What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Although there are lots of people who say no fuel gains are seen with a part time kit, I feel like it could play a role in my good fuel efficiency. Less than 120,000 on the odometer and lots of maintenance could also be the cause. It is hard for me to say because I never got to drive the rig before and after the part time kit.
Yeah, lots of factors. I’m stock (no bumpers, etc) other than 3.5” & 315s w/ stock gears, but most of the ignition/running parts and all fluids are pretty fresh. I average 13 (GPS calibrated) with at least half cruising 50-60, the rest mixed 35-45 and “in town” driving. Saw 15.5 on a constant 50mi stretch at 60 with a few mild inclines, worst I’ve seen was 12 when I did more short non-hwy drives. I’m happy with that 🤷‍♂️ it’s interesting watching the stats via OBDII reader as you drive.. mileage goes all over the place! This is my first tank on the new tires and it looks like there miiiiight be a little improvement.

Those look nice! Does the passenger side butt-clench-brake still work through those?

I've decided that's why my Driver's seat wore out exactly where it did. Too many clenchers.
It looks thick. Does it seem to help with a worn seat-cushion? Would you recommend?

Those look nice! Does the passenger side butt-clench-brake still work through those?

I've decided that's why my Driver's seat wore out exactly where it did. Too many clenchers.
It looks thick. Does it seem to help with a worn seat-cushion? Would you recommend?
I have had a pair in my 3rd Gen 4runner for about a year and they are awesome and do Not slide around due to silicone inside, really nice and highly recommend

The ARB and 12k winch dropped my front end about half an inch. Left me with 1.5" rake so I added 20mm Ironman spacers up front to level it out a bit. Subtle difference, but looks much better IMHO.

Note my driveway is sloped to the rear, so makes the rake appear less obvious than it really is on level ground.

Before
IMG_17092020_174602_(3120_x_2080_pixel).jpg

After
IMG_17092020_174620_(3120_x_2080_pixel).jpg

Got my Dometic fridge slide installed. I ordered it in July but only got it last week. Been using the fridge for a few months now, excited to not have to drag it out of the truck anymore.
1600380176784.png

1600380207199.png

After well over a month of dealing with pesky custom workers and general slow shipping during these times finally received my modified orange fan clutch for my SC 1fz from @landtank! unfortunately arrived with a bent up stud and not to point fingers but I think it was those darn custom workers checking it out and dropping it or something!

Almost didn't get my old clutch off without the use a of a sawzal but she came, one of the 12mm nuts that hold it to the water pump decided it wanted to be round around the edges haha and another was cross-threaded but that was another story. Anyways pulled the bent up stud as Rick advised me and went to swap with my old clutch studs and of course knowing my luck they are different as my old fan clutch isnt Aisin or mr.T. Had to get my cruiser back into a parking spot as it would get ticketed on the road overnight and need to drive it tomorrow morning so we are running on 3 fan to fan clutch 10mm bolts and studs and 2 fan clutch to waterpump 12mm bolts at the moment!! man does this fan roar on startup now though i must say! also kept the shroud off cause ill be back into it in the next few days with the remaining hardware hopefully!

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1470 2.JPG

Got bored after dinner and decided to give this a try, had the re-lables printed out for a while now on some nice plastic but just never took the time to get all finicky with them, gotta grab some high grit sandpaper while in town tomorrow!

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

Got some new fender skirts. They fit up good and are softer rubber than the OEM ones.
DEAF46CA-5A48-4278-9EF9-1B3E6753EE67.jpeg
C75F2488-5A34-4AA5-A755-8210D875DC3E.jpeg
6B12A7B7-3C40-4945-80CD-C4B1D71E7AB3.jpeg
F1F38486-6144-46A9-B5F0-61EA9288D43E.jpeg
9E67063C-C6AD-48DC-97E2-E4C7DF35DFF3.jpeg

After well over a month of dealing with pesky custom workers and general slow shipping during these times finally received my modified orange fan clutch for my SC 1fz from @landtank! unfortunately arrived with a bent up stud and not to point fingers but I think it was those darn custom workers checking it out and dropping it or something!

Almost didn't get my old clutch off without the use a of a sawzal but she came, one of the 12mm nuts that hold it to the water pump decided it wanted to be round around the edges haha and another was cross-threaded but that was another story. Anyways pulled the bent up stud as Rick advised me and went to swap with my old clutch studs and of course knowing my luck they are different as my old fan clutch isnt Aisin or mr.T. Had to get my cruiser back into a parking spot as it would get ticketed on the road overnight and need to drive it tomorrow morning so we are running on 3 fan to fan clutch 10mm bolts and studs and 2 fan clutch to waterpump 12mm bolts at the moment!! man does this fan roar on startup now though i must say! also kept the shroud off cause ill be back into it in the next few days with the remaining hardware hopefully!

View attachment 2438772

View attachment 2438773

Got bored after dinner and decided to give this a try, had the re-lables printed out for a while now on some nice plastic but just never took the time to get all finicky with them, gotta grab some high grit sandpaper while in town tomorrow!

View attachment 2438776
View attachment 2438777
May want to clean out the radiator and do some fun straightening to improve your cooling. Clean from the outside, not the inside.

Removed the old starter / AC Delco and replaced with a toyota reman. So nice. Also replaced the most reward knock sensor and both knock sensor connectors with new connector pigtails. Soldering in a confined space is a challenge but doable.

6AD10099-6B1B-4888-BEA9-E3A279B7E1ED.jpeg

A34CB762-7C94-4FC1-ACC1-7B09B4FC762B.jpeg

BEF41F55-8F21-48F9-9A15-65EE39B9874B.png

AF356317-7807-4AF8-8384-23FB7504E907.jpeg

Time to start getting it back together ... Step 1 ... channel your inner @Onur. Pretty sure I made someone's month at McGeorge Toyota.
20200722_105733[1].jpg

Took care of the oil cooler. New oil pressure unit was added.
20200823_140737[1].jpg

Water pump ... check
20200823_140725[1].jpg

Learned a HARD lesson about exhaust when I couldn't get the O2 sensor to seat properly. Mock up EVERYTHING before install. These little pieces of slag cost me a morning of removing the installed pipe, finding the issue and then re-installing the pipe.
20200906_114638[1].jpg

Took a Saturday and headed north to do some trails in the Cammo truck. Only three of us and this was one of the few pics.
20200912_093810[1].jpg

Put the front swaybar back on after taking off a month or two ago in search of a front-end clunk. I didn't notice much difference in handling when I took it off, but noticed a pretty big difference when I put it back on. A front bumper was added in the interim, as were new links, so that might have something to do with it.

Clunk was not related to the sway-bar by the way (still haven't nailed it down), but I ordered new links just for the hell of it. Bushings were good. Pretty sure I did them in the not-too-distant past, but hard to remember and keep track of all the old rubber I've replaced on this thing.

Side note: installation of my BIOR front bumper brought the front end down by an inch (soft TJM coils) and the truck handles amazing now. 4" caster plates on 2 inches of lift. I'll have to take it in for an alignment one of these days to see where I'm at, but this truck has not driven so well in the 5 years I've owned it.

Last edited:
Finally ...
20200913_132609[1].jpg

Not saying I'm going to boost it, but keeping @NLXTACY in mind
20200913_174517[1].jpg

A positive lesson learned. Get the 17yr old 6' tall offspring to do the hard work. He made the 55ft/lb and 80ft/lb passes. This would have gone much more quickly if I had remembered to thread the wiring harness through the first time. I also tried to use a stud as a guide for the head on one of the rear holes ... not enough clearance.
20200913_154123[1].jpg

Removed 23 years of crud from the distributor. Considered putting it in the parts washer, but two of the local club members said no bueno.
20200918_111725[1].jpg

You have an awesome beer fridge :cool:

Put the front swaybar back on after taking off a month or two ago in search of a front-end clunk. I didn't notice much difference in handling when I took it off, but noticed a pretty big difference when I put it back on. A front bumper was added in the interim, as were new links, so that might have something to do with it.

Clunk was not related to the sway-bar by the way (still haven't nailed it down), but I ordered new links just for the hell of it. Bushings were good. Pretty sure I did them in the not-too-distant past, but hard to remember and keep track of all the old rubber I've replaced on this thing.

Side note: installation of my BIOR front bumper brought the front end down by an inch (soft TJM coils) and the truck handles amazing now. 4* caster plates on 2 inches of lift. I'll have to take it in for an alignment one of these days to see where I'm at, but this truck has not driven so well in the 5 years I've owned it.
did you try your LCA bushings? I have a front end cluck I cannot find as well. Was going to do LCA bushings next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom