What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ole 80 whooped Union springs to Flagpole Knob, Reddish Knob and Bald Mountain Virginia ✅ Definitely recommend this route to anyone. We drove 4 hours to the beginning of Union springs rd so it’s worth driving some distance for. Awesome campsites everywhere with several decently challenging rock obstacles.(not red mud lol) Luckily I have the whole route mapped on Gaia. View attachment 3388179View attachment 3388188
View attachment 3388204

View attachment 3388207

View attachment 3388196
Nice wheels

Members of this website will be happy to know I'm outsourcing my knuckle rebuild. Labor rates are too high at the Steezy household.

A well-known Cruiser shop (that shall remain nameless) in Houston quoted me $2650 for the rebuild. Another shop frequented by other Mud members gave me a much more reasonable quote.

If my driveway weren't 4' wide and covered in black star gravel I'd probably make a run at it this weekend.

In other news: @Rouleur tells me he's ecstatic about the new Land Cruiser and put one on order.

Im wrong all the time, just not when it comes to 1fz fe shortbl
Members of this website will be happy to know I'm outsourcing my knuckle rebuild. Labor rates are too high at the Steezy household.

A well-known Cruiser shop (that shall remain nameless) in Houston quoted me $2650 for the rebuild. Another shop frequented by other Mud members gave me a much more reasonable quote.

If my driveway weren't 4' wide and covered in black star gravel I'd probably make a run at it this weekend.

In other news: @Rouleur tells me he's ecstatic about the new Land Cruiser and put one on order.

You’re funny, my good buddy😂!
I think you’re confused. I’m ecstatic about getting my Ol HDJ80 on the road with some AC and the ball chiller operational.
If I’m going to spend that kind of cake it’ll be a AEV Prospector. And I could've paid cash for one for all that i've spent on Cruiser shenanigans. Only tribe members
can go to our private shop!
😘

Last edited:
Fj80oregon said:

Anybody know what this is?!!!!!

9797.JPG

In the process of swapping out bushings. Used a tractor, More Power Puller, and Hi Lift during the reinstallation of the driver side upper arm. Aligning the hole of the new busing and mount has been a chore, hence the use of the power puller. I fashioned an alignment tool from one of the old bolts but space to use it for the upper mount was too tight. Maybe it will be useful elsewhere.

View attachment 3387596View attachment 3387597View attachment 3387598
Just another use for a power puller, love it

Ordered new light bulbs + marker lights on the weekend; Didn't install until today. Big difference, definitely worth the $$. Unsure what the previous owner had in there. The LED low beams are a huge upgrade and doesn't seem to blind people as pattern looks the same and nobody flashed me on my test drive.View attachment 3391043

View attachment 3391038
People didn’t flash you isn’t the litmus test to the lights not blinding them. Never out these LED bulbs in halogen housings. It’s still blinding people and is illegal is most states.

Interested if you know of anyone doing gear installs in TN. I live in Memphis.
I do not know of any I would trust. Sorry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom