What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got to do a bit or snow wheeling and hiked a couple miles in with my brother and son to get Christmas trees. Well worth it!
IMG_20161203_194459.jpg
20161203_161746.jpg

:flipoff2::flipoff2:
image.jpeg

Well, opened the hood to install a new part, and as usual the gas shock let go and tried to decapitate me...but I was ready this time. Only today, the oil in the shock suddenly exploded from the bottom of the piston with a big sizzling hiss.

And dribbled down off my mud flap.

Ironically, back to that new part. Yep.
I call it the Head Keeper 5000. :flipoff2:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW !! what a shot !! makes me want to frame this in my man cave.. beautiful ! how many miles does she have on her ?

Thanks. Just a jaunt over 200. I'm pretty happy with her.

The irony of this shot is, I really meant to frame the rainbow so it would like like it was exiting from my DNF antenna! Oh well. This worked too.

Tallest rig at Cars and Coffee in emeryville today. Not the coolest but definitely the most used one! This was the last rigs left at the end for picture time. Fun day. Black Diamond Cafe in emeryville for you bay area folks. Owner comped a bomb breakfast bagel and drink for all 25ish people who drove rigs in!

20161204_125445.jpg

Great meeting you! Dave said he'll be doing another one in a month or so.

Got my Blue Sea fuse terminal mounted and some accessories run to it. Blue Sea 80amp breaker on a bracket like @NLXTACY used. Except mine is much crappier and fabbed out of scrap sheet metal I had with a hammer and wood! I'll have a heavier/nicer one fabbed.

I love how much cleaner everything is without inline fuses all over the top of the battery.

I changed my diff fluid. I will never get used to that smell.

Also did the charcoal canister mod of @LandCruiserPhil buy had a million things going on and put the damn canister back together without drilling out the BB!

So I called it a day and slapped a bunch of stickers on to make me feel better!

This is awesome looking, I have been trying to figure out how to clean up my engine bay to install a HAM mobile and a couple of lights, this is perfect. Thanks!

This is awesome looking, I have been trying to figure out how to clean up my engine bay to install a HAM mobile and a couple of lights, this is perfect. Thanks!

I stole the idea from @NLXTACY. His is MUCH MUCH cleaner set up!!

Drove to my buddy's house in the ghetto. Man the turbo really likes the cool weather :) I'm thinking I'll get an "after" dyno scheduled soon since nothing appears to be blowing up and the weather is pretty similar to my "before" dyno.

:flipoff2::flipoff2:View attachment 1361906
Well, opened the hood to install a new part, and as usual the gas shock let go and tried to decapitate me...but I was ready this time. Only today, the oil in the shock suddenly exploded from the bottom of the piston with a big sizzling hiss.

And dribbled down off my mud flap.

Ironically, back to that new part. Yep.
I call it the Head Keeper 5000. :flipoff2:

View attachment 1361907
Everyone should have one of these, one of the first things I did to my 80

Does getting ready for the weekend count? Bought a friends RTT and we got it mounted up..... like way up there. :eek: Doesn't seem like Im running that much lift (just J's), but when you combo that with racks and tent :eek:

I may need to re-consider my original plan of a trailer. But for now......
View attachment 1359909 View attachment 1359910

What color is that coating?

What color is that coating?
Tan.

:lol: Know clue to be honest, the owner of the place that shot it has a mini truck in the same color. I just pointed to his rig and said that color.

Left for work this morning. Got about two blocks from my house and CEL came on. So I turned around and went back home. Swapped the charcoal canister in instead of the inline fuel filter. Pulled the fuse and let the ECU reset.

Drive a block or so and CEL came back on. So turned around and went back and actually checked the code. (FYI, having the washer bottle relocated for a second battery is inconvenient for the diagnostic port). Put my jumper in and got code 5-5. #2 knock sensor. I'm not sure where this is but it's probably by the fuel filter and I damaged it while replacing the fuel filter.

Any harm to drive with it as is?

Left for work this morning. Got about two blocks from my house and CEL came on. So I turned around and went back home. Swapped the charcoal canister in instead of the inline fuel filter. Pulled the fuse and let the ECU reset.

Drive a block or so and CEL came back on. So turned around and went back and actually checked the code. (FYI, having the washer bottle relocated for a second battery is inconvenient for the diagnostic port). Put my jumper in and got code 5-5. #2 knock sensor. I'm not sure where this is but it's probably by the fuel filter and I damaged it while replacing the fuel filter.

Don't believe so, but your gas mileage may drop dramatically (believe with the report of the knock sensor out the truck will run in "safe mode"

The connectors are brittle and break easy. I swapped mine out when doing the fuel filter and broke one while trying to remove the plug. I have one that is in good working order if you want it.

The connectors are brittle and break easy. I swapped mine out when doing the fuel filter and broke one while trying to remove the plug. I have one that is in good working order if you want it.

Yeah, I've read about people breaking them when doing the PHH. Didn't even think about it when I was doing the fuel filter.

I just ordered a denso one from flea bay. The link @LandCruiserPhil posted. I saw you ordered them as well. How long did it take?

Yeah, I've read about people breaking them when doing the PHH. Didn't even think about it when I was doing the fuel filter.

I just ordered a denso one from flea bay. The link @LandCruiserPhil posted. I saw you ordered them as well. How long did it take?
Maybe two weeks, I don't remember it being too long of a wait. But I didn't have an urgent need to install them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom