What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (107 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quoting a friend...let the mods begin!

Installed some $20 neoprene seat covers from Walmart. Removed seats and pulled of all trim pieces then covers then reinstalled trim and back. Fit nice. We'll see how long they last. Added rear air chuck as well

20180831_152541.jpg

20180831_152605.jpg

20180831_155923.jpg

Last edited:
The weekend started early rear tire carrier is done!

Hey @voodu3 , what color and type of coating is on your rig? Is it a bedliner or something else?

Many thanks!

Hey @voodu3 , what color and type of coating is on your rig? Is it a bedliner or something else?

Many thanks!
It’s John Deere implement paint. The color is blitz black. I used rattle cans but you can get it in gallons for paint gun. I painted it in sections it turned out pretty good. It’s a solid 25’ paint job. I can touch it up pretty easily if needed. Thanks

Got my ac recharged today! Blows ice cubes!

Reactions: RFB
just in time for winter! :rofl:

Better late than never! Poor girl hadn’t gotten a lot of attention over the last 6 months. Brother in law charged it up for a case of beer.

Got a 80 series cargo barrier for $50 wasn’t sure it would fit the Sahara with rear air con, but it does perfectly ! Was worth the $50 as I thought I may have had to alter it to fit but it’s all good !

Even a 2018 Outback doesn’t have even cup holders...

9004E721-5A78-477B-ADFD-0AA990A4890C.jpeg

Added a PUMA on board air compressor! I know, using a ratchet strap for mounting it is not ideal, I plan to do something much more robust in the future...
IMG_20180901_141722.jpg

Changed the oil again today. A cut down Delo container makes a great screw in funnel.
D506B5E6-E38F-4D87-8D2C-5C9D0722879D.jpeg

Didn't do anything to the 80, but I did get about 24 hours of seat time as it took me and my son to the Grand Canyon and back for a week of backpacking with my father. It didn't miss a beat and averaged about 14.5mpg the entire time.

Canyon1.jpeg
grand3.jpg

33's frnt shot on the 80 clarks cove2018.jpg
from the other weekend - surfcasting run to shagwong pt. beach gets skinny and oil pan busting rocks, so most don't do the run, but it put me on the bite.

the 80 w 33x10.5's is the best beach buggy so far, been doing it 30 years, had a 86 sr5 p/u in 91, that's the runner up, then CJ7 in third place, 05 rubicon in 4th and ram diesel ranked dead last b/c I need to go from 65 psi to 20...then air up when done. The fj80 - I should have done it years ago.

Last edited:
Didn't do anything to the 80, but I did get about 24 hours of seat time as it took me and my son to the Grand Canyon and back for a week of backpacking with my father. It didn't miss a beat and averaged about 14.5mpg the entire time.

View attachment 1780042 View attachment 1780044

That’s pretty good water consumption for Grand Canyon hiking in the summer.

So I decided to take vacation to paint my Cruiser with tintable Upol Raptor liner. I love the product but it did not go as planned. I mixed Sunset Bronze Mica with Raptor liner and sprayed ! Needles to say the color that can out was not what I expected. Need to figure out if I can paint over the liner. If so, what paint can I use ? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

BCAF6982-06A0-405C-B079-86E771B5769D.jpeg

AAC34DAD-FB4F-4E67-B31C-0FE3BA9ED275.jpeg

I’ve had some wind noise from the doors for awhile. New door seals helped. While repairing the floppy side mirror on the DS I noticed that a lot of the trim uses some sort of thin butyl like gasket. Mine had failed as well as the trim being torn in the screw passages. I used rtv to seal the torn trim and a trip the Orielly’s for butyl rope. I butyled he beejebus out of it and the air noise is now almost completely gone. I discovered I have many rattles to track down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom