What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can’t even imagine what they are going thru
Don’t know for sure but the two in the background leads me to believe that no humans were injured...could’ve been much worse

These trucks make great hunting rigs for sure. And tarps make for an easy cleanup. 800lbs of awesome there in the back.

2F9327E5-6B96-46CF-B7D7-5E57F9CFA218.jpeg

Someone’s 80 in Death Valley. I’m not there but a friend is. They could smell gas then something happened that caused the fuel tank to ignite which exploded the two 5 gal cans and then exploded the 20lb CO2 tank into shrapnel. Waiting for more info.

View attachment 1563309 View attachment 1563310 View attachment 1563311 View attachment 1563312 View attachment 1563313

Damn. That is some scary sh!t! That had to have gone up quick. I wonder if it's someone on here?!

Did you bother with matching up the original mileage or did you just roll with all the zeros?
Was done by Toyota dealership. They wouldn’t set it to the actual mileage...so running with 6 total miles right now! Kinda cool but now will have to go to DMV and have an odometer true mileage unknown certificate. Truck only had 124k actual miles on it.

Did you bother with matching up the original mileage or did you just roll with all the zeros?

I drove a zero mileage cruiser out of the garage after a new one went in.
Glad @ewillis is up rolling on...

Ps. If somebody wants the old one to fiddle with just say so.

Went up to Elk/ Deer camp. Saw no elk and only small deer. After 17 miles of hiking and 5,000 feet in elevation gain I came home defeated:frown: Then saw a big ol buck cruiser right past the land cruiser at my parents place:bang: I guess they have me figured out.View attachment 1563139View attachment 1563140View attachment 1563141View attachment 1563142View attachment 1563143

Haha, that buck picture is perfect :rofl: On thursday morning I saw a small herd of deer using a pedestrian crosswalk (one of the ones where the pedestrian pushes a button to make lights flash and then walks out into traffic, it's a Boulder thing). 5 does and 2 bucks, one of them an 8 pointer like the one at your folks' house... just politely crossing the road in a busy part of town while traffic stopped and waited.

Someone’s 80 in Death Valley. I’m not there but a friend is. They could smell gas then something happened that caused the fuel tank to ignite which exploded the two 5 gal cans and then exploded the 20lb CO2 tank into shrapnel. Waiting for more info.]

Real bummer...but that doesn't look like an 80 to me. The tailgate, door handles and knuckle look wrong to me, more like a 100. Sure sucks either way and is a reminder I need to get an extinguisher asap.

Last edited:
Hit the front bumper here, bent it.

Tagged the slider and flare...

Colorado does that well...the flares and rear bumper ends on my last 80 were removed more than once by the scenery. I need a rear bumper on this rig too. There's just something about CO and rocks and trees that means if you don't wants parts laying on the ground you need armor.:steer:

Past 2 weeks ...

Began disassembly for paint and wrap prep
Dorkel install ... nightmare
Gamiviti gears x3 seats
PHH bypass on Cruiser ... still having flashbacks and my need counseling or meds
Wiper arms sanded clean and repainted
In-line oil catch can mod prepped for install
Door handle replacement on Cruiser
Holes plugged in floor on Cruiser
New hood and tailgate struts installed

Still no wheeling. Maybe some day next year at this rate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom