What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More photos!

I’m so terrible at taking photos along the way. But as everyone has said, your carpet kits fit well, hold up well (rest of it has already been in for at least a year), and look good!

Reactions: dnp
Accidentally bought a tongue to fill in until I get a winch.

IMG_20200818_121600541.jpg

I’m so terrible at taking photos along the way. But as everyone has said, your carpet kits fit well, hold up well (rest of it has already been in for at least a year), and look good!
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think I've seen a black carpet installation yet, so if you can shoot some photos, I'd like to see what it looks like with seats, etc.

Received and installed my cityracer led headlights. 5 mins my ass lol. Had to mount and ground the reverse polarity harness but overall pretty easy. Should make a big difference in the 5am commute to jobsite and Fridays Big Bend NP trip. I also recently installed the grill that i purchased from the new j Whitney. I had to make a couple of minor alterations and as you can see the T doesn't quite sit flush. But for 52ish shipped, I am happy with it.
IMG_20200826_182258_622.jpg
IMG_20200826_182333_937.jpg
IMG_20200826_182350_590.jpg

Ran the Rubicon with the few friends during the TLCA Rubithon that didn't happen due to Covid. Really missed having the Wagon Run this year! With three trucks and three drivers there wasn't much time taken out for selfies and videos, but we got a couple.

One more, getting around Decision Tree. Usually I go between the rocks, not around everything. The slider action was intentional as I needed a tight pivot around that rock to get properly lined up for the exit.

Just a little minor cosmetic work. I have two pairs of WOLO Sonic Blast horns (HFS they are LOUD!!) on my 62 but hate how the red discs stick out and look "ricey" on a blue truck. Plus the black grilles started rusting almost immediately and the screws were rusted in less than a month. So I had a buddy who does powder coating coat the discs blue and do satin black on the grilles, which I put new stainless hardware on. Also finally learned the purpose of the adjusting screw on the back while I had them apart. It does NOT affect the volume or tone of the horn; just whether it works or not. Cleaned up the wiring which wasn't even installed in the first pic, and looks much more stock now. I dig it.

Horns 01.jpg

Horns 02.jpg

Last edited:
Received and installed my cityracer led headlights. 5 mins my ass lol. Had to mount and ground the reverse polarity harness but overall pretty easy. Should make a big difference in the 5am commute to jobsite and Fridays Big Bend NP trip. I also recently installed the grill that i purchased from the new j Whitney. I had to make a couple of minor alterations and as you can see the T doesn't quite sit flush. But for 52ish shipped, I am happy with it.View attachment 2417198View attachment 2417199View attachment 2417200

Your leaf springs are backwards. Not sure it truly matters since dimensions are the same but military wrap is *supposed* to go to the shackle end.

Replaced Master and Slave hydrolic clutch with SS line. One 🍌 job. Hardest part is getting the soft line disconnected from the hard line. Then rebuilt the Lightning Strike dizzy. Apparently, high heat is turning the upper lube to gum and seizing up the advance and bushing. Me thinks the rotar is arcing to the shaft. I packed with hight temp wheel bearing grease. If it cools to gum again, I'll clean it up again and lube it with high temp silicon brake parts grease and get nylon screws to fasten the rotor.

After a year of solid work I finally took a day off and me and my son drove the cruiser down to Waco for some Tacos:

IMG_5711.jpg
IMG_5709.jpg

Over 100 degrees here in North Central Texas. Sorry to whine, but just brutal. The A/C system just was not keeping up with the heat and later I found out why. Freon leaked out somehow and I had very little in the system. On the way back we hit Dallas and got stuck in complete shutdown traffic in the middle of a construction zone. Accident up ahead, barriers on each side, and no exits. Cruiser finally ran out of gas (or so I thought) and the old 2F quit with no median to pull off onto. Blocking one of the already limited lanes, we had to get pushed into a gas station by a kind Police officer. Used his push bumper. Have to say his car struggled to get the Hell BItch up a hill we encountered. But we got in. Filled up, and the old 2F started right up and ran fine. Rough part of Dallas, and it was total chaos. Policemen everywhere, working the accident, some apparent assault situation at the gas station, guy asked for a jump all in the space of like 20 minutes. We high-tailed it out of there and were back on the road. Made it as far as Richardson Texas, and suddenly the 2F lost all power. I goosed it a couple of times to keep it running but she just was not having it. 2F shut down and we rolled to a stop on the thankfully available median:

IMG_5717.jpg

2F would turn over but would not start. Called my wife, @ceylonfj40nut, @SgtChase and @Cincodemustache (thanks boys) for some local consultation and a shot of courage. Around 103 at this point with a kid and a dog so rather than fool with it on the side of the road, I then called a tow truck and by 9PM I had the beast at a dealer to sort out. Knew I needed to address the A/C so this coupled with the searing heat, this was one rare time I was perfectly willing to let someone else handle things for a change. While waiting for the tow, a good samaritan stopped, kind of a safety patrol thing I guess, and asked if he could help. First thing he asked was if we could pull codes to see what the issue is. I thought I was in trouble then. But had nothing else to do but wait so he and I worked to figure out what the issue was. We determined it was the coil as we were getting no spark. The dealership determined the same, replaced the coil, and got the truck back today with a now working A/C system and a 2F thats ready to roll. Can't say enough about this community and everyone's willing to help out with these trucks. If anyone in North Texas wants a place to take their 60 series, Toyota of McKinney really helped me out today. Great folks and they love these old trucks.

Last edited:
Awesome. Sorry I could not help you in my backyard. I was in Decatur when I got your text. Glad all is fixed.

Replaced the front and rear flexible brake lines with longer ones from Rock Auto. Went ahead and flushed the brake fluid and replaced with new since I lost most of it replacing the lines. Bled the brakes until I had firm peddle and went for a short drive to make sure I could still stop😝. Sometimes it is the small stuff that makes you feel like you made the day worth while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom