What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

another one in the books, our yearly halloween camping. Day temp was awesome, and we got the kids to do 12miles mountain biking. Night just dipped to 32s but i got a diesel heater to keep everyone comfy enough and dry!

Which diesel heater are you running? Inside the tent? @z531519

Went from 17’s and 35”s back to OEM wheels and 33”s
And painted rear bumper caps. But obviously the grey I picked was way too dark. Oh well I’ll try another lighter. Painted center caps and Toyota sombrero a matching grey.
82F1B0C6-2B04-4044-8767-07F3D8EC4ADC.jpeg
0DFFD26B-FCC8-402A-ACB2-2CDB6C75C5C6.jpeg
F81500C5-8BA7-4D6D-98CB-3100938A75D2.jpeg

Which diesel heater are you running? Inside the tent? @z531519
i just went with the 5kw all-in-one CDH from amazon powered by an Ecoflow 600. I was planning to set up the unit inside the tent (obviously with exhaust venting out) but i didn't the right insulation around the exhaust to exit out of the tent so i just placed it outside. It would have been more efficient with my annex/RTT setup since it retains no heat. However it worked great for the temps, only run it on low majority of time.

+ @Wrencher93 -- no install with this setup... yet. Want to keep it mobile for now as i have two trucks to use this with

Mine was and it rusts like a mofo. It's been on there 4 years and the heat shield on top came off a few weeks ago and then something inside it broke loose a few days before Fall Crawl. It's coming out soon.

Thanks.
I painted my y pipe and 2nd cat in hopes that it would buy me some more time but I have no illusions that it will last forever. Just looking for a few years until I can buy a few more big ticket items for the her.

I saw on Rock auto under specs that the bosal muffler was 5.5". That sound right? I think the oem is closer to 7 or 8

Thanks.
I painted my y pipe and 2nd cat in hopes that it would buy me some more time but I have no illusions that it will last forever. Just looking for a few years until I can buy a few more big ticket items for the her.

I saw on Rock auto under specs that the bosal muffler was 5.5". That sound right? I think the oem is closer to 7 or 8
Yeah I wish I had painted mine first. I bought a full kit from Rockauto at the time. Only recently discovered the exhaust shop decided not to try and unbolt the old exhaust from the factory mounts and just cut it all off. They welded on their own cheapo mounts and chopped the mounting pieces off my new exhaust too. Shady....

I stood staring at my 40th edition, listening over the phone to the collision shop guy telling me, after two months, that he couldn't do the repair (front end damage by tow truck when the tow truck lost it!) because he couldn't find parts, like a headlight cover. My truck has 150k. Toyota shop said they 2 months ago that they could do it in 3 months. Now that I've waited two months for no good reason, should I go ahead and get in the Toytota shop line? I live in Eugene, OR, and there's not much nearby. Any suggestions?

I stood staring at my 40th edition, listening over the phone to the collision shop guy telling me, after two months, that he couldn't do the repair (front end damage by tow truck when the tow truck lost it!) because he couldn't find parts, like a headlight cover. My truck has 150k. Toyota shop said they 2 months ago that they could do it in 3 months. Now that I've waited two months for no good reason, should I go ahead and get in the Toytota shop line? I live in Eugene, OR, and there's not much nearby. Any suggestions?
What exactly is wrong with it? Is it cosmetic damage or is everything on the front end messed up?

Take it to a Toyota shop.

Dude, you had me thinking the whole front end was jacked by your description. That damage, while highly annoying and unnecessary, isn't cause for too much worry IMHO. Order yourself a headlight, take the fender to someone who does body work, have the repair painted, and bill the tow company.
Best place to get headlight replacement? Collision Repair shop said they couldn't find any.

What made you decide to downsize? Like it better?
I think 35”s are the perfect size aesthetically. It looked great. But for reasons beyond me I couldn’t get it to work. The truck wandered all over the road, it drifted to the left, I had vibrations, and the tires rubbed on articulation. I am proof that you cannot, even with a 2.5” lift, throw on 35”s and have no rubbing. Let’s not even get into the loss of power and torque. (Before you all say regear! this is a dd, and I’m not spending $5000 to regear.) So after a year of messing with lifts and other suspension and driveline part$ I gave up and went back to what worked for the last 10 years, 2” lift, stock wheels, and 33”s. Zero issues, and dare I say it drives as smooth as our 100. Ymmv

I haven't had to change a tire on the side of the road in a long time, so I haven't had to give the bottle jack a shot - even though that's my plan should it happen. Just a floor jack in the garage.

Do you guys run it as-is, or do you have one of the adapters like Land Cruiser Phil offers?

Just got mine in the mail. Thanks Phil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom