What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interior alaska is getting pounded with snow this weekend. I had to air down to get though 10in of fresh wet snow (our driveway is very poorly designed) but I made it after 20 tries or so. Pulled out a late model tahoe or some big GM suv, and broke trail for it and Rav4 to the highway :)

Edit: I had to recover the "Rav4" this afternoon, it was actually a newer Jeep Cherokee.
PXL_20210404_165617334.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe not my own work, or just this weekend, but I did pick up my truck from Doug DeLong's "Well Sorted Automotive" in Buena Vista, CO this weekend. Very happy with the results after he did the following:

1. Rear-gear both axles to 4.56, new wheel bearings and rebuilt knuckle joints
2. Install tranny cooler and flush A/T
3. Install tune-up parts I supplied (plugs, wires, distributor cap/rotor, fuel damper, EGR solenoid)
4. Rebuilt A/T shifter (feels like new!)
5. Ripped-out the old carpet and happy to report no rust. Installed Noico butyl, closed-cell foam sound deadening and new @dnp carpet kit
6. New front brake lines and rear brake shoes (turned drums)
7. Re-installed OME front leaf springs previously installed backwards
8. New u-joints and balanced drive shaft.
9. 4WD transfer switch and dash bulb (both bad, so now the 4WD light works!)

The day I got home I had a flat tire on the way to the dump (my utility trailer tire). Stopped by Discount tire and took the opportunity to replace my old tires to 31.6" BFG KO2's. These new tires and the new gears should be equal to stock set-up.

On my trip up to DDL to drop of the car it got 10.5 MPG. On my way back home it got 14.8 mpg. Pretty pleased with the way it runs and feels.

Next on the list:
Install new dash recently painted SEM brown and new instrument bezel. Re-paint wilderness rack that was cut-down to fit into garage.

IMG_7745.jpg

Resized_20210403_171300.jpeg

image000000-2.jpeg

20210324_093623.jpg

no worries @Gretsch
For those that want a one thread only answer:
SEM Black EZ Coat
ACE hardware antique gold metallic spray-paint
Sharpie oil paint pen fine tip - white
Keep some Q-Tips and Paint thinner handy to clean up when the white paint as doing the free lock lettering is a little fiddly

3921B4B2-E830-45F4-B11D-60F3A9C21943.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe not my own work, or just this weekend, but I did pick up my truck from Doug DeLong's "Well Sorted Automotive" in Buena Vista, CO this weekend. Very happy with the results after he did the following:

3. Install tune-up parts I supplied (plugs, wires, distributor cap/rotor, fuel damper, EGR solenoid)
5. Ripped-out the old carpet and happy to report no rust. Installed Noico butyl, closed-cell foam sound deadening and new @dnp carpet kit

The day I got home I had a flat tire on the way to the dump (my utility trailer tire). Stopped by Discount tire and took the opportunity to replace my old tires to 31.6" BFG KO2's. These new tires and the new gears should be equal to stock set-up.

On my trip up to DDL to drop of the car it got 10.5 MPG. On my way back home it got 14.8 mpg. Pretty pleased with the way it runs and feels.

Next on the list:
Install new dash recently painted SEM brown and new instrument bezel. Re-paint wilderness rack that was cut-down to fit into garage.

View attachment 2635396

View attachment 2635397

View attachment 2635398

View attachment 2635399
Used go wheelin' in "Buenie" all the time. Looking good 👍

I channeled "Project Wrong Way" this weekend,--replaced the rear liftgate supports on the rear hatch, Armor All'd and put back the cargo area panels I removed years ago, and spray painted a few trail scuffs -- all the while ignoring the mission critical mechanical issues keeping my rig off the road (front brake caliper is busted).

I channeled "Project Wrong Way" this weekend,--replaced the rear liftgate supports on the rear hatch, Armor All'd and put back the cargo area panels I removed years ago, and spray painted a few trail scuffs -- all the while ignoring the mission critical mechanical issues keeping my rig off the road (front brake caliper is busted).

Those little wins keep the fire alive!

no worries @Gretsch
SEM Black EZ Coat
Keep some Q-Tips and Paint thinner handy to clean up when the white paint as doing the free lock lettering is a little fiddly

View attachment 2635400
I did the same, however I’ve always liked the look of the red hubs, so I did a color change. I hear you on the lettering, I wasn’t expecting it to be as tedious as it was. I used a Toyota white scratch touch up pen.

4954C065-7F71-4652-AD19-F199B577CBC7.jpeg

I did the same, however I’ve always liked the look of the red hubs, so I did a color change. I hear you on the lettering, I wasn’t expecting it to be as tedious as it was. I used a Toyota white scratch touch up pen.

View attachment 2635499
You get extra credit for doing the white lettering on the rotating part.
I wasn’t patient, brave, accurate enough to attempt that.

You get extra credit for doing the white lettering on the rotating part.
I wasn’t patient, brave, accurate enough to attempt that.
I definitely contemplated leaving it, but after all that I was determined to finish it. Even if it looked like s***, which is does up close.

Next on the list:

View attachment 2635396

View attachment 2635397

View attachment 2635398

View attachment 2635399
All that in a weekend?

no worries @Gretsch
SEM Black EZ Coat

It is much easier to do the lettering oem way (at least oem as it was on mine). After painting I used a fine hobby file to remove the paint from letters.

IMG_20180911_161257.jpg

It is much easier to do the lettering oem way (at least oem as it was on mine). After painting I used a fine hobby file to remove the paint from letters.

IMG_20180911_161257.jpg
Ok - now I feel like a complete moron 😀
Awesome tip, there is 50/50 chance I re-do it the way you just described. The 100 year old guy that used to own my house left a huge supply of tiny files in a drawer in the basement (train set or small wood sculptures?) Never had a use for them until now.

Ok - now I feel like a complete moron 😀
Awesome tip, there is 50/50 chance I re-do it the way you just described. The 100 year old guy that used to own my house left a huge supply of tiny files in a drawer in the basement (train set or small wood sculptures?) Never had a use for them until now.
Was he a jewler perhaps? My sister is and she has a giant collection of various files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom