What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (142 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a new head unit, the one that came with it sucked something awful and I had an extra pioneer in the shop. The harness was such a hacked up piece of crap I'm amazed that it even worked. I also found out why the center console was loose. Where the bolts in the bottom are supposed to be was a piece of 3/4 plywood cut into about a 6" square with little felt feet on it and it was bolted to the floor, then the console was just set on it... Removed that and bolted the console down. Is this some mod that doesn't make sense to me yet?

Color me intrigued...

You don't say? :hmm: I still need to buy a new one. Keep posted.
In the meantime @arcteryx (cruiseryard.com) has them.

Yep. It will be very cool. I've purchased my last plastic clam shell. I think it is 14 now that I have purchased over the years. I'm sick of breaking them. At around $100+ each. Stay tuned...

Only person I know running the new KM3 is the overland bound guy.

He frequent here?
Not sure if he's on here. That looks like a Hanna rear bumper too. Not very common anymore.

Installed two USB ports. With my phone mount just on the dash, this makes for a clean look.

IMG_4239.JPG

IMG_4241.JPG

Since I had to rip all the carpet out to clean it up, I decided to take off the stock leather on the front seats in preparation for some new LSeat leather. It’s really not that bad of a job, but we’ll see if I change my mind after the new leather goes on.

7002C3F7-F565-407B-B7D2-8BC10481A329.jpeg

3928BD29-E972-43A7-AB52-442EFB4AF61A.jpeg

42E95072-7E71-4DF9-AA86-6BCC2076907B.jpeg

Since I had to rip all the carpet out to clean it up, I decided to take off the stock leather on the front seats in preparation for some new LSeat leather. It’s really not that bad of a job, but we’ll see if I change my mind after the new leather goes on.

View attachment 1617902

Looks like Wolverine owned this truck before you did.

Incessant winter rain in Seattle finally made my sunroof start leaking. Got a magnetic sign as a bandaid until I have a chance to fix it. Figured as long as I was getting a sign...
2246508817074207601.jpg

... I may as well make it look neat, right?

Sign was ordered from esigns.com using a pic I took with my cell phone. They did a great job - quality material, good seal on the car, print quality is very good, cost was about $55 shipped.

Incessant winter rain in Seattle finally made my sunroof start leaking. Got a magnetic sign as a bandaid until I have a chance to fix it. Figured as long as I was getting a sign... View attachment 1617984

Sign was ordered from esigns.com using a pic I took with my cell phone. They did a great job - quality material, good seal on the car, print quality is very good, cost was about $55 shipped.

That's pretty cool. Has it passed the freeway speed test yet? Driver's side looks to have a small gap in the seal at the front edge that air could catch, and the whole thing could be shifted towards the passenger side to center it on the roof.

That's pretty cool. Has it passed the freeway speed test yet? Driver's side looks to have a small gap in the seal at the front edge that air could catch, and the whole thing could be shifted towards the passenger side to center it on the roof.

Not yet. Good catch on the small rise on the right. That's why I shifted the sign slightly more in that direction. Full test should be today as the nanny uses it to ferry the kids around. I'm 100% confident that if it rattles, whistles, or just flies off completely our dear nanny will do me the professional courtesy of not saying a single ******* thing - or even notice that it happened at all. Why, it's almost like she's a member of the family.

Looks good. Maybe run a bead of silicone around the edges and smooth to create a seal for moisture seep and keep air from getting underneath.

Looks good. Maybe run a bead of silicone around the edges and smooth to create a seal for moisture seep and keep air from getting underneath.

Was thinking about that. If I applied a bead of silicon and left it on for about 8 months (it's a long rainy season here), do you think that would cause any other issues? Paint wear, stains, hard to remove, etc?

Was thinking about that. If I applied a bead of silicon and left it on for about 8 months (it's a long rainy season here), do you think that would cause any other issues? Paint wear, stains, hard to remove, etc?

If it does, it's up on the roof where nobody will ever see it.

Incessant winter rain in Seattle finally made my sunroof start leaking. Got a magnetic sign as a bandaid until I have a chance to fix it. Figured as long as I was getting a sign... View attachment 1617984

Cool idea, bookmarked...

Should be fine. And like people said, it's out of site up there for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom