What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great! Love the back windows. Is there a way to the fronts more reflective metallic?
@SteelHunterFJ80 I read a few of the other threads on the subject and there's a process where you could lay down a metallic tint first, then come over the top with bronze (2 layers of film) but I wasn't interested in spending that much time on it. Plus, I don't want to get pulled over for having a reflective tint on the front windows, which is illegal here in CO.

I SnapTint'd my LX450 as well, very happy with the results. Note I only did the front four windows + windshield strip, I have the back ones ready to go but haven't felt the need--in perfect lighting you can tell the back is less dark but in day to day use it seems a close enough match to be good to go.
1600177716343.png

Apologies for the cloudy day shot but I can't seem to find a bright profile shot that has all three side windows in it...

The fronts would need to go to the 20% to match but this seems more LE-friendly.

What wheels you running on your 80?
I couldn't tell you, I got them at discount tire about 5 years ago and I don't have the paperwork nor do I remember the brand or model #. All I know is they are alloy and 16".

I couldn't tell you, I got them at discount tire about 5 years ago and I don't have the paperwork nor do I remember the brand or model #. All I know is they are alloy and 16".
How’s your new steed acting lately..... so funny your back into an 80 just like that. LOL

How’s your new steed acting lately..... so funny your back into an 80 just like that. LOL
Yeah, I feel like I got really lucky with this rig. I have been able to drive it a lot this summer and it is due for its 2nd oil change. I had to work out a couple of tiny issues. The old license plate light wiring on the bumper shorted out and I had to replace some missing washers on the tailgate support. Other than that it has been running like a top. I am consistently getting 14-15 around town and 16-17 highway. The only concern is a grinding sensation in the floor and pedals around 2,000 rpm's under heavy load that is slowly progressing. I am suspecting a bad bearing somewhere in the rear driveline, but it might also be a weird exhaust rattle. I just need to pull the rear driveshaft and drive it one weekend.

Yeah, I feel like I got really lucky with this rig. I have been able to drive it a lot this summer and it is due for its 2nd oil change. I had to work out a couple of tiny issues. The old license plate light wiring on the bumper shorted out and I had to replace some missing washers on the tailgate support. Other than that it has been running like a top. I am consistently getting 14-15 around town and 16-17 highway. The only concern is a grinding sensation in the floor and pedals around 2,000 rpm's under heavy load that is slowly progressing. I am suspecting a bad bearing somewhere in the rear driveline, but it might also be a weird exhaust rattle. I just need to pull the rear driveshaft and drive it one weekend.
Borrow a set of chasis ears. You can place the mics on the transfer case, front and rear diff and anywhere along the axles and pinpoint the trouble very quickly. Mine was the rear nose of the transfer case. The bearings were shot. This is the quickest (and by far cheapest) method of accuractely identifying your problem.

Took a load of scrap to the recycler. This was my check-out weight. Not bad!

20200916_121239.jpg

$8 lottery money :hillbilly:

I just swapped out my charcoal canister w/ a VC-120, hoping it helps my tank pressure/fuel smell problems. Also replaced the lines as they looked pretty tired.

old:
1600306545004.png

new:
1600306586584.png

(power steering reservoir cap is off as I'm replacing the low pressure hoses too, but decided to wait for better clamps to complete that job.)

Will have to wait for the fire situation to improve to get back out to altitude and see if this makes things better...couldn't get more than a half-tank into the truck at a few stops (6000-10000 feet) over Labor Day.

Still baselining, though fortunately the PO (friend/mechanic) did most of the real work in the year before I snagged it. Went to do all 3 diffs yesterday, and although I swear I popped all fill plugs loose recently, rear is now sticking so trying to be patient with that. Massive work today… trimmed & put in 9011 bulbs 😜 Next going to lock center and remove front shaft to hopefully confirm light noise/vibes at certain times, textbook like others have experienced... also will check front joints. He did rears and said the fronts were still fine, but who knows. I have J springs with caster plates, so naturally, front joint is pretty straight while other one is angled. Almost done! But the day I finish, of course, something else will come up.

Seriously? I have never seen north of 15 and average 11-12. What black magic is this??
Although there are lots of people who say no fuel gains are seen with a part time kit, I feel like it could play a role in my good fuel efficiency. Less than 120,000 on the odometer and lots of maintenance could also be the cause. It is hard for me to say because I never got to drive the rig before and after the part time kit.

I just swapped out my charcoal canister w/ a VC-120, hoping it helps my tank pressure/fuel smell problems. Also replaced the lines as they looked pretty tired.

old:
View attachment 2437907

new:
View attachment 2437908
(power steering reservoir cap is off as I'm replacing the low pressure hoses too, but decided to wait for better clamps to complete that job.)

Will have to wait for the fire situation to improve to get back out to altitude and see if this makes things better...couldn't get more than a half-tank into the truck at a few stops (6000-10000 feet) over Labor Day.
It will take care of your problem...did the same thing with the same problems and instantly eliminated the pressure build up in the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom