What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (113 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It took two pipe wrench's, pb blaster and a cheater bar, but was able to break the seized tie rod end. Happily didn't need a torch! So, have all new triple 5 tie rod ends now. :)

Let me tell ya what now........I'm gonna call a couple of hard pipe-hittin' <...> to go work on the Holmes, here, with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. You hear me talking tie rod, boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight! I'm gon' get Medieval on your ass!

I got to spend a few hours exploring and hiking the river looking for some ducks. It was a beautiful winter day.
20191227_155730.jpg
20191227_164303.jpg
20191227_165852.jpg

For sometime I have been having a really low idle issue. Today I replaced some vacuum hoses and made sure the ones under the intake manifold were still connected. With the LC sitting for awhile I had to jump start the LC. Once I got it jumped I messed with a few things. The major one being the throttle cable, I adjusted the throttle cable as it was really loose. After the LC had warmed up completely I adjusted it so the idle was 650-750 RPM without the AC on, with the AC on it jumped to 800 RPM. The real test will be tomorrow AM when I try and start it again. Fingers crossed!!!

Started on the under body rust control. Minor rust. Wired brushed, degreased and pressure washed. Tomorrow Corroseal in all.the frame and suspension as well as differentials. Later top.coT with POR-15 Chassis Black and then Woolwax. Next is Alpine head unit, front and rear cams, speakers and them SCS 5-SPOKE F5's Gunmetal when they get here. Winch later then Prinsu rack.if I can get them shipped here. Metaltech sliders next month!

Gained some extra storage by deleting the rear heater core and put some new sheepskin covers in and detailed the interior. Also laid down some Noico while everything was out.
856FDDB7-3A82-41F1-9397-398B57825437.jpeg
B8619AE1-D168-4C58-874B-FA535E859C76.jpeg

Then, finished regearing my original tcase with all Sumo gears from Valley Hybrids. This one has all new seals, UD and 3.1:1.
C13B75AB-A428-493C-9C0E-81ABEAB31357.jpeg
BEC36D09-FC81-4FB7-9E3A-4AEEFF129DDC.jpeg
F8FA89DD-DADB-4D6A-A974-397C05DF7BAD.jpeg

Nice job Phil! Looks like you mounted a little further away than I.

Yes I could not the position I wanted or figure out how to get a solid mount like yours and you would not share :p In the end I like the mount a lot its very solid, excellent pattern, and Im able to fold the mirror out on in without any damage worry.

Recently acquired this awesome 40th Anniversary from a member on here. Washed it all up with Megs D111, McKees 37 Hydroblue on all the paint, windows prepped with McKees 37 glass restorer, Gyeon Prep and coated with McKees glass coating and wheels with McKees foaming wheel cleaner, Pinnacle clay bar/Optimum No Rinse as lube and protected with wheel glaze (little before and after with my finger print wipe). Now to replace that missing lug nut I noticed when cleaning...
20191229_163833.jpg
20191226_105745.jpg
20191226_113923.jpg

Beautiful 40th! About that brush bar though… ;)

What’s the process and result of the glass restorer?

Resolved my panhard correction and radius arm relocation mount designs, and started on my rear lower link mount reinforcements (- the 80 series gets pretty complicated back there!)

Can't wait for what you come up with!

Can't wait for what you come up with!

I admit, this one is taking some contemplation time - Toyota literally hung the rear link mount off the inside of the frame rail here! :)

- clearing the gas tank (for removal) is the bigger issue though.

- got my thinking cap on (I think)

I admit, this one is taking some contemplation time - Toyota literally hung the rear link mount off the inside of the frame rail here! :)

- clearing the gas tank (for removal) is the bigger issue though.

- got my thinking cap on (I think)

I have the utmost respect for your process, after seeing all your other products i know it'll be worth it!

Found the rattle in the right rear corner. There were two amps, an 8" speaker mounted on particle board, t-shirt, house insulation, and a towel. Wiring was a rats nest, not how I'd do it. The left rear corner had a used cracked accessory belt and rusty tool kit. I had not looked behind the panels since I bought it. Hopefully there's nothing else hiding in corners or behind panels. Guess I should really look over everything before I ever cross a boarder 😂.

Also changed out the rear diff gear oil, it was nasty. Honestly don't know when or if the previous owner ever changed the rear diff gear oil.

Only fluids I have left to change/flush are power steering and transmission.

IMG_20191228_122325.jpg

IMG_20191229_093722.jpg

IMG_20191229_092637.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom