What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How many "bananas" is the seatbelt install? Might need to do this soon.
Seatbelts is a one banana and a beer job. Just some plastic to remove and a few bolts. 👌🏻

Interesting...I try searching for nipples and Google still brought me here to ih8mud...this place knows how to party

Last edited:
Seatbelts is a one banana and a beer job. Just some plastic to remove and a few bolts. 👌🏻

Interesting...I try searching for nipples and Google still brought me here to ih8mud...this place knows how to party
I think the nipples are in a different section known as sChat........

Got 1/2 of the stuff I ordered a few days ago and could not wait to test fit it. Yes, I do plan on putting the spring mount on. I am using the Yota Teq mounts.

We Boost Test fit.jpg

Did this.
Scavenging some stainless steel parts from an old windsurfing harness-the perfect part really, I made a tailgate trash bag mount. You have to rethread the fastex buckles when you take it on and off, I’ll probably whip the tail with some electric tape for the road anyway. The lid closes no problem. And yes, total $35 Amazon China special bag....
E99805BF-870F-4A49-B52C-01602816A5BE.jpeg
2FFAE509-DEEF-49CC-9BEE-361489AC811D.jpeg

У нас в росси стало все плохо. Ввели запрет на тюнинг. Теперь нельзя силовые бампера , пороги, допсвет и т.д
Читал, что с какого-то числа вводят (или уже ввели). Т е весь тюнинг незаконен, и ни за какие официально оплаченные взносы не лифтануть?

I got my tax returns and made a poor finnancial decision.

View attachment 2605361

Than I stopped at the hardware store for some 10.9 bolts for the front bumper now that I have a winch. While I was there I got lucky and scored some .308, deer and elk season are quickly approaching.

I also had an assortment of some high quality ty-raps delivered to replenish my stock.

View attachment 2605362

Next I installed the element fire extinguisher, removed my bumper, gave it a fresh coat of rattle can, and got the new winch bolted up.

View attachment 2605365
View attachment 2605366
View attachment 2605364

Hopefully tomorrow I can install the control box, hook up the wires, install the rope, and start packing for a camping trip next weekend...
I think your going to love that winch, recently ranked pretty high in a shootout review against alot of other winches including Warn and Comeup

Got out for a drive after fitting the new fan and hub, reduced my temps by 20 to 30c, very happy :)View attachment 2606319View attachment 2606320View attachment 2606321View attachment 2606325
woah thats a big one...who is the manufacturer?

Sorry just saw this in a later post of yours:

Cleaned up the hood closure mechanism.
Seems like the PO drenched it with WD40, even though the mechanism needs no lubrication to work. The oil just collects dust.
3 bolts, 5 minutes scrubbing with kerosene, works like new.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 12.13.26.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 12.58.14.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 12.58.29.jpeg

Did this.
Scavenging some stainless steel parts from an old windsurfing harness-the perfect part really, I made a tailgate trash bag mount. You have to rethread the fastex buckles when you take it on and off, I’ll probably whip the tail with some electric tape for the road anyway. The lid closes no problem. And yes, total $35 Amazon China special bag....
View attachment 2608058View attachment 2608059
These look like the ones I made!

View attachment 2608317

This is really the best way to hang a bag.

I think your going to love that winch, recently ranked pretty high in a shootout review against alot of other winches including Warn and Comeup

Yeah, it actually seemed pretty well made. I didn't actually open it up but on the outside it seemed decent. I was quite impressed by the size and quality of the wires. I think it will work fine for my purposes. For me a winch provides peace of mind and confidence to keep going down the trail when I am alone and the trail gets muddy or snowy. Being in an 80 series I usually end up not needing a winch on said trails.

Did this.
View attachment 2608058View attachment 2608059

It looks good. What do you plan on leaving in it? Just for trash?

These look like the ones I made!
Whew....I was really hesitant about doing this, I'm glad there is some validation for mounting these bags like this! That said, I like your mounts better! I like that you can slip fit the bag on, I was thinking about doing that with the parts I had, but I don't think there's enough meat on my tabs.

What size screw do you mount yours with? I think I used a 316SS 1/2" #8 self tapping, (Because I had a couple rolling around around)

It looks good. What do you plan on leaving in it? Just for trash?
Nah, just for trash and I will be removing it between trips. Buy from @Outsane he's got a good solution! I was previously wrapping the webbing around the tailgate which was a total pig of a job to do and made lowering the gate really hard.

У нас в росси стало все плохо. Ввели запрет на тюнинг. Теперь нельзя силовые бампера , пороги, допсвет и т.д
Похоже, экологи захватывают и Россию.:(

Whew....I was really hesitant about doing this, I'm glad there is some validation for mounting these bags like this! That said, I like your mounts better! I like that you can slip fit the bag on, I was thinking about doing that with the parts I had, but I don't think there's enough meat on my tabs.

What size screw do you mount yours with? I think I used a 316SS 1/2" #8 self tapping, (Because I had a couple rolling around around)

Nah, just for trash and I will be removing it between trips. Buy from @Outsane he's got a good solution! I was previously wrapping the webbing around the tailgate which was a total pig of a job to do and made lowering the gate really hard.

I’ve got a weatherproof pannier bag for the bike that is surplus and would maybe fit the task that I was thinking about using, but I should ignore that as a project as I have bigger tasks at hand at the moment

Relay box mounting holes drilled/protected (ignore the, uh, other small hole), and box mounted and operational. I dig it, and now all I need to add a new accessory is to mount it and throw a weatherpack connector on it.
IMG_20210305_175648.jpg

IMG_20210306_132018.jpg
IMG_20210306_125446.jpg

@ATXLX what are those finned yellow cones with the clear plastic housing, located on your BMC?

Been pretty busy with work and designing a rear bumper along with some ARB awning mounts for my rack but finally got around to replacing the front panhard bar bushings. To say the one at the frame needed to be replaced is an understatement...

Dumb_bushing.jpg

Got rid of most of the go-wherever-the-f@ck-it-wants-to on the highway so I'm thrilled. Took about 30 minutes start to finish.

Thanks for your 24 years of faithful service. ✌🏻

Replaced hood struts with new OEM pair. The hood now opens with power to the point where it reverbs like a speaker at the top. Gravity alone doesn’t shut it either; must apply force.

Hatch and hood struts finally refreshed! Onto the next one.
When I replaced the ones on the rear I damn near took my head off with it opening on it's own. I was not expecting it LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom