What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ran 365/75R16's on stock wheels. The wore evenly across the tread over 30k miles. I wouldn't worry about running a 315 on a 7.5" wheel.

Driving last week I accumulated a lot of Texas bugs on the windshield. Tried to clean them off and no fluid from the washers. Got home and filled the reservoir up all the way, still no liquid. Followed the hose and found the diverter valve. Pulled the supply hose off and pushed the button, got flow. Pull exit hose off and nothing. Quick search of mud, yep, these things go bad, no sense rehabilitating them, just order a new one. Popped the new one in and yay, flow out of the diverter valve.

PXL_20201122_154613002-XL.jpg

Hook it back up, still nothing out of the nozzles but a lot of fluid raining out of the bottom of the truck. Pull back the crumbling insulating blanket after breaking both of the push pin holders and find the lines disconnected from the nozzles. Hook those up and push the button, nothing and raining again under the truck. Seems the nozzles are crudded up enough to pop the lines off. Today I popped out the nozzles, gave them the safety pin treatment followed by a long luxurious bath in the ultrasonic cleaner with water and some dish detergent and they look good as new.

PXL_20201125_174239068-XL.jpg

Popped them back in and reconnected and all good. Spent some time realigning them so they aren't spraying on the hood. They are fiddly little things so now I have an odd looking but very effective spray pattern. Now I'm ready for bug season. Also, expected all the lines to be old, hard and cracked but they are all soft and in good condition.

Might not seem significant but been talking to Mike at ExitOffroad to get some help figuring out the best solution for a suspension upgrade and just want to say what a pleasure it was talking to him and absolutely so helpful. It's one thing to use the 'search' button and read through the threads but to get real time answers to questions and then be able to call back when you have more....and not feel like you are bothering someone is top-notch.
My biggest question is/was "are the IMS shocks worth almost $500 more than the yellow?" Still trying to decide on that given my use case. Feel free to chime in if anyone has gone from yellow to IMS. I am basically stock except for 33" tires.

666....wait that is 666.6!

View attachment 2506083

That’s 1,666.6 miles on the new 1FZFE in my 95. A bit more I am sure, 33’s and stock gears.

@OTRAMM cat back just got finished, man I am soooooo temped to finish the full top to bottom new engine off with an OEM y-pipe and cat. 🙄😂

This Magnaflow I got for it looks like crap honestly. I am not sure I can put it on with a brand new OEM engine and Ryan’s absolutely beautiful cat back. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers

Nice D light...

Starting to see a lot of these 'home grown' RTTs... your's looks awesome. How much $ do you have in the build? The way things are going the RTTs are getting way out of hand in $$$$$$

I lost count but I would guess around $1500 not including the rack. I would have bought one if someone made a low profile tent (~4”) that allowed me to still park in my garage.

I lost count but I would guess around $1500 not including the rack. I would have bought one if someone made a low profile tent (~4”) that allowed me to still park in my garage.
I think GFC (gofast campers) has a new, lightweight one coming out that is about $1300 w/o ladder and mattress. And you can add those as options. It's a minimalistic design that supposed to only weigh 80lbs.

I think GFC (gofast campers) has a new, lightweight one coming out that is about $1300 w/o ladder and mattress. And you can add those as options. It's a minimalistic design that supposed to only weigh 80lbs.

I saw that right before my build and seriously considered it or the platform tent. Ultimately it didn’t look like I would fit my garage with either using their 80 mounts.

Well I saw @Outsane had come out with a Ultragauge mount that works with the ram mount system. So figured what better time then to get an ultragauge. First off, I've had some OBD 2 readers that go with a phone app, but I'm a big fan of the ultragauge now. The mount that Outsane designed is really great, sturdy construction, and makes for ease of install/removal of the ultraguage. Now I had to put it somewhere and what better place to find places to mount things then Wit's End. Went with the A pillar mount and the useless ashtray to give some options for the gauge. I'm digging the A pillar location right now and will also use it for my GoPro, then move my ultraguage down to the ashtray along with my tablet for trail riding. Seems if you have a few feet of electrical tape, your ashtray location will be study as ever :rolleyes:.
20201126_090745.jpg

20201119_073056.jpg

20201126_090711.jpg

So wait, is this a thing?

Oooh, thanks. I'm in the club, didn't realize it was a club. Now I feel special. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom