my 97 M3 with stock vaders. Every now and then I run into cars like my Tacoma that just don't make sense, they should be big enough but somehow i don't have enough leg room and my head almost touches the ceiling

drilled and tapped so i can just bolt it in..

Looks like the wits end kit. If I recall it requires drilling and tapping.
its not i put it together myself..witsend had stupid delays like he always does

Gotcha. Looks like you duplicated it though.
Quick pic of mine that I duped from Witt's list (his kit was out at the time), easy drill and nut-sert for the 4 mounting bolts. Biggest PITA for me was getting the paperclip out without destroying it....still had to do some heavy bending.

Definitely worth the upgrade....I get a lot less growl and hard steering when crawling now. :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom