What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tried my hand at tinting the windows this weekend. Found a company that produces precut, premium bronze panels. Quality seems good, will need to redo the back window.

HP Bronze 20% on the front windows
HP Bronze 35% over the rear factory-tinted windows (net around 20-25%)

It's a pretty close match and way better than a charcoal tint.
20200914_091229.jpg
20200914_091301.jpg
20200913_124725.jpg

Last edited:
I figured it was just bleeding brakes, how hard could it be? After another hour they called me back to say they bled the brakes, but the pedal still felt a little squishy. They asked if I wanted to test drive it and I told them they are either done right or not. Then they asked if I wanted them vacuum bled ... WTF?!?!? Um, yeah, please use the piece of equipment the shop has for bleeding brakes to bleed the brakes. Sheesh.

It's still not 100%, maybe 80% right. Will make an appointment at my regular shop to have it done correctly. Still enjoying the Jeep place complaining that the brakes were dirty. I guess the Jeeps they sell never go off road.
Typical Mopar Dealership.

"I can put in ALL the hardware I took out, but I will only install half of it this time until you catch it and bring it back."

My Chrysler T&C after engine work. They only installed half of the screws and push plugs in the wiper cowl section and the front bumper fascia after the work was completed.

I figured it was just bleeding brakes, how hard could it be? After another hour they called me back to say they bled the brakes, but the pedal still felt a little squishy. They asked if I wanted to test drive it and I told them they are either done right or not. Then they asked if I wanted them vacuum bled ... WTF?!?!? Um, yeah, please use the piece of equipment the shop has for bleeding brakes to bleed the brakes. Sheesh.

It's still not 100%, maybe 80% right. Will make an appointment at my regular shop to have it done correctly. Still enjoying the Jeep place complaining that the brakes were dirty. I guess the Jeeps they sell never go off road.

I laugh at the ridiculousness of the shop, not your situation..

Finished installing new rotors up front, 4 new oem calipers and all 7 soft lines.
Scope creep & mud ocd made me order a new lspv just in case I needed it. Went to adjust it down .25" for my lift and decided since everything else was new I should just toss the new one on.
4 hours later I got the old one off the bracket but mangled the bracket in the process. One of the sides of the u bolt was permanently rusted to the lspv. The other was clean as can be.
Odd for a very clean undercarriage.

Now trying to decide if it being slightly off (pic below) is bad enough to try and replace the lspv bracket or if it's probably fine like that.
Thoughts? It's tightened down and flush to the bracket on the far side bolt.
Rod is in the slot and all buttoned up though it took some effort to reconnect the lspv rod/ slide the bolt through.
20200913_180921.jpg
20200913_163850.jpg

Finished installing new rotors up front, 4 new oem calipers and all 7 soft lines.
Scope creep & mud ocd made me order a new lspv just in case I needed it. Went to adjust it down .25" for my lift and decided since everything else was new I should just toss the new one on.
4 hours later I got the old one off the bracket but mangled the bracket in the process. One of the sides of the u bolt was permanently rusted to the lspv. The other was clean as can be.
Odd for a very clean undercarriage.

Now trying to decide if it being slightly off (pic below) is bad enough to try and replace the lspv bracket or if it's probably fine like that.
Thoughts? It's tightened down and flush to the bracket on the far side bolt.
Rod is in the slot and all buttoned up though it took some effort to reconnect the lspv rod/ slide the bolt through.
View attachment 2435661View attachment 2435663

Check the Harbor Freight website. I bet those jackstands have been recalled.

They have not.
I checked the item # against the recall warning. Thanks for the heads up though.

OK, good. I did not want to read about you in the paper.:)

OK, good. I did not want to read about you in the paper.:)
appreciate it. Its only a few model #s of them which i find odd that its not all of them since they have similar designs and they have now ceased ALL jack stand sales.
Still planning to get rid of them and replace eventually.

Now to decide if my slightly crooked LSPV will be an issue :hmm:

Tried my hand at tinting the windows this weekend. Found a company that produces precut, premium bronze panels. Quality seems good, will need to redo the back window.

20% on the front windows
35% over the rear factory-tinted windows

It's a pretty close match and way better than a charcoal tint. View attachment 2435510View attachment 2435511View attachment 2435515

If lower cabin temps under the blazing hot sun is what y'all want, you def want to take a look at ceramic tint.

Last edited:
Drove it to an OPEN HOUSE (with new brakes; EBC Brake upgrade w/ new brake lines :) )

Loaded up the 80 last Tuesday with 2 kids, 2 cats, a dog, 2 hamsters, valuables, and a case of beer. left at 1 AM, had to evacuate for North Complex fire. Felt really good to be in the cruiser. We are all safe and sound thank God. Fire rages on...

If lower cabin temps under the blazing hot sun is what y'all want, you def want to take a look at ceramic tint.
@CYKBC - I looked at going the ceramic route, but I wasn't trying to put a ton of money into tint. I have a yellow lab that likes to wheel with me, stick his head out the window, etc so I'm sure it will get scratched at some point.

Drug some fallen branches out of the yard in a hurry to catch the free ride on the front-end loader in the neighborhood. My buddy was in charge of videography. Never. Again.

IMG_20200912_163714.jpg

For flavor: SLC had hurricane force winds this last week. My house got hit and these branches are the last of the debris...aside from a roof that needs to be replaced. I spent all day cleanining up the neighborhood, with really no hope of having these branches removed without paying a professional. This guy saunters into the neighborhood with his heavy equipment and I asked if he would pick it up. "No, I don't want to ruin your yard." Dude, my yard is in a constant state of ruin this year! No worries. Nope. He wouldn't do it. So, in order to get him to take me seriously, I did the damage he was afraid to. I had about 20 minutes to get these things out front where he would pick them up or never see him again.

The last stump that we dragged onto the trailer was because he had left without it. Were there better ways? Probably, but we had already spent 10 hours doing clean up and made 5 trips to dump drop off sites with a full truck and trailer. Pretty much done with caring for the day.

Last edited:
In Lafayette, Top Shop Auto, Frank is the owner I believe. Not sure if they actually machine in house but they have worked on ‘your’ engine and know their way around it pretty well.
Thank you, I will be giving them a call.

^^^Post 53,635^^^ link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom