What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Manual seats or powered?

did u use torfabs brackets or made your own? I’m interested.. thanks
Hello,
They are powered seats from a 2000 BMW 3 series. I did use Tor’s brackets and they worked perfectly. :)
Cheers!

28780F9C-D380-47C5-B332-657EC6897922.jpeg
25501639-D00E-43A4-9D3F-76F448C0CC26.jpeg

Noticed this on my radiator. Cool. Cool.

Wiring up some fog lights for the 62. I changed the stock connector to a waterproof DT connector. Now to build the chassis harness!
7B1DF53C-70B1-440F-B41B-6E6C85A2A079.jpeg

Started with this
IMG_5228.jpeg

Then finished with this
IMG_5231.jpeg

Got to the beach in time for this
IMG_5234.jpeg

And this
IMG_5238.jpeg

And then did this the next day
IMG_5244.jpeg

Did a roof rack, flexible solar, cut the lower valance to fit a winch, installed it, respray on a few things. Also fixed the scratches from last weekends wheeling trip :)
5E7C89F4-67B2-41BE-8164-E1EEA979C0F0.jpeg
6AA44AF3-E2AE-4D53-AC2E-32821BD9A63C.jpeg
ACC535DC-B00A-4B3E-A659-31DD01706E54.jpeg
07D2373B-1AAF-4395-9336-F270887A7271.jpeg

Pulled my leaking steering box and took it to a rebuilder (ADCO Power Steering) in Houston. The have 1-2 day service. I spoke to West Texas Offroad, very nice guys but in the end I decided I did not want to fool with shipping it in a 5 gallon bucket (or driving it to them 7 hours away) and they said it would be at least 2 weeks once they got it.

ADCO has been around for a long time and they seem to know what they are doing. I will report back after I get it installed.
Got the rebuilt steering box installed and drove it 300 miles on a hunting trip. Glad to report that ADCO did a great job, all of the wandering is gone in my steering and no leaks.

If you are anywhere close to Houston area and need a power steering box rebuild, I can recommend them highly. They had another identical box there when I went to pick mine up. They do a lot of business. The place doesn't look like much from the outside, but they know their stuff.

On the way to work this morning stopped to help winch a busted Dodge onto a tow dolly. The right front wheel, fender, body, and other stuff was messed up because something in the suspension or steering let go at speed. No tow hooks on this truck, we had to improvise.

IMG_5873.jpg

On the way to work this morning stopped to help winch a busted Dodge onto a tow dolly. The right front wheel, fender, body, and other stuff was messed up because something in the suspension or steering let go at speed. No tow hooks on this truck, we had to improvise.

View attachment 2614975
Looks like an upper ball joint. Lucky that is all the damage he had.

nice.. I have that same ARB. What are you doing with the oem front bumper?
Thanks
Currently the OEM bumper is taking up space in my garage. If I can make room for it I will likely hang on to it for long term in case somebody wants it if I ever sell my rig.

Thanks
Currently the OEM bumper is taking up space in my garage. If I can make room for it I will likely hang on to it for long term in case somebody wants it if I ever sell my rig.
lol.. i love the ARB on mine.. but my wife says she likes the "classic" look better. Your post just reminded me of this back-n-forth I have going on...
1615911301950.png

lol.. i love the ARB on mine.. but my wife says she likes the "classic" look better. Your post just reminded me of this back-n-forth I have going on... View attachment 2615958
Nice! It was about a year of conversation before my wife accepted the idea of an ARB. She likes the classic look and clean lines of stock 60 series. Ultimately it came down to intended use and I "won" or at least she let me think that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom