What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes to the orange :cool:

I've been fighting with (and still am) whether I should sell my FJ62 once I hit the bottom of Argentina (currently driving an American registered FJ62 from Los Angeles down there), or if I should ship it to Denmark... Reason says no. Heart says HELL YEAH! There's so much I still want to do on the FJ62, and if I sell it, it probably won't get done.

If I sell it I might be able to find another one for future overlander-projects in Europe... Not very likely... And it wouldn't be the same no matter which one I find :-( However I have been thinking... And I love the FJ62, but it's not cheap to drive it 25000 miles. So maybe a 100-series would be better for a future drive.

Shoot me down guys. Heart or reason? 100-series or stay with 60-series?? View attachment 1588183

I'd sell it. It's just a car. Focus on what's easiest for traveling.

Friday's close enough right?
Installed and plumed the vacuum lines for a new transfer valve. This is identical to the one I had done before, but I jumped the gun when I sold the last one thinking I would have the H55 and twin stick tcase installed within that year. Now I'm not sure which road I'll go down so I ordered a new valved and installed it. This time with push/pull actuation. I prefer my old one, but this gets the job done.

20171208_132224.jpg

20171208_132307.jpg

@ouroutdoorfamily I am not usually a fan of non standard colors on 60's but I like the orange. Its better than plain old white, but I would keep it 2 tone in some way. The whole thing orange may be too much unless you are planning to do advertising for home depot. Some combe of the white and orange would be distinctive and original:beer:

Yes, The plan is to keep the roof white, then the trailer I'm making will be Blue with a white lid... my girls want me to stay with the Star Wars theme of "Rex" and "Cody"... but I also told them that the next trailer I build (which is also in progress), can be painted OD Green with a gray lid and orange fenders and a little maroon trim... and I will call that one "The Fett" lol

Rex_Cody.jpg

Fett.png

Just ordered some "clips" to install the hood blanket and front rubber seal back onto the hood, next will be the front and rear doors, followed by the hatch and gate, then the roof (keeping that white) and to finish up with the body... it's a "paint by panel" project
I do understand the “paint by panel”...took over 2 years to get mine covered with a new coat of paint.

I do understand the “paint by panel”...took over 2 years to get mine covered with a new coat of paint.
well if it hadn't snowed yesterday and it wasn't 50 deg's outside I'd be out there sanding and priming the doors today... I should be able to finish the whole truck in about 3 weeks... if I have good weather... I don't have a heated garage, so I have to wait for the sun, lol

DiOTE="CenTXFJ60, post: 11361325, member: 98710"]I do understand the “paint by panel”...took over 2 years to get mine covered with a new coat of paint.[/QUOTE]
Did you remove panels when you could? Or paint them while on the vehicle?

33643109-3D38-463E-A7E8-3A7E07A53311.jpeg
C3EFC461-CA83-475B-94A7-E9CA743E5C76.jpeg
Messing with the 60 has been interrupted by a needed clutch job on my sister in laws 2000 4runner. I’m guessing it was worn out :). Worst I’ve ever seen. And this tranny was a bi**h to get out. Not looking forward to reloading it.

Loaded "The Sixty" with two dogs, two 14 yr old boys, and my lady to go wheel Porcupine Rim Trail. We got denied!! Trail is too gnarly with 4-speed, stock diff ratios and 33's. Yeah I probably could have made it by beating the ol' Beast through slipping the clutch, revving the s### out of it, spinning tires but that ain't my style. I get great joy out of picking a line and gracefully crawling through the rough parts. I will return after I upgrade to the h55 and 4.11's. After all, The Sixty is my daily driver and needs to be respected. So not to leave defeated, we gracefully drove back on the Fins and Things trail without spinning a tire or dragging a bumper.

IMG_20171209_161511_01.jpg

IMG_20171209_161439_01.jpg

IMG_20171209_141053705.jpg

@wngrog Funny thing, I have the same dent on my ps rear quarter panel and the same 4x4" post/work bench in the middle of my garage. Wish my paint looked like yours

@wngrog Funny thing, I have the same dent on my ps rear quarter panel and the same 4x4" post/work bench in the middle of my garage. Wish my paint looked like yours

Post a pic

Post a pic
Embarrassed to say, but my garage is in too much disarray to photograph. I probably could have gotten it squared away today, but chose to go wheelin instead. Give me a few days and I shall see about it.

I just picked up one of my Xmas present that I will install tomorrow. Authentic OEM Euro spec mirrors I picked up for $50.00 from a guy that sold his cruiser. Also I got his Con-Ferr roof rack as well. Yes....the Cruiser Gods were definitely with me (about time):clap:

20171209_221326.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah super nice find. Love my Aussie mirrors more than the 62 mirrors I had. One of the best upgrades I have done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom