What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got a new replacement grill and the plastic Crome does look terrible vs. the 97 edition. Looked at the front end of the 80 tonight with a head lamp and the front end looks hammered, ugh.Yours looks much improved in the picture. Thinking ALL the fake Crome up front needs to go though. Only place on the 80 that has it so not sure I get why it’s there.

All done, Bumper and Valance paint, new grill, new logo and refinish, new park lamps, DrColorChip home touch up kit for the hood. Very pleased how nice this old thing is turning out.

D97A9A7E-9C41-44A7-ABDD-C875689FF88B.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great! But...white letters on the outside? Interesting choice.
Always been a fan of white out. Apparently this is topic of discussion out there. Bangshift has a thread dedicated to this topic specifically. Out of curiosity I just looked online at pics of some 80s and I would say 80% were the opposite of mine.

Always been a fan of white out. Apparently this is topic of discussion out there. Bangshift has a thread dedicated to this topic specifically. Out of curiosity I just looked online at pics of some 80s and I would say 80% were the opposite of mine.
That would indicate 80% of the 80 owners have better taste than you do.

There’s a lesson there, I’m sure...

If you like the white out, go for it. Boss Hog is just being an :moon:

white out reminds me of the early 90’s. I think my first 94 Toyota pickup on 33’s BFG mud terrains was white out. Lol

white out reminds me of the early 90’s. I think my first 94 Toyota pickup on 33’s BFG mud terrains was white out. Lol
I like the red out :hillbilly:

P&R is gone. You know how it is...

white out reminds me of the early 90’s. I think my first 94 Toyota pickup on 33’s BFG mud terrains was white out.

Thanks man, I'll remain with the 20%.

Installed a new antenna, this was a pain. First, there is no adapter for screwing something into the stock unit. Don’t believe ebay.

It wasn’t that hard to get the stock unit out. Take off the top nut with a needle nose and then there’s a bolt in the engine bay that holds the unit in place.

After that it gets difficult. The antenna cable does not come off the stock antenna easily and you can’t plug it into the new antenna.

You can’t just pull the new antenna wire through off the old one as it doesn’t budge. I started taking off the fender to run it through the stock hole but gave up and just ran it through the plug with the engine harness.

0EF94B4F-CDD3-462B-80E4-AB8A8E3F4CA6.jpeg

We have speed bumps&& and stuff and 345s are all sold out-otherwise you are right!
Haha, your a good sport. I am glad your smart enough not to take my stupid comments to seriously.

But seriously, every 80 series is a little different. Some of them can handle a small lift with no correction of any sort. Others need caster correction with a small lift. I am glad you had such good luck with the dobinsons. I have decided my next set of springs will be dobinsons.

Your rig looks good with those tires and lift.

It took two weeks but I got my OEM wheels powder coated.

DC89EAA8-70B8-4FE1-B8B5-16DDFFA14B2C.jpeg

New rubber being mounted up in the morning and then off for a weekend of wheeling and camping. ☺️

Cheers

It’s super 1980’s and 90’s. I am old enough to remember.

People rehash styles. I noticed the mullet is making a comeback down in Australia. 🤣

Cheers

Installed a new antenna, this was a pain. First, there is no adapter for screwing something into the stock unit. Don’t believe ebay.

It wasn’t that hard to get the stock unit out. Take off the top nut with a needle nose and then there’s a bolt in the engine bay that holds the unit in place.

After that it gets difficult. The antenna cable does not come off the stock antenna easily and you can’t plug it into the new antenna.

You can’t just pull the new antenna wire through off the old one as it doesn’t budge. I started taking off the fender to run it through the stock hole but gave up and just ran it through the plug with the engine harness.

View attachment 2647555
I replaced my antenna as well. The process sucked, no other way to say it.

I noticed the mullet is making a comeback down in Australia. 🤣
Haha, I am not sure the mullet ever left Australia

cb5ac140952b8d8d9f29219d56e48ead.jpg

business-in-the-front-murder-in-the-back-at-least-22390416.png

I love mullet memes :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom