What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (189 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought something today to help with cruiser projects

View attachment 2792553
What is the maximum thickness you can bend with that? I bought one of these that seems to work well with my 20 ton press and pneumatic jack. Works well but, it will not handle larger/thicker jobs.

p21560_6_2.jpg

What is the maximum thickness you can bend with that? I bought one of these that seems to work well with my 20 ton press and pneumatic jack. Works well but, it will not handle larger/thicker jobs.

p21560_6_2.jpg
It says 16 gauge, 0-135 degrees, 24” W capacity. You can bend box’s with this one also.

It will be used for my side business for fabricating aircraft engine cooling baffles. Typically .040 5052 so this will be more than adequate. Great price at $500 Cdn.

Look in the part out section. Mine is floating around somewhere in the garage attic.

The nut doesn't fall too far from the tree.....silly.

I understand, as my kids are grown now, but the stuff they wrecked for me......

My hammerhead 3yr old son found my sunroof visor and tried to seesaw with it i guess. Errrrr! I think i might try and epoxy it. Thoughts? View attachment 2793037
I'd cut a narrow section of aluminum to act as a backer and mix up some JB Weld to slather on the break and the backer-to-plastic areas. Fixed my broken upper door panel plastic that way and it's stronger than ever. It may not be pretty but it will be fixed. :hillbilly:

Another technique is like this one. You use the solvent glue and join the 2 pieces by a thin piece of lexan on each side.

The pics show a crack, stop drilled at each end then a bonded(solvent melt) patch.

image.jpg

image.jpg

You use the solvent glue and join the 2 pieces by a thin piece of lexan on each side.
I've found that the Weld-On product works great with acrylics, but causes crazing with Lexan (polycarbonate).

For Lexan, pure Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride) works best.

PS. Don't inhale this stuff!

No sooner did I give her a bath, and it rained.

66CCD5D0-C9EB-4602-8C16-0D9E87953878.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom