What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet, David! Thank you. Looking forward to it. When I've got everything back together, I'll post up pics in your main thread.

All the best,
O.N.

Sorry all, I didn't refresh, and did a double reply to David (and edited it). Not trying to up my post count :)

If the moderator wants to delete this... no worries!

Not all this weekend, but close enough.

Turned 180K while on the highway!

i-95JVmDG-L.jpg

Went camping with my kid.

i-zmzCcb9-L.jpg

i-fRw9Cw3-L.jpg

Put on some new seat covers I waited awhile for (Precision Fit, Carhartt, Awesome!).

i-9xMG4Kr-L.jpg

i-tWpfp9K-L.jpg

Cleaned my grungy carpet too while I had those seats out! ;)

That's a lovely setup. The rooftop tent... nice. I've never slept in one. Fairly comfortable? My two kiddos are on me to get one, but it's not in the budget yet. Next summer, I hope. Had enough of sleeping on the ground!

Take it easy,
O.N.

Turned 180K while on the highway!

i-95JVmDG-L.jpg

Went camping with my kid.

i-zmzCcb9-L.jpg

i-fRw9Cw3-L.jpg

Put on some new seat covers I waited awhile for (Precision Fit, Carhartt, Awesome!).

i-9xMG4Kr-L.jpg

i-tWpfp9K-L.jpg

Cleaned my grungy carpet too while I had those seats out! ;)
Those look amazing! Are they Carhartt covers you had someone tailor to fit the 60 seats specifically?

That's a lovely setup. The rooftop tent... nice. I've never slept in one. Fairly comfortable? My two kiddos are on me to get one, but it's not in the budget yet. Next summer, I hope. Had enough of sleeping on the ground!

Thanks, we love the RTT setup, been using this one since about 2007. Very comfortable, has a 2.5 inch foam mattress. Only draw back is having to pack it up to use the vehicle during the day, vs leaving a tent set up in camp.

Those look amazing! Are they Carhartt covers you had someone tailor to fit the 60 seats specifically?

Thanks, yes they are by Precision Fit. They have a lot of materials to choose from including the carhartt fabric. They custom sew them for your specific model vehicle. I was amazed they had a pattern for FJ60's. It takes a couple months, but they are really nice. Cost about the same as the Spector slip covers.

Thanks, we love the RTT setup, been using this one since about 2007. Very comfortable, has a 2.5 inch foam mattress. Only draw back is having to pack it up to use the vehicle during the day, vs leaving a tent set up in camp.

Thanks, yes they are by Precision Fit. They have a lot of materials to choose from including the carhartt fabric. They custom sew them for your specific model vehicle. I was amazed they had a pattern for FJ60's. It takes a couple months, but they are really nice. Cost about the same as the Spector slip covers.
Thank you for the details. I really appreciate it. It sounds like the roof top is worth the extra effort.

All the best,
O.N.

Just completed a cross country journey from Wilmington, NC to Manhattan Beach, CA. Stopped over in Oklahoma for a few days before continuing west. We managed to hit the hurricane in Tennessee a few weeks ago and the heat wave in Las Vegas the following week. Temps up to 116 in the Mojave. I was worried a bit about overheating with the mountains and being so weighed down, but the truck did great. At one point, I was going so slowly (while floored) that a 60 passed me, even at altitude. A few highlights here below

07659763-316A-443C-9B8E-1572FCAC7958.jpeg

50DB1C75-5C89-467A-B494-10835C35B40D.jpeg

92A1EE6F-FCD7-410D-AEED-1EA6863BDE7E.jpeg

1393A0FC-C3AF-474E-83D7-8BA1F5DEC69C.jpeg

39D1ABB9-DB6D-448B-8331-68CF2E587BF3.jpeg

I've thought about the FJ60 a lot for the last three weeks...while sitting with my busted right ankle elevated.

Saw some posting somewhere of a hanging shelf. Decided to copy the concept and I expect this to be useful. Plywood is 50 cm x 75 cm and hangs from the roof rack by 3 or 4 mm braided cord. I implanted 1/4" rivnuts into the rack tubing and screwed in eyebolts. This extra space should be very handing with camping or holding tools. Easy to build and easy to set up. I'm going to place rivnuts on the passenger side so that I can used this on either side.

IMG_5171.jpg
IMG_5172.jpg
IMG_5174.jpg
IMG_5175.jpg

thanks to @cruiseroutfit and using UPS for shipping I got my Aisin clutch master and slave 4 days early and got them installed this afternoon. The old master (non Aisin) was leaking but the slave looked brand new and had markings that matched the new one. Spare now. Adjust the smog pump belt and a quick wash... good Sunday.

Drove it to work on Saturday and cleaned a handful of parts in the large wash basin we have at the shop. They shined up reasonably well, but if I were to do it again I would just use something like oven cleaner instead of just degreaser, scotch brite pads and a lot of elbow grease.

Unfortunately, after leaving the shop I only made it a couple of blocks before the truck started to run extremely rough and eventually stalled completely. I wasn't able to get it idle and it would barely stay running if I kept the throttle open. Since it has been parked for most of the last few years with only short trips I figured it would be something simple that just dried out or got gummed up. Checked the fuel filter, cleaned the plugs, looked for wires that might have shorted, checked for loose grounds or cracked hoses; but nothing seemed damaged or in too bad of condition. I decided I would just call AAA to tow it home and track down the problem later. For whatever reason though, they failed miserably to find a tow truck that would take the call and I waited in a parking lot for 4.5hrs before I called my dad to make the drive down and flat tow me back to work.
So today I decided that I would replace a few parts that I thought might be the problem. I found a NAPA that had the fuel pump and filter in stock; those didn't fix it. Then I tried replacing the coil which I changed a few years back with a really cheap one, along with a new set of plugs; that didn't work either. I pulled the air cleaner off and tried to get it to run on starting fluid to see if the carb might be clogged up, but nothing changed.
The only thing I could think of at this point was that something in the smog system was not working right and causing an air/fuel mix issue. So I gave the EGR valve a few whacks with a hammer and screwdriver..... problem solved, truck runs perfect again.

More or less a waste of a day and the annoyance of spending money on an engine that will be removed by the end of the year.

TLDR: If your 2F suddenly starts running horribly for no apparent reason, give the EGR a few taps with a punch/screwdriver.
IMG_20200919_143134.jpg
IMG_20200919_162631.jpg

Just completed a cross country journey from Wilmington, NC to Manhattan Beach, CA. Stopped over in Oklahoma for a few days before continuing west. We managed to hit the hurricane in Tennessee a few weeks ago and the heat wave in Las Vegas the following week. Temps up to 116 in the Mojave. I was worried a bit about overheating with the mountains and being so weighed down, but the truck did great. At one point, I was going so slowly (while floored) that a 60 passed me, even at altitude. A few highlights here below

View attachment 2440088

View attachment 2440091

View attachment 2440093

View attachment 2440095

View attachment 2440096
That's what a 60-Series is meant to do, looks like it was a great trip.

decided to pimp out a 3FE t-stat set up fully loaded all new bling and sensors ........

not sure ?

guess i was bored 🤔

1600804262757.png

1600804288007.png

View attachment 2443121

Inspiration ................:cool:

035_2F_a-big11.jpg

1600804197464.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom