What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (109 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes they do sit out more than I thought they would or have seen pictures that did not seem so exaggerated. Not sure if I want to keep them? Fitment was not bolt on and walk away. I had to grind the welds down a little on the rear trailing arm mount to get the u bolt to fit into the bracket. I will email metal tech and see if they changed the design.

i noticed the same when i got mine when i noticed the gap. It sticks out a bit which is good in many ways but like mentioned, look wise, it could be cleaner.. This is 2 yrs ago so i don't think anything has changed? It hasn't bothered me, it sits pretty even with the frame and the times i've used it, the extra inch wouldn't help. From the functional perspective, it takes the pounding, and serves as a nice sidestep!

I’m currently experiencing the same issue. Something like 6 or 7 volts at the starter signal wire. Cleaned up the connectors as they were nasty. Working now but the problem has been intermittent since a deep water crossing.
I dealt with this problem for a couple of years. I pulled and inspected the wire from NSS switch and even tried the added starter relay fix but no go. Then I removed the factory alarm and that was the issue!

Finally received enough of the Toyo's so got the wheels and tires mounted. Waiting on the lift to arrive before I attempt to install LOL.
I feel you pain on the wait, going on 3 months soon... Are those rims factory grey or you paint? My Racelines are discoloring where the water pools up already so thinking a gun metal or grey powercoat similar to your might be better. Will watch to see them on. almost same design and same 80 color. Will give me a good idea if it's worth it or not.

Fit like total ass.

View attachment 2643742View attachment 2643744View attachment 2643745

I blew a day on these and lost over $500. MT lost a shop as a customer. I was going to cut the legs off and Fab my own but my time is valuable to me so just bought WKOR instead.

Totally lame.

Cheers

I definitely don't recommend the OPOR sliders. I gave in and modified the legs on mine so they sit tighter. For the amount of time it took I should have just bought another brand or built my own.

IMG_20200507_130043.jpg

I definitely don't recommend the OPOR sliders. I gave in and modified the legs on mine so they sit tighter. For the amount of time it took I should have just bought another brand or built my own.

View attachment 2644554
Sorry if this opened a can of worms but looking at this it seems like a pretty big problem. I'm glad I asked as it seems it's not just an individual case instead this is the design of them. Highlights a lot for future customers. Thanks for everyone chiming in.

I dealt with this problem for a couple of years. I pulled and inspected the wire from NSS switch and even tried the added starter relay fix but no go. Then I removed the factory alarm and that was the issue!
Well mine isn’t fixed... I thought my alarm was removed but honestly not sure. Where is the controller mounted?

I feel you pain on the wait, going on 3 months soon... Are those rims factory grey or you paint? My Racelines are discoloring where the water pools up already so thinking a gun metal or grey powercoat similar to your might be better. Will watch to see them on. almost same design and same 80 color. Will give me a good idea if it's worth it or not.

Yep those are the Method 309s in Titanium. To me they look a little lighter in pictures than in person. I may at some point decide to paint them a gun metal like I did my factory wheels. I'm going insane waiting on my lift to arrive so I can get them on there!

Well mine isn’t fixed... I thought my alarm was removed but honestly not sure. Where is the controller mounted?
This should get you going

@nigelsiam @Fj80oregon Hate to pile it on but I'll share mine as well, purchased November of last year, because I wish I had read these comments before I pulled the trigger. Like @SNLC said, pretty disappointed at this point after spending the money on them and thinking I was paying once to get it right the first time.

@Tuite did you happen to have any more pictures as you were modifying it? Looks like the legs are just an inch or so too long. These were the OPOR sliders, installing was okay for me, one u bolt had to attach at a slight angle and the front driver plate against the frame actually make contact with the floorboards of the rig, had to clearance it by maybe 1/4 inch. That could just be due to original body mounts.

20210413_170317.jpg
20210413_170252.jpg
20210413_170157.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting seeing all these photos of the OPOR sliders that fit like a pair of hand me down jocks.

Maybe they changed the design because the old ones were doing this.....

1618364204896161276090500466189.jpg

16183642871931462509422033350917.jpg

16183643075197810726978126344461.jpg

WTF

View attachment 2644776

Backstory?

Was this you or someone you know?

Did it end up in the water?

So many questions!!!!!!

I am sure you have peaked everybody's curiosity.

Don’t do it!!

Yes I know the back story. You should see the video. 😳

I can tell you it wasn’t the owner of the Cruiser, unless he lies to me which I doubt. I have wheeled with him several times and he is very cautious with his Cruiser, passes on lines he could easily do to keep the Cruiser nice.

I can tell you without even looking at the Cruiser yet it’s trashed. Massive and heavy damage, frame is probably even bent. This was an extremely nice HDJ81, nicest I have ever seen in pics or in person.

Cheers

Sorry if this opened a can of worms but looking at this it seems like a pretty big problem. I'm glad I asked as it seems it's not just an individual case instead this is the design of them. Highlights a lot for future customers. Thanks for everyone chiming in.
They do serve there purpose I’m sure! Maybe should be advertised as a sliders/step. They are definitely built well and every truck is different so install always takes a little extra effort. They look great from 10 feet but once you get close they could snug up quit a bit and still have the same performance.

Replaced all the stuff I broke - went with the stubby antenna kit since my ant motor was trash anyway and some aftermarket tail lights. Still need to fix the ding in the windshield.
What was your stubby antenna solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom