What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (84 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like you're burning a little oil in #1, as it has some ash on it. Same with #3. The rest look pretty normal, but they had some wear on them.
Yeah these have at least 40k on them but maybe more. Bought truck with 220k and it now has 260k on it. Normally I’d get to plugs much sooner after buying a higher mileage vehicle but it’s been running well and there have been many other priorities greater than plugs

Just wrapped up the passenger seat with some fancy new leather. Been looking at write ups and I’m pretty sure everyone’s been doing it wrong, or I simply couldn’t find a good write up, I dunno. Prob gonna do a write up when I do the driver seat. Land Cruiser Heaven’s gonna have my booty feelin fresh and fruity in no time

D76E4845-C0F5-4024-A09E-15D19DDDDB3E.jpeg

Just wrapped up the passenger seat with some fancy new leather. Been looking at write ups and I’m pretty sure everyone’s been doing it wrong, or I simply couldn’t find a good write up, I dunno. Prob gonna do a write up when I do the driver seat. Land Cruiser Heaven’s gonna have my booty feelin fresh and fruity in no time

View attachment 2031976

Please do a good write up! I have new leather inbound.....

All the way through?

:bounce:
No, we camped in the over flow area across the creek from Airport Flat and day tripped into Spider Lake Friday and Saturday. The water was perfect. It was a very busy weekend up there all over.

Unfortunately, we had to cancel Rubithon due to it being postponed and conflicting with our trip to Montana.

I taught the boys the all important lessons of proper tow strap usage with their first land cruisers. Next weekend will be locker operation.
5CD0391C-E4C2-4F49-BA8A-219688C5A5A9.jpeg

Last edited:
After discussing fan clutches the other day and my truck running a tad hotter than normal in this current heat wave I looked back through my records and had put 20K fluid in my blue clutch last year. Ordered some 30K to swap out before a couple longer trips I have planned in a few weeks. Hopefully that'll get me back down sub 190*. I've seen up to 205* this week.

After discussing fan clutches the other day and my truck running a tad hotter than normal in this current heat wave I looked back through my records and had put 20K fluid in my blue clutch last year. Ordered some 30K to swap out before a couple longer trips I have planned in a few weeks. Hopefully that'll get me back down sub 190*. I've seen up to 205* this week.

I've been looking into similar stuff but trying to figure out what fan clutch I have exactly. I have a 1997 40th with the stock clutch. Can someone inform me with what they came with from the factory?

I've been looking into similar stuff but trying to figure out what fan clutch I have exactly. I have a 1997 40th with the stock clutch. Can someone inform me with what they came with from the factory?

Mine was the Eaton clutch originally. Supposedly they will work fine with some tweaks too.

Not sure if it’ll actually happen but my goal is to start this bad boy up by this weekend. It’s been really slow because I’ve been waiting on pieces and because I’ve just been ridiculously busy.

The PHH hell starts tomorrow and I should have distributor, wires, cap, rotor, condenser, radiator ready by tomorrow. Gonna try and get the power steering kit done as well. Fingers crossed.

CECF951A-BB17-43C5-B3F1-CC3B63E32B4B.jpeg
45F2ABFB-A857-409A-9FE7-5E33B3216D82.jpeg
3579A898-0059-4FDD-9523-92DD14B0D7BA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom