What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup rode motorcycles before efi bikes were a thing.

Im not convinced that revving a cold motor is necessarily a good thing. Not telling you what to do and definitely not sure why you got butt hurt for me expressing my opinion which means literally nothing to you. You be you man. Nobody's here to judge you.

Upon arriving at the lake, i was mesmerised by a herd of 80 series in their natural habitat.
Long have i seen domesticated ones around citys but the wild ones are something else.

I watched in owe as the herd left and wondered how many 80s yearn to be put back in their natural habitat to live, explore and cruise the lands ....

20230113_173918.jpg

Mixed emotions? Ever try and warm up a diesel at 800rpm? Good f***ing luck.
Probably like trying to warm up a 3fe at 800rpm...

Upon arriving at the lake, i was mesmerised by a herd of 80 series in their natural habitat.
Long have i seen domesticated ones around citys but the wild ones are something else.

I watched in owe as the herd left and wondered how many 80s yearn to be put back in their natural habitat to live, explore and cruise the lands ....

View attachment 3220120
#freethe80

Lifted the chopped 80. 4" OME, Slee rear bump stops and front sway bar drops, 37" Treps on Steelies (the steelie are temporary).
20230115_150233.jpg
20230115_163553_HDR.jpg

Or purposeful perhaps?

In the MTB realm we used to put chevron shaped lugs oriented like that on the back. Opposite in the front. More traction but less clean out.

Right rear tire mounted backwards or on the wrong side of the rig? Sorry a little something called attention to detail, thanks to the Navy.
I just put them on how I got them. Maybe when I put the final wheels in I'll correct. . But I'll probably forget.

Good eye though.

Im not convinced that revving a cold motor is necessarily a good thing. Not telling you what to do and definitely not sure why you got butt hurt for me expressing my opinion which means literally nothing to you. You be you man. Nobody's here to judge you.

Revving a cold engine and bringing an engine to a stable 1000-1200 rpm are totally different.

Since you've ridden carb'd bikes you're familiar with fast idle cams on the choke then.

I'm here to judge @Dusten . He used non-Toyota bolts on his truck.

Can I borrow your wife? 😁
Honestly, she's kicked around sticthing on these Loncky steering wheel leathers for some side fun money if there was enough interest. She's doing my brother's currently. She stitches and sells all sorts of stuff on the side apart from her high school teaching job.

Warning. Graphic image. Maybe disturbing to some viewers.

Current plan is to grind and primer. Then in a few weeks get it into a body shop.

0FFAB2FC-8ACF-4726-A7DD-92C55816DA3A.jpeg

Got a great deal on 17" Icons from 4WP during black friday and had bought some '21 jeep rubicon wheels and tires of FB market with 10k miles for only 600 bucks. Sold the wheels for 300 bucks, so all in all not too shabby for fairly new 285 KO2s. The old 31s were Kendra mud tires, holy crap they are loud. It is so quiet now with the KO2s and going from load range E to C, I coast a lot better as well. Curious to see if my MPGs increase.
And a quick wash.

20230115_120455.jpg
20230115_143639.jpg

Fixed my window so that it goes down AND up again.

Also, canceled my lockers and gear order from Xtreme Overland because it was going to take months before they could gets the parts and ordered Eaton lockers, 4.88 gears, and master install kits from East Coast Gear Supply. The parts should be to me within a couple of days.
Lockers are the most effective of the mods you can make for wheeling your rig. I drove mine stock from 97 to 2010 (13 years). I got very good at wheeling without lockers during that time. I added lockers in 2010 and I have never used my winch to get myself unstuck since then. They are almost like magic they work so well but make sure you watch videos about how / why / when to use them.

I can't express how excited I am to finally be able to post in this thread. This weekend, I picked up my long-awaited HDJ81 from the port. After over half a year of looking for the right vehicle, this past weekend it finally all came together. Looking forward to what's next!

Open door picture from pickup day at the port.
scheme4.jpg

Opened tailgate. The truck came with storage, sleeper, and a sink contained in the left drawer. Apparently in Japan if your vehicle is classified as a camper, you get a tax break so many vehicles have similar setups.
scheme3.jpg

Taking the girls on their first beach trip in the cruiser.
scheme2.jpg

Parked on North Shore at Mokulēʻia Beach Park.
scheme1.jpg

Can't wait for next weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom