What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok I am far to tired to post pictures (but I have tons).
Saturday
Bleed the brakes again and now all set.
As I had my dash pad removed, I took the chance to glue down the dash cap (pic forthcoming)
Fixed all of the leaks on the transmission and transfer case (these were all superficial and easily done)
drained and filled the transmission and transfer case
Removed the 10 year old bypass host and installed an new one by @shipmag
Removed the drive shafts and replaced the u-joints
Filled the rear diff with oil

Sunday
Replaced the oil in the front diff
Did an oil change
Pulled the gas tank (that is not fun by yourself)
Installed a new fuel level sensor into the Long range tank and setup all new lines
Installed the long range fuel tank (again by myself) That was a pita with the lift and tires installed my jack even with a 4x4 piece of wood was not pushing it up high enough. A couple of jack stands helped.

That was it for this weekend. With the heat in the garage the key was to be hydrated.

Last edited:
Damn that’s a lot for one weekend! How you “easily” fix the leaks

Damn that’s a lot for one weekend! How you “easily” fix the leaks

Thanks, next weekend will be able the same.
Stuff like new seals for the speedo gear, and anything thing else that just unbolts easy and has a seal. Seems the case was not leaking all of the little things were.

Stretched her legs, fender trimming

3B53735E-49FA-47C9-BDAF-923523B295B2.jpeg

Finished putting everything together under the hood for tomorrow morning's rebuilt 3FE initial break-in. My '86 FJ60 hasn't been on the road since 1995, tomorrow may change that. Also finished installing the new $$$ dash. Still have to finish cleaning and reinstalling the mud flaps and install the door cards and new carpet. Other than that, the build is pretty much done.

Bay-1.jpg

Bay-2.jpg

Bay-3.jpg

Dash-1.jpg

Dash-2.jpg

Installed the LRA tank from Cruiser Brothers @wardharris @orangefj45 .
Great product, everything that was needed was there and fit like it was supposed to with clear, concise instructions.

They made the shipping work for me, delivered it when they said they would, and included some swag.
LRA fuel tank.jpg

Cruiser Bros hat.jpg

Last edited:
That is the beauty of the LRA tank it seems, well designed and just bolted in place with out any adjustments. the OEM tank was harder to get out. After seeing the trouble others had with their aftermarket (not LRA) long range tanks, I was concerned.
Mine was used and the inside still looked brand new, + add the fact they use brass (on mine at least) screws for float mount is impressive.

I
Theron does, Bean! My FJ60 build and adventure. It's a fantastic rig. Definitely part of the inspiration that got me into land cruisers in the first place!

I drove by a couple weeks ago to order parts and went from 6 to midnight when I saw Bean parked out back with a girl in the drivers seat on a cell phone. She had just finished her call when I was walking in towards the back to the shop.

I stopped and said “You’re driving a pretty famous rig.”

She responded with “Is that so? Was it in a movie?”

I said “It’s been a lot of places, Where are you headed?”

“I work for a glass company and we are going to replace the windshield. Do you know the easiest way to I-5?

Thought that would be my luck.

Last edited:
@DickM how's the fit-up? Do you reuse the Toyota level sensor and keep the factory pump?
Thanks for the purchase and the post, @DickM :bounce::bounce2:

Yes, @cheeese - pump and sender are reused but many folks replace the pump as a precaution.

Installed photo below and instructions here. We are working on a bit more detail with photos and stuff :)

upload_2018-6-19_20-9-52.png

That is the beauty of the LRA tank it seems, well designed and just bolted in place with out any adjustments. the OEM tank was harder to get out. After seeing the trouble others had with their aftermarket (not LRA) long range tanks, I was concerned.
Mine was used and the inside still looked brand new, + add the fact they use brass (on mine at least) screws for float mount is impressive.
Curious... how many more gallons and how much lower does it hang than stock?

38 gallons.

Less than if you had the spare tire under there but more than the OEM tank.
My hitch hangs lower as you can see in this pic.
(yes I know I need to trim my ubolts)
View attachment 1726983

Cool, thanks. I probably won’t be buying one but was simply curious. Good reference pix. Maybe @wardharris should use that one.

Installed the LRA tank from Cruiser Brothers @wardharris @orangefj45 .
Great product, everything that was needed was there and fit like it was supposed to with clear, concise instructions.

They made the shipping work for me, delivered it when they said they would, and included some swag.
View attachment 1726156

View attachment 1726158

Thanks for sending business our way!!! I’m super happy to see you owning the cruiser and making it a better vehicle!

Cheers!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Finished the tank install last night.
Did a little think like put in the clip for the hand throttle, seems mine was missing.

Installed this part number last night that I picked up from City Racer

Image1.jpg

In case you are wondering that is the OEM wiper linkage. As I am upgrading my wiper arms to the 4 Runner type (thanks Beno), I figure I might as well upgrade my wiper linkage.
I have the caps from Trail Tailor that I will put on my old linkage and hold them for spares.

OMG - just keep rubbing it in!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom