What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would love a pic of wiring from panel to controller Ive delayed for a while trying to figure out neatest most buletproof way to wire it.

Most all the wiring is hidden making it bulletproof.:grinpimp: I have an open plenum between my top and roof. Panel wires drop into the corner of the top, out the corner floor, through the open plenum, down the rear pillar into the controller. The controller is a Victron MPPT Bluetooth by the Blue top Optima in the little upside down blue box.

put second set of mud grapplers on her got 70K out of last ones and they still had teeth, also repainted my landcruiser grills grille and installed a new 10 in light bar. Oh my ever growing collection of yota DC driveshafts

View attachment 1902754

Who makes the new 10" light bar? Review?

Being stuck here at home is killing me but Im getting some long awaited project done. Replaced the 100watt solar flex panel on the roof today.
IH8 removing VHB tape:bang: You know you are screwed when you call 3M engineering about removing VHB tape and they tell you is make not to be removed WTF!

View attachment 1902654View attachment 1902655

I have used VHB tape to attach active RFID tags to equipment in the oil field. Once it cures, the best method is a sledge hammer. I have successfully pried one off using a screw driver with a sharpened tip but it was pretty tough work.

Its spilling coolant in the reserve tank. And have observed that coolant level is getting down in radiator too.
first i changed its radiator cap, but no good sign.
now going to dismantle whole radiator, will service it, will check the water body, hose & connections, and T-Valve.
it was going v. good and never reduced coolant level. now suddenly started but no bubbles in radiator. lets see.

Lights look great and match your roof mounted lights!
Are they KC's?
Yea they are I didnt realize the little gold rings came out and can be replaced with a different color the rigid 10in bar was beat.

Upgraded reverse light bulbs with high powered LEDs. Better vision with this light output.

Left - New, Right - old

Both changed up

Went to Tahoe again.
Saw this very nice 70 that parked next to me at Squaw on Saturday; think it is @MTN77 IIRC?
View attachment 1902519
Then I came out to it buried in snow at Northstar the next day. What a great feeling it was being able to just back out of that mess while everyone else was out there with shovels digging their cars/trucks out. :p
View attachment 1902518
My son wanted to help clean it off, knock yourself out kid! :)
View attachment 1902517
View attachment 1902516
Nice! I missed the blizzard and yesterday would have been epic. Last Wednesday was Heavenly though. 🆒

Got around to installing the caster correction Friday night in prep to take her on date night Saturday. First time my wife has ridden in the new LX. Welded off the plates on mine and a friend's identical LX Saturday morning. Got the stomach bug Sunday...lost 10 lbs!

Rear brake job and headed for Big Bear.
Had a great time with the fam and pulled my buddy’s Rubicon a couple times as he was trying to keep up. Late in the day we found a solo driver in a Tacoma Trd stranded on our steep climb out. We turned him around and lead them to an easier way out of the mountain.
Finished it with the best Mexican food on the Mountain.

Check this video if you have a minute

Last edited:
I got one of these to replace my paper clip at some point...

Rear brake job and headed for Big Bear.
Had a great time with the fam and pulled my buddy’s Rubicon a couple times as he was trying to keep up. Late in the day we found a solo driver in a Tacoma Trd stranded in our steep climb out. We turned him around and lead them to an easier way out of the mountain.
Finished it with the best Mexican food on the Mountain.

View attachment 1903055

Check this video if you have a minute
which trial in Big bear??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom