What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (118 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow the front bumper looks good, mine looks similar to your before picture. Do you know the paint that was used?
No idea of the brand, but I gave him the TSB (Toyota Service Bulletin) from 1996 that gave the paint code for the bumpers. I found it on here. I know that the two new bumper corners I purchased were not used and they look to be a slightly different color in my opinion. I had to rely upon the painter's expertise after providing him these two items.

72148390-6E13-4462-8B0A-978592F9FB0B.jpeg
64F4E834-33BE-42BC-AC8D-AD309BB6EED6_1_201_a.jpeg

Got some good gas mileage after doing some wrenching with @fourtrax

20210410_171529.jpg

And came home to a new (reman) starter.

20210410_175954.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to give the o’gal a good interior cleaning. Started by removing the third row, lifting the back seats up and vacuuming and digging out crap. Then ended up just unbolting and removing the second row....... then removed the front seats........ and the center console....... and......... I did not come out here intending to go this nuts but now I’m in too deep to turn back.

2D948EEC-3B73-4DCA-8725-AD0FDAFE33E6.jpeg

I did remove the headliner after all so we could do it the right way. You also have to remove the sunroof tray/Cassette to get to the front nutserts. Not a huge deal headliner took 45 minutes with a helper and was pretty straight forward. I’ll post some pics of the finished product.

View attachment 2631420

View attachment 2631421
Got the roof and rear hatch all cleaned up. Paint blended so good! The 25 year old paint really appreciated being under a car port most it’s life!

C0682EA9-9BE1-44FB-898A-E8D0CE6A74E1.jpeg

C9B8EFFA-A09A-4D60-83BB-4E9BF475808C.jpeg

79DEADD3-F58B-466D-9AC3-AA9E847189D7.jpeg

My son turned sixteen. His bucket list item was to go bass fishing up at Clear Lake...
So, we loaded up the boats and headed up with one of his buddies. This past year I refurbished my trailer and this was the maiden trip after adding a lid, matching paint, and redoing the deck. I really liked having a hinged lid after years of covering everything with just a tarp.

Cruiser Clear Lake2.jpg

The tournament fisherman were complaining about how tough the conditions were with the low water levels, but we did pretty good!
Jack_Dad_Clearlake Bass.jpg

Bunch of bass from the canoe, kayak, and rental boat. And a few big ass crappie

Jack_crappie.jpg

Minor bodywork done. Hired a shop to paint the bumper and fix the dents in the valance. They also repaired the only spot of rust on the whole truck. I am pretty happy how it turned out. Got it put back together and spent an hour cleaning off that dreaded bodyshop dust. Love the smell, but what a mess inside and out.

Paint, new grill, logo in Duplicolor "Shadow" black, new park lamps, new OEM wiper blades. A good weekend!

View attachment 2641265

View attachment 2641266

View attachment 2641270

View attachment 2641267

Debating weather to paint that suspension or just coat it with FlexFluid to keep in original. Truck is very clean and rust free overall. This rust spot was caused by a life on country roads and dust/dirt compacted in the fender well.
I would Fluid Film it for sure. Paint won’t really protect the suspension as well and it takes a lot more prep. There is a new “black” version of the Fluid Film that makes it look really nice. It’s been working great underneath my Minnesota (salt capital of the world) rig. Take the plugs out of the rockers and spray inside there too.

I would Fluid Film it for sure. Paint won’t really protect the suspension as well and it takes a lot more prep. There is a new “black” version of the Fluid Film that makes it look really nice. It’s been working great underneath my Minnesota (salt capital of the world) rig. Take the plugs out of the rockers and spray inside there too.
Haven't seen that black Fluid Film. That my be my solution. Hope to keep it original as much as possible.

Decided to give the o’gal a good interior cleaning. Started by removing the third row, lifting the back seats up and vacuuming and digging out crap. Then ended up just unbolting and removing the second row....... then removed the front seats........ and the center console....... and......... I did not come out here intending to go this nuts but now I’m in too deep to turn back.

View attachment 2641721
Shoot, might as well pull that carpet at this point. Shampoo those carpets well and clean the metal underneath, you'll almost have a new car.

Went over to @Soju 's house to lend a hand with his A/C clutch. The bearing were bad and causing noise when the pulley spin.

He read on MUD to just remove the bolts and turn the compressor instead of removing the hoses. So we got some bungees to hold it in place. (It's not ghetto, it's ingenuity :rofl: ).

20210411_103405.jpg

The used an oil filter wrench to keep the pulley from spinning while loosening the bolt.

20210411_103401.jpg

Now she purrs like a kitten 🐈 😻

Had a few extra mins, so we put in a new starter for my LC.

One the way home, drove by this 70 series, so I stopped by and had a chat with the owner. I introduced him to MUD, and gave him the link/talked out our monthly Olde North State Cruisers Club (North Carolina) meetings.

20210411_133658.jpg

Thought everything was good with the new starter, but at the gas station she didn't want to turn over 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Cables good, starter good, fuseable link good, plugs are wires good. . I don't know what else to check/change.

Thought everything was good with the new starter, but at the gas station she didn't want to turn over 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Cables good, starter good, fuseable link good, plugs are wires good. . I don't know what else to check/change.
Dang, sorry to hear that about your starter. Have you replaced your neutral safety switch?

Thanks for the help with the ac clutch, it’s so much quieter now!

Replaced my low pressure PS hoses today and stumbled onto another, what could have been a more serious problem. The lower alternator bolt was lose and backing out.. All tightened up and I see new belts on the horizon... ;)
lx-bolt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom