What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (182 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like Salton sea....

Probably a dumb question but I can't afford an aftermarket rear steel bumper at this time. Do you guys think it's better to have a trailer hitch with the stock bumper so the steel gets hit instead of the bumper or leave the hitch off for the little bit of extra clearance you can have on the rear?

Probably a dumb question but I can't afford an aftermarket rear steel bumper at this time. Do you guys think it's better to have a trailer hitch with the stock bumper so the steel gets hit instead of the bumper or leave the hitch off for the little bit of extra clearance you can have on the rear?
IMHO yes. I dragged mine all over the rocks before getting a legit bumper. :)

Found the first snow of the season up in Nevis Mn. Early youth deer hunting season, deer camp.

20201017_095043.jpg
20201017_095824.jpg

Been a couple weekends ago, but:

I guess one cool thing I accomplished in order to do this......

I have a 3000 Watt pure sin wave inverter in the LC. I can power my laptop, drill battery charger, and a power miter saw from it. I have to feather the trigger on the saw to get it going, but it does it. The shop's welder/generator broke down, so we used my truck for two days to do what we had to do.

I installed a 250A circuit breaker at the battery, then ran a set of 00 cables from the battery into the cabin with an Anderson Connector mounted on the center console, right below the "factory" cupholder, then a matching Anderson connector and cables as a 6 ft "whip" on the inverter so I can move the inverter out any door or use in the back. Eventually, I will build a set of jumper cables that can connect here so I can jump start another vehicle from any open door on the truck.

I got this one because I can use it to charge the Power Wheelchair for our son.

I may build an attic rack to attach the inverter up there to give it airflow and keep it out of harm's way.

IMG_20200923_101428160_HDR (Medium).jpg

IMG_20200929_165216750_HDR (Medium).jpg
I like it! That was the theme for my build. A multi-tool in vehicle form.

so.... cheap wrap dude broke my front fender flares bad, used the flare pad to stick them back on but they fell off after a week :smh:

of course he ghosted and his shop is cleared out now.

new flares were in customs for a while but finally got them and had them sprayed flat black.

B4D25CC9-3D86-402C-8A31-091EC50275B2.jpeg

Installed my Ironman lift. Unfortunately I was matching old tall spring with new tall spring instead of reading the instructions and I need to swap everything from side to side. Luckily the swings are very easy to swap. A couple hours tomorrow and she will be done.

20201017_143851.jpg

20201017_143858.jpg

20201017_192949.jpg

20201017_143841.jpg

20201017_193004.jpg

What a weekend it has been, my daily has been taken out of the action due to a rusted through hardline in the brakes so the 80 gets to be my daily for a week. So what better thing to do but make it more comfy; got the landtank seat extensive brackets installed. Wow, it is a whole new world in the driver seat (being 6'2" hasn't been the most comfortable experience). Sorry no pictures as I was hard grinding and cutting away at 11 pm at night creating a hell of a light show for the neighbors.
But I do have some of the good stuff to offer for the people; my @TRAIL TAILOR skid plate installed. Simple and gives me piece of mind that the underside will be nicely protected. Beefy is an understatement for this thing and painted with JD Blitz Black. All new hardware as well and can confirm the bolts to the frame came with what I remember reading as possibly green threadlocker on them? Was a single bead of it the whole length of the threads on each bolt. No picture for them unfortunately. View attachment 2463890View attachment 2463891View attachment 2463895
Wheredya get the seat extension brackets?

Installed the Wit's End Auto-Up Diode....and it didn't work. :( Made sure the diode was installed in the correct direction

Here are some pics... see anything I may have done incorrectly?

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 9.39.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 9.39.56 PM.png

Installed the Wit's End Auto-Up Diode....and it didn't work. :( Made sure the diode was installed in the correct direction

Here are some pics... see anything I may have done incorrectly?

View attachment 2468391View attachment 2468392
Did you modify the plastic switch itself so it has the room to go the extra "click"? The auto-up mod is more than just the diode...

Got the new oil pressure sending unit sub-harness and alternator from McGeorge. Got things installed and ... oil pressure is just fine, no leaks seen.

Truck left the garage under it's own power for the first time since May 27th.
20201016_150211[1].jpg

It is supposed to head to paint soon, but not sure I can handle taking it back apart right away, so may push it off till spring. Oh, the parking brakes are still squealing a bit on turns too. It's going to Toyota now for that shortly, I can't see what I could have done wrong with it, EVERYTHING is new and well lubed back there now :bang: ... frustrating.

Anyway, having the truck running again is like having a best friend back. Now I just have to find reasons to leave the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom