What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The snow was great up there, some friends and I were up there Saturday, same road. I think we saw you guys parked off in the trees, or at least what looked like some Land Cruisers. Looks like you found the really deep stuff! That place is beautiful in the snow.

Yep, that was probably us! A bunch of Toyotas save for one Montero. We stayed a couple nights up there in the rain and the snow. Tried to take the road to the summit on Saturday, but only got a couple miles before we parked and split off into groups for shooting and snowshoeing.

Oh well lets hope I can cancel the order come monday, if not I'll make them work... I did order through paypal, so maybe there's recourse through them ?

Order Cancelled !!!

Catch anything with the tip up?

Jealous of your ice. We’ve had a rough couple of winters down here in Iowa. Where are you in south Canada?

Im in minneapolis area and this was on lake minnetonka west of twin cities. There is 26" of ice already (and counting). I caught 3 pike friday in the 2-7 pound range. Super fun way to catch northern. Cheers!

So what did this weekend?
Once a year our group departs on a voyage to desert I call it roster and chickens trip with wives, or as my wife calls it "shake before use"
Usually we meet at the last gas station available before entering the trail, but with the wife we met at the last shopping mall for coffee in coffee out at "Aroma",
Aroma is Israeli network equivalent to Starbucks. But unlike Starbucks serving coffee made roasted donkey dongs Aroma serves excellent coffee. We all kept our credit cards close to our chest for some of us it didn't work so well.

View attachment 1621598 View attachment 1621599

We chose a route through the Large Crater or the Hatira Crater this is the geological park full of fossils of marine animals and forests. There are also sites of natural colored sand in a variety of colors.
The Large Crater is the smallest Crater that is visible by naked eye from the moon.
At the entrance to the crater we stoped to deflate tires, the chickens had to take selfy pictures

View attachment 1621600 View attachment 1621601 View attachment 1621602

Berachah Nati, very nice!

The HaMakhtesh HaGadol would be a sight to see in the Negev desert!..very jealous

How many miles from nearest town and what were the temps this time of year?

Good to see it raining there, I hear it is much needed ;)

Berachah Nati, very nice!

The HaMakhtesh HaGadol would be a sight to see in the Negev desert!..very jealous

How many miles from nearest town and what were the temps this time of year?

Good to see it raining there, I hear it is much needed ;)

@woodsman 44 2 miles from nearest city

מכתש.JPG
temp.JPG

Im in minneapolis area and this was on lake minnetonka west of twin cities. There is 26" of ice already (and counting). I caught 3 pike friday in the 2-7 pound range. Super fun way to catch northern. Cheers!

Nice. We lost a lot of ice down here. We were at roughly 14-16” two weeks ago. Down to 7-8”. Ice is still strong but this week will determine if things are done down here or not.

Order Cancelled !!!
An absolutely horrible company. Placed an order with them (without doing any research like a dumbass) and experienced problem after problem and some of the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced - the two guys I spoke too were nothing short of rude as well.

Never again.

FCEAB516-B841-4964-8153-09AE67AE050E.jpeg
A7243AA0-BF9B-485C-925E-92B441BE6936.jpeg
1F2CE363-8312-4828-9F56-134C04A9B90E.jpeg
80C9FEA9-E4F5-49F1-BB70-CE63AB564692.jpeg
8B7D99E1-17DE-48EA-974E-D6BB0FA1D65B.jpeg
Wife and I cruised up to Coloradee for a couple days...snowed on Friday. Had some fun plowing around on some forest roads. Took a pic of someone’s 40...she kept sayin’ how cute it was...wish I would’ve known That Girls liked 40’s in my 20’s! Saw a pretty blue 60 series too.

Zona

Spent a long weekend in Moab and Canyonlands, with my son @ExpoMax, and my father. Beautiful country, great wheeling and exploring. I also got the bonus of seeing my old 80 on 40's with my son behind the wheel. That thing is a beast. We ran Hell Revenge, Fins and Things, hit Area BFE and did some White Rim Road and Potash Road too.
moabgall3-1.jpg
moabgall3-2.jpg
moabgall3-3.jpg

View attachment 1622934 View attachment 1622935 View attachment 1622936 View attachment 1622937 View attachment 1622938 Wife and I cruised up to Coloradee for a couple days...snowed on Friday. Had some fun plowing around on some forest roads. Took a pic of someone’s 40...she kept sayin’ how cute it was...wish I would’ve known That Girls liked 40’s in my 20’s! Saw a pretty blue 60 series too.

Zona

Everyone knows chicks dig 40s. If she doesn’t dig 40s, run away.

Wasn't the weekend, but.......

New alternator belts
New AC belt
New Oil Cap
New PS Cap
New Gas Cap
Oil Change with QS 5W30 and Wix 51515 Oil Filter (Yeah...I know about it....)

Pulled an oil sample for annual Blackstone analysis.

Runs a lot quieter now!

The little one decided to perform a visual inspection of her future vehicle (she'll be 1 in a few weeks). Her favorite part so far is the license plate.

View attachment 1623133

Wow, somebody hasn't been sparing with their clay bar. That paint looks fantastic.

Replaced the O2 sensors. The existing nuts were in awesome shape.

That's what mine looked like a couple years ago. I thought I blew the exhaust, as I would step on it and it would beller, then as I let off, it got MUCH quieter. It would push out the O2 sensor, then it would drop back in as I went on and off the throttle. New carbon steel nuts, gaskets, and washers and lots of hi temp anti-sieze, and they were good to go again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom