What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing to strenuous or hardcore, Got this installed and tried it out in the drive way.

20210411_132503.jpg

20210411_131028.jpg

20210411_131007.jpg

I think so too. That sumbytch looks after me though. 😁
My 4 speed was still in good shape. I wasn’t transferring oil but shifting was getting notchy and there was a lot of noise. I’m pleased as punch with the 5 speed and long spline McNamara gear.

I occasionally have trouble with the TC grinding out of low. Sometimes it's fine, but after replacing detent spring and removing the inner boot, it still will act up. Maybe because of the extra oil? Maybe the input shaft? Maybe I'm destined to do a tc rebuild and H55F? I just don't have the time or funds right now. However it will happen.

Took my bumper off and put on the 8274 that I rebuilt. There was absolutely no clearance between the grill. It actually pushed it in a bit and I had to use the lower mounting holes for the bumper. Has anybody else ran into the same install?

I did have to get a little creative to lift it up and into place - it’s not redneck if it works right...?

CF4040C2-11A1-4F82-A1EB-B3348C8E292E.jpeg

Cleaned up the rear carpet today and made a template of the cargo area carpet that is toast.
20210411_140633.jpg
Hoping to replace with a rubber mat material. Has anybody done this? Best i could find for the price is 1/4" i would think 1/8" would be more suitable but so far has been hard to find afordably. Hoping that the scrub down got rid of the years of mouse mess that sat on the carpet.

20210411_134149.jpg

20210411_140722.jpg

20210411_125643.jpg

Took my truck out for a ride, had a blowout on rear drivers side doing 75mph. Tire had less than 1500 miles. Now I wish I would have gotten the warranty...

C4B74FF6-187A-4B25-945E-9B17385EE84C.jpeg

To be clear for those playing along at home: The picture shows the vac hoses installed correctly.
Hi @FJ40Jim. So, I had them installed correctly? Thank You so much Jim. My eyes must have been crossed when I read that vacuum line diagram. Once again thanks and telling people.what NOT TO DO. I have deleted the pic...just incase they dont see this crucial message.

Couldn't do the rear diff this weekend like I had planned to (decided to order new thrust washers for the side bearings since I think I'll need to take up for excess backlash), so changed the oil and after the sway bar thread a few weeks ago decided to go ahead and reinstall my front one, all nice and freshly powdercoated.

Sway 01.jpg

Sway 02.jpg

Couldn't do the rear diff this weekend like I had planned to (decided to order new thrust washers for the side bearings since I think I'll need to take up for excess backlash), so changed the oil and after the sway bar thread a few weeks ago decided to go ahead and reinstall my front one, all nice and freshly powdercoated.

View attachment 2643170

View attachment 2643171
I bet you’ll be fine to use the old ones. Just make sure you keep them on the correct side. I’d try it out with those first unless they’ve obviously been spun out.

@TexFJ Yes, KO2’s. First time ever, after multiple sets, with any issues.
I’ve heard of that happening with the original KOs but they changed the rubber composition for the 2s. That’s terrifying. Glad you’re good.

I bet you’ll be fine to use the old ones. Just make sure you keep them on the correct side. I’d try it out with those first unless they’ve obviously been spun out.
That's my plan when I get to that point of the rebuild. I wanted to make absolutely sure I have the parts just in case though. Better to have them and not need them than the other way around. Ordered a pair of each of the four different thicknesses so I can do it right the first time. Only about $20 worth from Partsouq, so I added a handful of other small parts I've been wanting so I could justify the shipping lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom