What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (109 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some pretty good condition stuff from a junkyard. Front mudflaps to go on after the running boards come back off. They are a bit dingy, but should clean up nice.
image.jpeg

Felt like I needed some more Toyota representation up front, so got the old style 80 front grill. Will get it painted and modified to fit my '95, and post some pics when Its done. Have a great week!
image.jpeg

View attachment 1296041 View attachment 1296043 View attachment 1296046 View attachment 1296050 I put my spare tire on after my left rear came off and passed us going 65mph on I80 descending Donner summit on our way home from the Gold Rush run up at Gold lake. Was good times. Everyone I me were great, interesting people. That tire was like a missle that continued into the wooded median nearly a quarter mile. Two very nice guys stopped to help us get her big ass up off the ground and back on the road.

Glad your ok! I thought I saw you parked at that town as I rolled through......

I'm curious how that Ozark Trail HP cooler is working out for you.

DangerCl0se - the cooler has been great! I use it in conjunction with the inexpensive igloo cooler... basically use the Ozark to transport ice blocks for recharging the cheap cooler. I absolutely love it and you can't beat them for the $.

Glad your ok! I thought I saw you parked at that town as I rolled through......
We stopped in that small town to eat. The tire came off going west on I80. Luckily my break rotors are due to be replaced anyway because that left rear rotor got ground down a bit. Two studs broke off and one bent. Manage to get 4 lug nuts on that tire for a safe trip home. Never had a problem with lug nuts before but you can bet that I will be checking mine more often.

Just FYI, the new locker harness you are ordering will have a hard plastic (similar to ARB air hose) breather line in the loom with the wiring. The hose is meant to be inserted into the short stub of rubber hose you still have on your locker actuator. It extends the breather at least as high as the top of the frame (same level your stock diff breathers should have been...) Of course, it doesn't hurt to extend it further than that, but the fact that the stock breather is already secured in the wire loom is pretty handy. Your rear locker harness should also have a breather hose in it.

I was planning on extending the breather up in to the engine compartment like the front diff breather. Don't know that it's necessary but it can't hurt...

Got some pretty good condition stuff from a junkyard. Front mudflaps to go on after the running boards come back off. They are a bit dingy, but should clean up nice.
View attachment 1296384
Felt like I needed some more Toyota representation up front, so got the old style 80 front grill. Will get it painted and modified to fit my '95, and post some pics when Its done. Have a great week!
View attachment 1296385

Anything but pigtails. Sweet baby Jeebus, my Kryptonite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom