What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks amazing. I need to get to Alaska. What is on the hood of the cruiser? And what is that thing on the back of the Ford, a hoist/winch for recovering moose from the bog?

High lift jack in the cruiser. Another one is on the roof of the Ford. And yup, a game hoist/gin pole deal.

Replacing the other 3 window motors on the truck. Replaced one a long time ago and love how much faster it is.

Anyone tell you how much fun it is lol. 😂

Well, after at least 15 min of trying to screw the new one in, I gave up and inspected the hole. Realized Doorman does not thread the holes anymore. :bang:

Luckily I purchased a tap and die set last year...

View attachment 2430073

View attachment 2430071

View attachment 2430074
Hey where did you get those window motors (if you don't mind me asking)?
I def gotta replace mine sometime soon.

Removed the old broken name plate on the upper rear hatch. I kinda like it clean but might go with the 100 series look after I monstaliner it, or maybe leave it clean. Thoughts on adding badging on a surface that has liner?

p.s... no where near doing the liner just asking for now

20200912_162608.jpg

I have always wondered what it would look like to spray liner over the 100 series letters. For a cool understated look.

Anyone tried that?

For all those PHH complaints wait till you do this, my arms are still bruised!!

IMG_1388.jpg

Heard a faint ticking from the engine bay while coming back down a forest service road from some spec fishing while on a camping trip. thought oh must be exhaust manifold as i had that go on previous cruisers cause of our Canadian salt!! got out no sounds from that side but faint ticking from drivers side footwell, Ah-ha must be that pesky EGR, sure enough, felt the pipe that was closed off, it was hella loose, so figured a bolt must've come loose or a crack in the pipe! wish i had the time to order a nice blocking plate from Joey @NLXTACY but unfortunately i was on the road and still had 1000s of Km to go! most of which were on logging roads. SO non the less go a chunk of aluminum and made my own backing plate, took the skirting off and wheel and proceeded to spend well over an hour to tighten two bolts! took 2 days total arg!

IMG_1385.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1386.jpg

Engine out of truck in this picture, Green is PHH, red is what I was having fun with ^^^

IMG_1391.jpg

This made a big difference for me when I did this!! My throttle was pretty sticky.
Yeah, mine is so bad I have to be SO gentle accelerating from a stop or I throw my passengers back in their seats. Was that how yours was?

Finally finished the seat swap/carpet clean/new carpet insulation/sub relocation.
Dang that was a lot of work. But cruiser smells better, and my back thanks me!
PS. The right armrest is worth the whole thing.
A6E598E6-97A7-47AA-B27D-35F2CA847280.jpeg
B50B633B-C479-4052-BD19-E118EC391BED.jpeg
9DCB1F52-C655-4ACD-A059-5188F0FAF5DC.jpeg
0F8415E1-165C-45E8-8FFB-389737CDBF97.jpeg

D4C9AF75-D52E-477D-A719-B84F8B91A358.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom