What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got my new-to-me sun visors!
They came from a 05 LS430. Now I just need to swap the mounting brackets from my old stock ones and figure out the wiring.

593DB9E1-825D-4365-869E-1B0AE8BD7998.jpeg

Just got my new-to-me sun visors!
They came from a 05 LS430. Now I just need to swap the mounting brackets from my old stock ones and figure out the wiring.

View attachment 2338130

FYI - I have these in my truck. I wish I didn't mess with the wiring because for the light to turn on, the unit needs to be completely slid over in the collapsed position. On the 80, if you flip it down, the light wont turn on. You have to pull it out from the mount, slide it towards the rear-view mirror, then it will turn on. Also, they will not rotate out to block the sun coming in from the drivers/passenger doors. Looking back I wish I saved my money and just used some magnets on the originals!

Went to Robert Moses State Park (NY) for an overnight and morning surf..

20200612_094615.jpg

Also finally pulled together my Scepter pressurized water parts - and it worked!
20200612_093551.jpg

As did my cutting board tailgate
20200612_095904.jpg

p.s. - also changed oil Rotella 5W40, serviced winch, replaced some circuit breakers and fuses due to age

Last edited:
Last weekend at Gold Mtn Big Bear

FYI - I have these in my truck. I wish I didn't mess with the wiring because for the light to turn on, the unit needs to be completely slid over in the collapsed position. On the 80, if you flip it down, the light wont turn on. You have to pull it out from the mount, slide it towards the rear-view mirror, then it will turn on. Also, they will not rotate out to block the sun coming in from the drivers/passenger doors. Looking back I wish I saved my money and just used some magnets on the originals!
Thanks for the heads up! I’ll leave the wires alone. My stock ones are really shot, but I guess I’ll keep them just in case I regret this swap.

Thought PHH was leaking but it was actually coming from above, dripping down from under the manifold pipe above PHH. Thought it was the bypass water hose that goes into Throttle Body but that hose seemed fine once I got it out. Have to fill up with distilled water and see if I have a leak still

Since I already ordered everything I replaced it anyway :flipoff2:PITA

20200607_141021.jpg

20200612_220759.jpg

20200613_114044.jpg

20200613_114352.jpg

20200613_114615.jpg

@hamishpotter Very cool idea. How much pressure are you adding and how long does it last? I have been thinking through adding a 12 volt pump to mine, but this may easier route to go.

Sorry to see you were out enjoying life 😁
Is your pressurized water a kit or DIY ? Nice to have
TIA

@36brua it's DIY. I saw the setup in an issue of Toyota Trails, I'll try to dig it up if you're interested

Studied Chilton repair manual that came with my 92 TLC to figure out what to use to top off power steering fluid until I can get reservoir leak repaired. I found some good info on this site. Hoping this "80" forum is the right page for me. My VIN starts with JT3FJ80.

40 lbs minimum per bag that's only and extra 2,400 lbs. Looks like your going to be in the market for a new set of springs soon.

Studied Chilton repair manual that came with my 92 TLC to figure out what to use to top off power steering fluid until I can get reservoir leak repaired. I found some good info on this site. Hoping this "80" forum is the right page for me. My VIN starts with JT3FJ80.
Welcome!

Chilton's isn't the best manual for your truck.

Read everything posted here by @jonheld as he's kinda the Guru of the 91-92 FJ80 with the 3FE. He also has a Factory Service Manual (FSM) he may share.

I believe they all require Dexron 3 for power steering fluid, but you need to check what's already in there or do a complete flush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom