What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trail is so tight you can't turn around for better part of a mile, with scary drops on one side into steep hollers. Then we came to a small creek washed out so we had to poke it thru a small detour to cross and continue. With the croozah in 4L, 2nd gear, you hardly have to give it gas, it just goes over everything.

We dropped over 500 feet into a "holler" on a tight contour switchback trail. Came to a spring, and crossed. We stopped and had a cold one here, and let the dogs explore. The iPod played "Eyes of the World" live version, and a nice cool breeze came down the slope in the green gloom at the bottom of the holler. We were the only humans in 10 miles any way probably, except maybe a few wayward Ranger candidates (they train near here). I was letting my good friend "Hippie Randall" drive so I could chill out. I needed to relax and refresh myself, because Sat morning I helped search for a friend who had gone missing at a local state park. Turns out he committed suicide and they found his body.

If someone you know is depressed please take them somewhere very cool in your cruiser, play some killer tunes while the dogs frolic, and maybe they will cheer up. How could you not love life in these woods, under the cool canopy, by a creek, all is right with the world...?

Last edited:
Went to Utah, actually all over Utah. Spent two weeks, over 2500 miles, several awesome 4x4 off road trips and 0 problems with the cruiser. Such a proud papa.
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG

After my first day back from my trip too Michigan.
I quickly started replacing my rear rusted bumper with a shiny new (used) bumper thanks too Ghetto firman.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439839647.086796.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439839748.534740.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439839785.676057.jpg

I wanted to install my new CruiserCrap sound deadener this weekend (thanks Mark!) but it was 115 F in Goodyear AZ so I passed. In the meantime, I cooled the baby down at the nearby brushless carwash :)

Got a NOS fan motor from across the ocean. :D
20727161691_a8509dfd68.jpg

Great pic @Rockymtnreaper!!!! So stoked to be going back to Colorado next week to visit family. Alas not taking the LC but taking the mtn bike for sure!

Great pic @Rockymtnreaper!!!! So stoked to be going back to Colorado next week to visit family. Alas not taking the LC but taking the mtn bike for sure!
Best thing besides a LC to bring to Colorado is a MTB!! Plenty of maintained and good trails here in Durango, CO. (Can't seem to stay off my new Remedy.)
Have fun with the Family!

Best thing besides a LC to bring to Colorado is a MTB!! Plenty of maintained and good trails here in Durango, CO. (Can't seem to stay off my new Remedy.)
Have fun with the Family!
Yeah took my Stumpy FSR clone (Hammerhead Thumper) to Steamboat (where family is) last year and rode all over the place. Some seriously epic riding there and only hear that So Colorado is better.

Tell us what fan motor that is? Carb cooler, blower or specialé to the 62?
Oh, ha small detail. It's the blower motor for the front heater/AC. Part number# 87104-90A00. I believe this motor is common across the FJ60-62s?

Yeah took my Stumpy FSR clone (Hammerhead Thumper) to Steamboat (where family is) last year and rode all over the place. Some seriously epic riding there and only hear that So Colorado is better.

If you make your way down here I'm always down to ride!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440131383.972714.jpg

Boo for FOX!! Another company that has gotten too big for its britches and like to charge their customer top dollar for garbage. I am a Manitou fan!!!
My roommate races for them (WorldCup DH), Fox is OVERRATED.. I'm starting to like rockshox again... might sell mine and get the new pike!

Finally finished the quiet crap install. Talk about a project not to do in the summer! I probably lost 10pounds in water/sweat. At least I know the foil backing works well. :D Now comes the CCF then the MLV!
20763433792_77285b5aac.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom