What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered the little protector for under the radiator. Also helps to direct airflow. In Alabama, and Baja next year, I’ll take all the help...plus, I’m OCD and it bothers the hell out of me that this piece was missing when I bought it!

2A11658A-DC37-4750-B860-E26A0DF0AAF6.png

9BFA4241-2AFF-4783-9AD4-7B432F1CC1D9.png

FD07982F-F529-4634-B04D-09B684FF6065.png

Made a mount for my backup cam to go underneath the swing arm of my 4x4 labs bumper - it works great

Untitled by jeff elliott, on Flickr

Also added an aux fan given it's hot here in the south and I like cold AC... this I think has helped but that could be installer bias:

Also needed some space for a fuse holder so welded up some tabs on the washer bottle bracket I had previously bent / welded up and bent up a bracket (not pictured) to hold the front side - need to paint it but this is going to work great I think. The three wing nut mounts allow reasonably quick access to the air filter canister:

Also wanted a place to add / mount relays so bent some stock around the washer bottle and welded in some studs. This makes the relays accessible but yet keeps them out of the way in the engine bay. I like using the wing nuts as it makes getting access to each relay easier:

Just got a new top engine harness for my 95! I've been collecting parts the last few months for my head gasket job I'm planning on doing maybe this fall or winter. I temporarily fixed my harness near the EGR and wire tied the connector at the fuel rail. It's got 224k on it now and I figured I would replace the harness when I do the head gasket. Surprised it was still available!

IMG_20200827_141708576.jpg

IMG_20200827_141658517.jpg

Just got a new top engine harness for my 95! I've been collecting parts the last few months for my head gasket job I'm planning on doing maybe this fall or winter. I temporarily fixed my harness near the EGR and wire tied the connector at the fuel rail. It's got 224k on it now and I figured I would replace the harness when I do the head gasket. Surprised it was still available!

View attachment 2418065

View attachment 2418066

Interesting pick tag.

I ran that department for 26 years. It looks like TMS USA has added a depot in Phoenix. :hmm:

Interesting pick tag.

I ran that department for 26 years. It looks like TMS USA has added a depot in Phoenix. :hmm:

I'm more interested in the made in Vietnam on label. Since when did Toyota start sourcing out 80 series parts to Vietnam?

I'm more interested in the made in Vietnam on label. Since when did Toyota start sourcing out 80 series parts to Vietnam?

Toyota is a gigantic international company. I have seen stuff from North America, Mexico, Thailand, China, Vietnam, South America, Australia, and Europe. I'm sure there are other places.

Toyota is a gigantic international company. I have seen stuff from North America, Mexico, Thailand, China, Vietnam, Brazil, Australia and Europe. I'm sure there are other places.

Toyota, yuge? Ya don't say.

I'm going to buy a new engine harness to the tune of $550 and will check to see if it's also made in Vietnam. :D

Put the ARB bumper on...now to source a winch...

7859638E-A512-4F07-B8F8-91250FA6321C.jpeg

What are you thinking of going for with a winch?
I've been debating ponying up for a warn 12k or going with a s***tybuilt 12k

Probably the Warn XD9000i, I don’t go too hard out there and likely won’t use it more than a couple times a year, I want to get a nice enough one, just not toooo nice.

Probably the Warn XD9000i, I don’t go too hard out there and likely won’t use it more than a couple times a year, I want to get a nice enough one, just not toooo nice.
Look at your local classifieds. You may score a winch with little use in good shape for half the cost of new. Warn, Superwinch...common to find 9-12k options people are selling

Look at your local classifieds. You may score a winch with little use in good shape for half the cost of new. Warn, Superwinch...common to find 9-12k options people are selling

Yeah I’m checking pretty often. Thing about the Seattle area is there’s lots of other guys checking too.

Ha, you and me both (also in the seattle area looking for a winch for my 80 ARB)...

I found a $500 Warn 9000 a couple of months ago here in Austin. Lightly used it is not! : )

I’m in California for a few days. Trying to find some open trails near Irvine. Does anyone know of any?

A17B854B-0560-40A4-9AB3-B7A675AA0EC2.jpeg

You can sometimes...and I did...get the new and awesome winch from HF for $499. Synthetic line, remote wireless switch, fairlead, etc. I think it's called Badlands. Unless you have to have the 'name brand'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom