What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 96 that @Rouleur built over the last few months was delivered today.

First order of business, peppermint/spearmint oil mixed with isopropyl alcohol sprayed on all the fiberglass insulation under the hood.

The field mice and chipmunks like tearing into the stuff to make nests out of.

View attachment 3403140

Is that an awesome looking engine?
Thank you @Alpine4X4 for hanging in there with me!
I think you can say you have a Grand Slam 2 white and a black 80 in your quiver.

@Rouleur you restoring rigs and selling? Good for you!! 😘
No sir. I'll leave that to you. This was a truck I was going to do for myself because that's what I enjoy doing. My buddy @Alpine4X4 decided that he wanted it. I went in my pocket for at least 5k to complete the project and feel good about the work that I performed. This is the last 1FZ-FE I will ever do. That's a 15k engine and ATFSpeed transmission, which probably shifts too hard, but it's in there and it's solid. Complete new suspension +++ :rolleyes: I'm not the guy some call Moonlight Shadow who sprays the center caps, blows out the interior with a leaf blower, and marks it up 20k.
No need to feel threatened I have a real job designing and building custom kitchens and bathrooms.

Last edited:
No sir. I'll leave that to you. This was a truck I was going to do for myself because that's what I enjoy doing. My buddy @Alpine4X4 decided that he wanted it. I went in my pocket for at least 5k to complete the project and feel good about the work that I performed. This is the last 1FZ-FE I will ever do. That's a 15k engine and ATFSpeed transmission, which probably shifts too hard, but it's in there and it's solid. Complete new suspension +++ :rolleyes: I'm not the guy some call Moonlight Shadow who sprays the center caps, blows out the interior with a leaf blower, and marks it up 20k.
No need to feel threatened I have a real job designing and building custom kitchens and bathrooms.
Threatened hardly! The more people restoring these the better for the Community! Sounds like a solid rig. Sticking to the diesels sounds like?

After the y pipe was welded at least 4 times and never sealing up, I decided to give the hack method a try. This is by far the quietest this exhaust has ever been since it started leaking here; such a great drive in to work this morning! We’ll see how long it lasts (not long I’m guessing) but it should keep me from getting dirty looks until I get a new system put together.
IMG_4475.jpeg
IMG_4473.jpeg
IMG_4477.jpeg
IMG_4479.jpeg

Moonlight Shadow is YOUR boy!

How about you put your skills to the real test and build a custom kitchen and bathroom in the 80

How about you put your skills to the real test and build a custom kitchen and bathroom in the 80
I prefer gearhead stuff. Doing carpentry really isn’t my thing.
I’m not too excited about stuffing a bunch of plywood and crap into the truck.
It reminds me of a Sportsmobile.
I respect and understand why other people do it.
Wrenching on my own is a break from working with picky customers. Doing 80K master baths is challenging enough. LOL!!
B80E3C50-5765-4423-A238-B7AD65FDD259.jpeg

246109FA-98B8-46E1-9543-6D9D84FF20B5.jpeg

Last edited:
I prefer gearhead stuff. Doing carpentry really isn’t my thing.
I’m not too excited about stuffing a bunch of plywood and crap into the truck.
It reminds me of a Sportsmobile.
I respect and understand why other people do it.
Wrenching on my own is a break from working with picky customers. Doing 80K master baths is challenging enough. LOL!!
View attachment 3403742

View attachment 3403747
Oh my granite!

We are expecting close to a 100 year rain in the Coachella Valley this weekend. I may be practicing my deep water crossings and providing rescue services as a side job!

We are expecting close to a 100 year rain in the Coachella Valley this weekend. I may be practicing my deep water crossings and providing rescue services as a side job!
I’ve finally gotten my tires bald enough to get pulled outta the ditch off i70 this winter by @Dubbinchris now you’re telling me I can put my dorkel to use in SoCal?!

Boys we’re gonna need a boba run soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom