What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hit a snag in replacing the exhaust. Everything is about an inch too far forward to line up w/ the hanger brackets. If I line it up, there's the same distance gap from the back of the converter flange to the muffler pipe flange. Only way it could be off that I can see is that the front cat is possibly too short. Now I'm suspecting that's why the shop cut the factory brackets and just made it work. The second cat is 11.5" which seems to be the right length. Oh well, why would I expect it to just work LOL.
My magnaflow and bosal system was a direct fit.
What's your down pipe assembly?

Hit a snag in replacing the exhaust. Everything is about an inch too far forward to line up w/ the hanger brackets. If I line it up, there's the same distance gap from the back of the converter flange to the muffler pipe flange. Only way it could be off that I can see is that the front cat is possibly too short. Now I'm suspecting that's why the shop cut the factory brackets and just made it work. The second cat is 11.5" which seems to be the right length. Oh well, why would I expect it to just work LOL.
Bosal cat? That's a common problem with their 1st cat/y-pipe. I had to do some significant modification to mine to get it to line up with the rest of the factory stuff. I was almost a little glad when I bashed it on a rock and had to replace. Some of them fit, some of them are too short and also need the "Y" spread out to meet the manifolds.

Last edited:
Time to redo the crappy wiring I did 13 years ago

7FA3F3A7-872A-4409-B55D-D7CBE6E82C71.jpeg

My bosal (BRE) needed some massaging to the brackets to make them line up right. I used OEM mounting hardware.

Finally got these today (only two in USA I was told) so I might put them on tomorrow. Sunday probably go lookin’ for ‘shrooms.

:steer:
FE08507B-8B0F-44F2-8FA2-A66A751751D2.jpeg

I hope you found more than that.

Perfect! you'd be bummed otherwise. :)

I got my tires balanced at Discount/America's tire. Found out my driver's rear wheel is bent. They did say the fronts as far as balance were okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom