What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lucky hit relatively, and probably good thing it was your new truck. How's your neck?

Waiting on insurance. My guess is it's totaled, the rear end is destroyed. Shame the truck only has 86k.

Sorry about your truck, glad you are mostly OK. Plenty of life left in that engine if it were to swapped in to something...just thinking out loud

Waiting on insurance. My guess is it's totaled, the rear end is destroyed. Shame the truck only has 86k.
Pull the motor and tranny and put them in your 60!

do-it.jpg

Went for a long drive on some dirt roads and camped out in the back country.

View attachment 1722145

View attachment 1722147
Everything around here is closed to access (Stage III fire restrictions) due to extreme fire conditions - National Parks, National Monuments, National Forests, County open space lands - everything. I'm hoping things don't get to that point in the Kaibab National Forest north of the Grand Canyon for next week's Pig Party 2018.

What part of Arizona were you in?

Jumped in the Sixty to go see a picture show. Imagine my surprise when she didn't have enough juice to turn over. Jumped it to see the volt gauge reading under the normal 14v down to about 10. Studied the MUD and ordered brushes through Napa. Says hecho en Chiner right on the box. Ugh! I'm not sure they are the right brushes but I got no place to go that my KLX Kawi can't take me until this is fixed.

Central AZ.

Lots of closures here all over the state, it's very very dry and far too many human caused fires and abandoned camp fires this year. Hopefully this tropical storms drops some rain here in coming days!

Everything around here is closed to access (Stage III fire restrictions) due to extreme fire conditions - National Parks, National Monuments, National Forests, County open space lands - everything. I'm hoping things don't get to that point in the Kaibab National Forest north of the Grand Canyon for next week's Pig Party 2018.

What part of Arizona were you in?

I started diagnosing my nonworking backup lights. Determined that bulbs and fuses are good and everything seems to be proper in the tail light assemblies. There is no power at the housing or connector so now its either a bad reverse switch in the gearbox, a broken wire between the gearbox and the lights, or a broken wire to the gearbox switch...but guessing broken wires would have resulted in blown fuses. My money is on a bad switch or switch connector.

Also figured out that someone installed an electric fuel pump back on the frame rail and in doing so they had a real cob power setup for it....so hopefully thats not what killed the backup lights. With the pump power removed the truck still seems to start and run just fine. So I'll remove the pump and fix the fuel line.

The transmission on my 62 had been acting up after driving it a lot in the past few months. It mostly wouldn't shift in to gear until warm and when forcing it by manual shifting it be very rough. Rodney flush helped a little but the fluid was fine to begin with and kickdown on point. I flushed with Napa Dex3, which it doesn't seem to like to
much. I'm changing it to synthetic soon...

Finally got a chance to drop the pan and found one of the bolts of the filter housing at the bottom...Not sure if I should blame Death Valley washboards, Trump or myself for not checking the filter sooner.

New gaskets, cleaned the filter and now above symptoms are gone! hope this helps someone else in their A440 struggles.

20180612_183200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom