What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (82 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish I was as good at finding spots as you people. Someone needs to type up trail maps and scenic spots for dummies for me....

Just pick up a trail book off of Amazon or your favorite bookstore (remember those? Kinda hard to find nowadays). The trail I was on was really easy, except for the ascent to the radio tower. There is an easier way up though.
This. And other stuff. I had the advantage (?) of being unemployed for long periods of time off and on so I took the kids on day hikes or camping trips. Cheap fun. We sought out cool swimming holes. Or just stuff off the beaten track.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Used it for overnight accommodations and base camp for a 6 hr endurance race on the mountain bike.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Went down the Cowboy Trail (Hiway22), to Crowsnest Pass. My wife was running in a team at Sinister 7, a 160Km ultra trail race. Some pretty rugged terrain, we also were there to support a few runners that were doing the full distance solo! Pretty cool place with Frank Slide, 100 year old town and mine sites, and 4x4 access fishing holes.

My wife and I went to The Cove Campground's range - which is not easy for a non off road vehicle. Spent the day in 90 degree heat shooting the hell out of targets. Wife tried sighted in her Model 700™ CDL DM. She's DEADLY accurate with just about any fire arm.

Didn't take any pictures, but we took a tough trail and cycled through 4L and front and rear lockers. Love this vehicle!

I retrieved it from the body shop, after my son wrecked my 3-inch lifted 119K vehicle it with a frontender. I went out and purchased an identical 80 with over 300K and provided it to the body shop to cannibalize. After two months I got it back and will be treating it to a rear ARB bumper and new tires and wheels.

Film or it's fiction!

well my lady sewed these bug screens for me , and I tried them out on the 4th , 5th ... they work great ! I know it probably looks janky , but I'm all about function and not necessarily how it looks ! This weekend going to Desolation/ crystal springs area just west of the rubicon for an annual camp ! got my futon mattress in the back, by zero gravity chair, 4 pillows... it'll be nice and comfy ! also have my "custom" truck awning with a tarp , zip ties, and rope that will be constructed at the camp ! ha

camp%20truck%202_zpsgfw7llvr.jpg

wild%20horse%20trail%2011_zpsdpl3o302.jpg

I think everyone should learn to wheel without lockers, it teaches you better line selection. It will make you a better confident wheeler in the end once you find the need for them.

That's EXACTLY why I'm holding off on lockers...not because I'm poor, but because I'm self educating to be a better wheeler. Yeah. That's it alright. :p

Finally going to take the time to work in the truck. It's been down for a week. I need more "me" time. :(

View attachment 1289423

That looks like me this weekend. Not a Land Cruiser, but still a Toyota. I really need an air-conditioned garage. The shade only made it a step above working in hell.

9XVM2Zj.jpg

Took the LX450 up to the middle fork of American to fly fish.......bottom pics north fork of middle fork...;)

FymgAUF.jpg

6sQSocv.jpg

kN8dOpZ.jpg

Thank you for not posting a pic from 100 feet up in the air!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom