What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last night was this year’s last super moon so I took advantage and hit the trail. Rain on a pop top is one of the finer things in life IMO and it rained all night only to wake the clear sunny skies. It’s going to be a great day
CD3352F7-AF04-4EBF-B225-12E8664C9439.jpeg

I bought a set of prinsu side rails a while ago to explore the possibility of doing something similar. I am really interested to see how yours turns out! I figured I would build a rectangular lid and use a westfalia top material for the tent portion.

Funny you should have the same idea.. That is exactly what I did, cut up my Prinsu rack to mount my Expo III. I even used the 80/20 cross beams for part of my sleeping platform that raises up so you can stand up and walk around inside of the vehicle. It works really well!
The way I designed the sleep system/tent entry, I can enter through the sunroof with ease and can use the exterior ladder on the passenger side.
Its amazing on how easy it is to use the sunroof, this was my biggest concern on the planning stage as my wife wants to be able to "get below" without going outside.

Over the weekend, much to my dismay and heartbreaking disappointment, the D light finally went out at 292,300 miles. What’s next, my electric antenna not working?
View attachment 1933127
I'm at 255,000 on my 91 and my D light works when it wants to and doesn't when it's in a bad mood. Who knows maybe yours will decide to turn back on one day.

Over the weekend, much to my dismay and heartbreaking disappointment, the D light finally went out at 292,300 miles. What’s next, my electric antenna not working?
View attachment 1933127

Try smacking the dash a few times, if that doesn’t fix it then I would suggest selling it and get something more reliable.

Try smacking the dash a few times, if that doesn’t fix it then I would suggest selling it and get something more reliable.

Careful with that. You could crack your discontinued dash pad:worms:

I’ll hit the dash with a closed fist maybe that way I can get the light to come on and create another cup folder. Win win.

Holy cow that actually worked. Let me know where to sent payment.
DC92C8B4-6C40-4AC5-B061-636B40DEF04A.jpeg

Ordered a front set of window runs and a new window regulator for my rig. Time to have some windows that go up and down at a normal speed again! Next will be the rear slider rubber.

Well La De Da, Mr. Fancy.

Low and Slow for my windows :cool:

Well after removing the old runs and cleaning them I noticed they were pretty cracked and brittle. The regulator wheels were pretty wallowed out as well so at 25 years old and 330k miles strong she deserved it haha.

Last night was this year’s last super moon so I took advantage and hit the trail. Rain on a pop top is one of the finer things in life IMO and it rained all night only to wake the clear sunny skies. It’s going to be a great day
View attachment 1933287
How do you mount your spare? I don't see the LCP carrier in there...

How do you mount your spare? I don't see the LCP carrier in there...

Its a LCP special system :grinpimp: I have mounting and structural shelving stuff (like our Puma mount but not) between the tire and side combined with ratchet strap.

Well La De Da, Mr. Fancy.

Low and Slow for my windows :cool:

Low and slow with the gangsta lean to the left is the only way to roll in an 80 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom