What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Devil's Backbone you say?
Devil's Backbone.png

I saw this Cruisers broken down on the side of the highway. I put it in reverse and went to offer assistance. I was a little surprised. I looked at the tire that had blown out. He exclaimed how these are the most expensive tires that anyone can buy. I only buy the best. I can’t believe that it blew out on me. He had at least a 2 inch lift and was going at it with a bottle jack. I let him know that it won’t work if you don’t have an extender for it. He had no interest in listening to me, so I departed.

BFG K03

PS, if you’re on Mud!, hopefully you find this. Just because you buy expensive tires, lift, and everything else, doesn’t mean that you won’t have problems. And, by no means are those the most expensive tires you can buy. YMMV IMHO

DB329633-1EBF-4F2B-94BE-98FA098033CE.jpeg
F9A205E8-1E49-4C3D-B19C-2014D7BFB0D4.jpeg

I saw this Cruisers broken down on the side of the highway. I put it in reverse and went to offer assistance. I was a little surprised. I looked at the tire that had blown out. He exclaimed how these are the most expensive tires that anyone can buy. I only buy the best. I can’t believe that it blew out on me. He had at least a 2 inch lift and was going at it with a bottle jack. I let him know that it won’t work if you don’t have an extender for it. He had no interest in listening to me, so I departed.

BFG K03

PS, if you’re on Mud!, hopefully you find this. Just because you buy expensive tires, lift, and everything else, doesn’t mean that you won’t have problems. And, by no means are those the most expensive tires you can buy. YMMV IMHO

View attachment 2812123View attachment 2812124
Did he at least offer you a LaCroix for stopping?

BFG K03

that’s some fancy footwear there, prudence the safety goat would be proud.

Looks like we just picked up that bottle jack, as the box looks like pretty new, and I think he’s got er a bit too close to the curb to be effective At maneuvering that fresh 315 into place let alone getting the buggered ones wheel flange past the drive flange on the rear axle.

Money can buy you just about everything except common sense and hard fought experience ( which seem to go hand in hand)

BFG K03

This is a shame it was a negative interaction. I would have probably talked to much about the cool things about the fj80..

BFG K03

What? Factory bottle jack will work fine. The amount of lift has no effect on the height of the axle from the ground.

BFG K03

Road queens get the Michelin Defenders. No doubt. Breaking expensive stuff is why you buy expensive stuff…

Ya, scratched my head on this one for a sec. Stock bottle jack, 3" lift and 35"s never was an issue to change a tire.
Perhaps if he was parked differently it may have worked. Or, perhaps I’m just wrong. I had a highlift jack that would have made short work out of it though.

I’ve never relied on the bottle jack. I’d feel better if I had the extension pieces for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom